The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Prize money we received £185,170.

The Cups  we only got £9,500 for our early exit from the  Scottish Cup yet made £77, 000 from the Viaplay Cup.

We are only just behind Dunfermline who received £198 ,000 but Falkirk got more than double receiving over £400,000 after doing well in the Cups .

Crucial to us is obviously getting back up  the Championship .

On League placing alone we received £98,000 yet the bottom club in the Championship got £209,000 .

Hmmm.  The figures I saw quoted said that we made £158k and Falkirk £464k in prize money.  We actually made £15k more than Airdrie, apparently.

I'm concerned that these discrepancies could seriously affect your calculations when working out each individual club's transfer and wage budgets for next season.  It could even mean that some people may actually believe that you are talking nonsense when you go on... and on... about club budgets and how we just can't compete with others.  So let's be careful out there 😏

Of course if you go by prize money alone we don't have a cat in hell's chance of being able to challenge Hamilton next season, Falkirk should have the league wrapped up by Christmas and Elgin will scoosh League Two.

In other words, a club may have a relatively huge annual income when compared to their rivals but it matters not a jot if it's not spent wisely.  Just ask a Chelsea fan.  Or a Falkirk fan.

6 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Hmmm.  The figures I saw quoted said that we made £158k and Falkirk £464k in prize money.  We actually made £15k more than Airdrie, apparently.

I'm concerned that these discrepancies could seriously affect your calculations when working out each individual club's transfer and wage budgets for next season.  It could even mean that some people may actually believe that you are talking nonsense when you go on... and on... about club budgets and how we just can't compete with others.  So let's be careful out there 😏

Of course if you go by prize money alone we don't have a cat in hell's chance of being able to challenge Hamilton next season, Falkirk should have the league wrapped up by Christmas and Elgin will scoosh League Two.

In other words, a club may have a relatively huge annual income when compared to their rivals but it matters not a jot if it's not spent wisely.  Just ask a Chelsea fan.  Or a Falkirk fan.

And here was me thinking all along SD WAS the numbers MAN ?

Just now, annan4eva said:

And here was me thinking all along SD WAS the numbers MAN ?

SD is only in the know when it comes to QoS.  Greenacres has the gen on every club, everywhere, at every level.

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Could be Govan bound I guess, the cockney boy Beale would have known Dykes from his spell at QPR no doubt.

Hope he doesn’t end up at any of the ugly sisters. Wonder if he starts pulling out of Scotland squads if he rocks up there…

41 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Brilliant prize that’s very poorly advertised yet again. 

I think she put a cross in the "no publicity" box. Never let anyone in Thornhill know you've won money, your circle of friends will increase rapidly. 

Edit to add: SD has just blown that hasn't he. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Just a week to go until pre-season training begins then.  It certainly looks like it could be a small, intimate affair unless a few signings are announced this week.

Impatience GIFs | Tenor

7 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Just a week to go until pre-season training begins then.  It certainly looks like it could be a small, intimate affair unless a few signings are announced this week.

Impatience GIFs | Tenor

Remember if the few players we have pass a fitness test they get a bonus week off .

Hopefully players M.B. wants to stay sign extensions next week then he can start to add to the squad .

He is taking his time don't want to rush into it like Wullie did last season.

We want quality not quantity.

5 hours ago, JK_Queens said:

Colour me shocked. Queens voting the right way against a nonsense proposal for a conference league which would’ve effectively relegated over 200 clubs. 

What a relief. After the Rangers/Sevco/**** fiasco we have seen sense. Hopefully sufficient clubs are enlightened enough to do likewise. 

Just now, Jan mosniack said:

What a relief. After the Rangers/Sevco/**** fiasco we have seen sense. Hopefully sufficient clubs are enlightened enough to do likewise. 

That’s interesting and a wee bit concerning. The mods have seen fit to asterisk a word. Woke or whit?

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

Impatience GIFs | Tenor

This time last year we had signed up Reilly, Dave McKay, Max Currie, Quitongo, Stuart Morrison and Wilson for our assault on league one.

Given how most of those turned out I'm very happy to give MB some more time to get it right! 

7 hours ago, JK_Queens said:

Colour me shocked. Queens voting the right way against a nonsense proposal for a conference league which would’ve effectively relegated over 200 clubs. 

Well I certainly didn’t expect that. What a relief though.

30 minutes ago, Adamski said:

Well I certainly didn’t expect that. What a relief though.

Look at our statement compared to other teams, makes it look as though we were choking to vote for it but didn’t have the bottle for the back clash.

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Remember if the few players we have pass a fitness test they get a bonus week off .

Hopefully players M.B. wants to stay sign extensions next week then he can start to add to the squad .

Agree with that. It was a mess last year getting substandard players in with the hope that they would gel early. I like Marvs approach thinking about how he wants to play, filling the slots with young, fit, committed guys. In saying that I’m checking social channels 6 times a day for any signing news!!

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Agree with that. It was a mess last year getting substandard players in with the hope that they would gel early. I like Marvs approach thinking about how he wants to play, filling the slots with young, fit, committed guys. In saying that I’m checking social channels 6 times a day for any signing news!!