The Queen of the South thread

6 minutes ago, louisxiv said:

Any idea if the EK game is going to be home or away?

The answer is in the post you quoted! Well kinda anyway. I don't have any details of the EK friendly, I just heard we were playing them. It certainly won't be at home though as we don't currently have a pitch.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The answer is in the post you quoted! Well kinda anyway. I don't have any details of the EK friendly, I just heard we were playing them. It certainly won't be at home though as we don't currently have a pitch.

Duh. Missed that!

8 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Correct, I did - because it was largely written "tongue in cheek".  It's a fitba forum after all and not everything should be taken too literally, nor analysed to the nth degree, a wee touch of levity now and then helps ... at least that's my view.  Chill, bro, chill ...

Perfectly chilled Dear er...Bro (Not convinced I can pull that off).

It was just a bit daft to criticise our light hearted, exaggerated moaning about 'doonhammers ' because it was less important than Ukrainians being killed over breakfast.

Put in that context, we'd all have to stop posting our relatively meaningless drivel.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Perfectly chilled Dear er...Bro (Not convinced I can pull that off).

It was just a bit daft to criticise our light hearted, exaggerated moaning about 'doonhammers ' because it was less important than Ukrainians being killed over breakfast.

Put in that context, we'd all have to stop posting our relatively meaningless drivel.

Aye, I'll give you that one about Ukraine.  It was just a quick brain dump of very daft things that seemed more of a  pain than wrong spelling of doonhamers and Ukraine (one of my major worries) shouldn't have been in there.  You do tend to take things awfy serious at times though ...

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, certainly better that than nothing. For a few weeks post-season, apart from any re-signings, there's not much else going on. At least we're, mostly, a good natured bunch and can recognise an occasional gentle wind-up.

7 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

Lots of Livi players becoming available. I wonder if any are in MBs plans

Not hard to imagine that Bartley will be in touch with former clubs (and other close contacts) re any player availability - hence potential business with Hibs (already happened) and Livi.  Clearly, we won't be in with a shout of potential first team players at that level - or maybe ones that are falling out of favour, struggling to make a matchday squad etc.  More likely to be young talent that need game time at a decent level.

I'm still expecting a fairly quiet start to June with the likelihood that managers, players etc will be on leave just now.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently we've made an offer to Paton, he hasn't responded to the offer yet though

Livi or any club will have to pay a development fee for Paton.

Hopefully he stays with us to develop further  then make the step-up 

7 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Just now, SUPERSOUTH said:

Got to offer then we get development fee compo due to his age. 

Yeah we're going through the same thing with Schwake at the minute, he's on trial with Brighton and rejected terms with us. There was talk of 250k+ compensation for him which seems outrageous. 

I can't imagine we'll pay anything north of 30k for Paton (given we're constantly talking about cutting costs and he'll only be a backup to Anderson) if it comes to it, could be a stumbling block.  I think the number mentioned was around 60k per year depending on the facilities etc. By all accounts I think that sits Paton at 120k, we've done similar deals in the past where we negotiated a lower fee in order to include things like sell on fees, players on loan etc. 

I think the last player we signed of a similar profile albeit a little older was Kouider-Aissa and that didn't work out at all

14 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah we're going through the same thing with Schwake at the minute, he's on trial with Brighton and rejected terms with us. There was talk of 250k+ compensation for him which seems outrageous. 

I can't imagine we'll pay anything north of 30k for Paton (given we're constantly talking about cutting costs and he'll only be a backup to Anderson) if it comes to it, could be a stumbling block.  I think the number mentioned was around 60k per year depending on the facilities etc. By all accounts I think that sits Paton at 120k, we've done similar deals in the past where we negotiated a lower fee in order to include things like sell on fees, players on loan etc. 

I think the last player we signed of a similar profile albeit a little older was Kouider-Aissa and that didn't work out at all

The way the compensation system works within the SPFL and on cross border FIFA deals, particularly to the English Premiership, is VERY different. There's no point at all in trying to compare Schwake to Brighton to Paton to Livingston even assuming there's some truth in it.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Would imagine you’ll see us alright with a couple of loans or the like in exchange rather than coin possibly 

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Obileye (if fit) and Nouble please. 

Nouble apparently away in the summer sadly, there's an agency hawking him about on twitter. Posting about assisting him in his summer transfer.

Straight swap for Paton :D 

Edited by ATLIS

12 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Paton is going down to England to try his luck if any buying club can agree compensation with us. But that won't be high due to him only being with us 2 years. Probably about same we got for Fitzpatrick around 10k

5 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Paton is going down to England to try his luck if any buying club can agree compensation with us. But that won't be high due to him only being with us 2 years. Probably about same we got for Fitzpatrick around 10k

I could be wrong but does the compensation take into account the players performances as well? Big difference between Paton and Fitzpatrick in goals scored so can’t really compare the 2?