The Queen of the South thread

What happend to Connolly after St.Johnstone? The last time I seen him was at New Broomfield for our home European match.

I can't recall him managing again and I am sure I heard he was working for a golfing magazine. It does seem strange that he would completely pack football in though. You never know, he might fancy a crack at it again if Brannigan leaves at the end of the season.

I think that should be 'when Brannigan leaves at the end of the season'.

It is a very well worded statement, and one I feel did need to be released. The late timing of it though just confirms what we know about the board, that they are reactive and not proactive.

Absolutely right. The problem is that the Board are not suddenly going to get more proactive. There is a clear lack of leadership and direction as well as a lack of business acumen and longer term planning - that's what needs to change and the only way it will improve is with changes at the top.

If the communication from the club improves, that will at least be a small step forward.

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

Ok. Different for Cowden is it? Fair enough. So you're saying players should be told as soon as you know what division they are playing in then.

Personally I think that's nonsense but running with it for the moment. Morton, Thistle and Stirling know for sure what division they'll be in next season. Can we presume none of those clubs have any out of contract players who don't know their futures at this point? What about all the clubs in other divisions who know too? They presumably also don't have any uninformed out of contract players, no? I'd bet they do. And I'd also bet they are not getting roundly criticised for it. This happens every single year in football. I accept we have more than usual this year but I fail to see how that changes the principle at all? If players are entitled to know before the season ends why isn't a fuss kicked up every year?

Further to this I note from the other thread that Morton, a team who have known what division they will be in next season for the same time as us, and who have no great financial worries, have THREE first team players under contract beyond the end of this season at the moment and 14 out of contract (plus two loan players leaving).

Booooo. It's a disgrace. :angry:

Queens fans must be blind! Do we honestly believe that the board are sitting with no clue as to where we are going? Pesh!!!! They cant do anything until we get to the end of the season and get rid of the big wage hitters who are outta contract! If you look at the website and see our boys are out in 31st May! It will be interesting to see if the ones who are up in the 15th get renewed! If they do then im pretty sure the board are sitting with there plans in place............;)

In Twitter-land, Colin McMenamin says "Off to training, 3 days left being a queens player. It's been decent." Bob Harris replied "Sure has fella!".

So decent they could stay but on reduced terms?!

Played for the first team a couple of times over the last few weeks, he is the best of the current 19's IMO.

Yeah, i remember reading something somewhere which give him a fair bit of praise.

In Twitter-land, Colin McMenamin says "Off to training, 3 days left being a queens player. It's been decent." Bob Harris replied "Sure has fella!".

Its an absolute disgrace the way David Rae and BOD at Queens are treating the players and management at the moment. Refusing to even speak to them.

Can't see the club making much in the shirt sponsorship draw or season ticket sales for next season.

Nearly every person you speak to these days in and around Dumfries has absolutely no respect for any of the blazers at Queens.

Sad times

Edited by DUMFRIES_CREW

Made some recent interior design changes to my living room. I think it looks good, the wife isn't too impressed!

post-101-0-72577000-1304854622_thumb.jpg post-101-0-66091100-1304854638_thumb.jpg post-101-0-06383200-1304854662_thumb.jpg

Many thanks to John in the Shop for sending these across.

Made some recent interior design changes to my living room. I think it looks good, the wife isn't too impressed!

post-101-0-72577000-1304854622_thumb.jpg post-101-0-66091100-1304854638_thumb.jpg post-101-0-06383200-1304854662_thumb.jpg

Many thanks to John in the Shop for sending these across.

Cool! i am about to purchase the car boxing gloves :thumsup2

Photo of the U19s trophy, courtesy of sfl.com

009__034__news__QOS_2__1304686410_standard.jpg

Edited by a_mac

Are our players under contract till the 31st May.Brannigan is under contract till the 31st not sure about the players.The big 5 i would try and resign are Quinn Weatherston McMenamin Burns and Harris.David Rae and his board even now do not know what they are doing staying full time or part time or a bit of both which i think would be the way forward.Have say 8 full time players backed up with under 19 players then some part time players to make up the squad.Why have the board not even made there minds up yet surely they must have talked about this months ago.

Edited by dumfries.....boys

Are our players under contract till the 31st May.Brannigan is under contract till the 31st not sure about the players.The big 5 i would try and resign are Quinn Weatherston McMenamin Burns and Harris.David Rae and his board even now do not know what they are doing staying full time or part time or a bit of both which i think would be the way forward.Have say 8 full time players backed up with under 19 players then some part time players to make up the squad.Why have the board not even made there minds up yet surely they must have talked about this months ago.

The wall of silence continues at Queens. Wonder if there could be a split in the boardroom ?

Players contract expiry dates are on their OS profiles and have been all season. They are mostly 31st May though Allan Johnston is 15th May and I think McMenamin might be also, though the OS does say 31st May for him.

Inevitably the final decision of whether to be full time or part time or a mix will have to lie with next year's manager, whether that be Brannigan or someone else. It's not up to the Board particularly or even terribly relevant to them. The Board's role is to set the playing budget. If the manager would prefer to get part-timers on that budget or try to assemble a full time squad on it (or a mix and match of the two) that's up to him.

Players contract expiry dates are on their OS profiles and have been all season. They are mostly 31st May though Allan Johnston is 15th May and I think McMenamin might be also, though the OS does say 31st May for him.

Inevitably the final decision of whether to be full time or part time or a mix will have to lie with next year's manager, whether that be Brannigan or someone else. It's not up to the Board particularly or even terribly relevant to them. The Board's role is to set the playing budget. If the manager would prefer to get part-timers on that budget or try to assemble a full time squad on it (or a mix and match of the two) that's up to him.

When do you think a managerial announcement will be made SD ?

Any new manager will need time to assemble a new squad.

11 weeks on saturday is first game of new season so I would guess pre season will be 6 or 7 weeks away

Decisions will have to be made sooner rather than later. The new season will be upon us before we know it & we don't even know who our manager is going to be. Until a decision is reached on that front any talk of signing players is pointless.

Decisions will have to be made sooner rather than later. The new season will be upon us before we know it & we don't even know who our manager is going to be. Until a decision is reached on that front any talk of signing players is pointless.

The shirt sponsor draw is this thursday yet I have hardly heard a thing about it coming out of Palmerston.

Record low entry I would say

When do you think a managerial announcement will be made SD ?

No idea. I would have dealt with the situation weeks ago, if not months ago.

The shirt sponsor draw is this thursday yet I have hardly heard a thing about it coming out of Palmerston.

Record low entry I would say

It's already not a record low entry given what it was at on Saturday. I expect it will inevitably be lower than last year for several different reasons, not least the expiry of several sponsors such as R&D during the past year and the likelihood that others, like Queens, are struggling in the economic environment.