The Queen of the South thread

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm not sure what you're watching to be honest. Todd was the best player on the pitch in the first half.

Sorry but I don’t agree. Wilson, Paton and Brydon well ahead of him in tge first half. He my problem is how often he does well then the final pass goes to the opposition. Sorry but too inconsistent for me. I would challenge Marv to find us a better option next year. 

23 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Is Paton out of contract in the summer? Really hope we're looking at him.

Yes, unfortunately. I’d be shocked if he’s not away in the summer. Pretty sure we’ll be due a fee though (maybe not much) given Paton’s age. 

Looking pretty good value for the circa £5k we look to have paid Stranraer for him. 

Noticed he's been doing the old badge tap the last couple of away games after scoring. Something that usually annoys me as there's little loyalty in football. Would be great if it's his way of saying he's staying but I imagine it's more an appreciative "thanks for the memories" type gesture. 

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Kind of move that would make sense tbh. Yesterday was his best performance for a while, in that form he’s got the move up in him. I’m very critical of him, but yesterday I thought he was superb

5 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Aye, but he'll be looking for a big club ... lights touch paper and steps back ... 🫣😵‍💫

I just wonder if pushing the boat out and offering Paton a really good deal for another year would tempt him to stay. A promotion push next year with him, and some good support, would pay dividends for sure.

The summer is certainly going to be interesting. Not only as to whether or not we can keep Paton, but also in terms of who Marvin wants to bring to the club.

The elephant in the room of course will be that if we reach the playoffs, and perform well in the playoffs, then the vultures from above will start circling and take an interest in Marvin himself. Hope his contract is in our favour.

2 minutes ago, Dudleyghu said:

Noise up the road is MB is being lined up for Dundee Utd job and we’ll get a fair bit of compo

Now that would end a 48 year friendship with my Arab supporting best mate.

11 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

Sorry but I don’t agree. Wilson, Paton and Brydon well ahead of him in tge first half. He my problem is how often he does well then the final pass goes to the opposition. Sorry but too inconsistent for me. I would challenge Marv to find us a better option next year. 

Marv will not find any better than Todd he is a key player for us .

Hopefully Marv can keep a core of this year's squad together most difficult to keep will be Paton.