The Queen of the South thread

He hasnt really "moved on" though. Hes only on loan at Brechin for a few weeks at which point he'll return to Queens. Therefore, taking an interest in his performances would seem to be pretty prudent.

Antell's move away from Queens may or may not turn out to be long term, time will tell. If he does return do you honestly think he will feature in the first team barring injuries or suspensions to Clark and Atkinson. If he was in McIntyre's future plans would he not have come back from his "injury" lay-off to take up at least the 2nd choice keepers position ahead of Atkinson instead of being loaned out. McIntyre hasn't done a great deal right this season so we should give him credit for, finally, getting one position sorted even if it may have been forced on him by circumstances. Actually the goss is that Antell didn't know until the morning of his first game on loan that he was going to Brechin for a game that evening, only gossip I stress. If he does return that's when I will worry, until then he's someone else's problem although IMO the interest being shown in his Brechin performances is a bit suspect if not exactly OTT.

Antell's move away from Queens may or may not turn out to be long term, time will tell. If he does return do you honestly think he will feature in the first team barring injuries or suspensions to Clark and Atkinson. If he was in McIntyre's future plans would he not have come back from his "injury" lay-off to take up at least the 2nd choice keepers position ahead of Atkinson instead of being loaned out. McIntyre hasn't done a great deal right this season so we should give him credit for, finally, getting one position sorted even if it may have been forced on him by circumstances. Actually the goss is that Antell didn't know until the morning of his first game on loan that he was going to Brechin for a game that evening, only gossip I stress. If he does return that's when I will worry, until then he's someone else's problem although IMO the interest being shown in his Brechin performances is a bit suspect if not exactly OTT.

Surely, the point, though, is whether or not he ever plays for Queens again and/or whether McIntyre made the right decision in replacing him depends largely on how well he does for Brechin?

Surely, the point, though, is whether or not he ever plays for Queens again and/or whether McIntyre made the right decision in replacing him depends largely on how well he does for Brechin?

McIntyre probably or hopefully now realises what most of us have thought since early in the season that the boy just hasn't done the business, whether due to lack of ability or confidence or both. Going on loan to a team for a few games, even in a lower division, sadly isn't going to suddenly turn him into a Lee Robinson. Of course the Manager must assess his performances whilst out on loan but to me, and I stress again it's only an opinion, the interest being shown by supporters tends to indicate that they are not entirely disappointed that Antell is leaking goals.

To paraphrase Bono - Well tonight thank God he plays for them instead of us.

Cruel, but true I'm afraid.

McIntyre probably or hopefully now realises what most of us have thought since early in the season that the boy just hasn't done the business, whether due to lack of ability or confidence or both. Going on loan to a team for a few games, even in a lower division, sadly isn't going to suddenly turn him into a Lee Robinson. Of course the Manager must assess his performances whilst out on loan but to me, and I stress again it's only an opinion, the interest being shown by supporters tends to indicate that they are not entirely disappointed that Antell is leaking goals.

IMHO there`s no relish in the fact he`s doing badly. Some dark humour and perhaps a little element of told you so but no pleasure nonetheless.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Cruel, but true I'm afraid.

Which is a fair point. But its not what you said originally.

Reckon we need a striker and a creative midfielder to bulk up our squad. Potential options for me are Denny Johnstone who is a highly thought of young striker at Celtic from Dumfries. Has been capped at youth level for Scotland and would be a good shout for a striking option. Dylan McGeough at Celtic is another who could be targeted as a creative midfielder, but it is seriously unlikely we would be able to land him as I reckon a club in the spl or down south would be his and Celtic's preferred option. Craig Moore at Motherwell is a striker I would love to see us target on a loan deal as he was outstanding at Cowdenbeath last season and can only make the Motherwell bench. William Gros can't even make the Kilmarnock bench so might be an option. His teammate Mark Stewart is a teammate of Gros, who is out of contract this month and I wouldn't be surprised if his name is on our potential target list. Jack Leitch from Motherwell is another option.

Lower league players who could be targeted

Jamie Longworth

Kenny Mackay

Michael Donald

Michael Moffat

Reckon we need a striker and a creative midfielder to bulk up our squad. Potential options for me are Denny Johnstone who is a highly thought of young striker at Celtic from Dumfries. Has been capped at youth level for Scotland and would be a good shout for a striking option. Dylan McGeough at Celtic is another who could be targeted as a creative midfielder, but it is seriously unlikely we would be able to land him as I reckon a club in the spl or down south would be his and Celtic's preferred option. Craig Moore at Motherwell is a striker I would love to see us target on a loan deal as he was outstanding at Cowdenbeath last season and can only make the Motherwell bench. William Gros can't even make the Kilmarnock bench so might be an option. His teammate Mark Stewart is a teammate of Gros, who is out of contract this month and I wouldn't be surprised if his name is on our potential target list. Jack Leitch from Motherwell is another option.

Jamie Longworth

Kenny Mackay

Michael Donaldy

Michael Moffat

Are any of them giants ?

Jamie Longworth

Kenny Mackay

Michael Donald

Michael Moffat

Denny Johnstone is a fantastic prospect and is also the great grandson of the late great Bobby Black

At what point in this season have we been away from the relegation dog fight? :(

70 minutes into opening day we were top of the league with everyone loving Jims style of play. Two late lapses from that donkey in goal should of been our warning for what was in store. Sack him now and at least give us the smallest hope of getting the play offs.

70 minutes into opening day we were top of the league with everyone loving Jims style of play. Two late lapses from that donkey in goal should of been our warning for what was in store. Sack him now and at least give us the smallest hope of getting the play offs.

The relegation play-offs I imagine you are talking about?