The Queen of the South thread

13 hours ago, Dudleyghu said:

McKenchie been a massive improvement but you would rather keep someone you’ve probably only seen play a couple of times or none at all. East as well, he’s the most reliable player in the team. Don’t agree with me if you dare I can’t force you to be right. 

Happy to disagree. McKechnie had a modest start to the season but has got better. Gibbo better and we need to up our player quality. Easy is a meh converted defender who was in the defence often earlier in the season when we shipped goals for fun. Another set piece headed goal in Saturday. We need to do better. 

11 hours ago, qos1990 said:

I believe MB took the 18s for a training session, grant Murray took the 16s and Marshall had the keepers. If true absolutely tremendous 

Great commitment and genuine interest in building the club up from good young players onwards. Well done to them. Class act

See that Chelsea have reappointed Lampard as their new manager today ... was worried they'd go for Manager of the Month Marvelous Marvin ... so that's a relief ... amarite? Aye? 😎

50 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

See that Chelsea have reappointed Lampard as their new manager today ... was worried they'd go for Manager of the Month Marvelous Marvin ... so that's a relief ... amarite? Aye? 😎

Sam Parkin works for Chelsea TV (in addition to the EFL Show and being Radio London's resident Chelsea expert) so maybe they just didn't want to put all their eggs in one basket and pack their staff full of men with experience at QOS.

Lampard though 🤣🤣🤣

22 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Sam Parkin works for Chelsea TV (in addition to the EFL Show and being Radio London's resident Chelsea expert) so maybe they just didn't want to put all their eggs in one basket and pack their staff full of men with experience at QOS.

Lampard though 🤣🤣🤣

Understandable really. 🙄

Whilst I was just having a wee bit of fun (I struggle taking life too seriously), on the subject of Chelsea ... ex QOS midfielder Billy Reid was assistant coach to Graham Potter until a few days ago ... small world and all that stuff, eh?

Edited by Otis Blue

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's Dobbie in caretaker charge of Blackpool for the remainder of the season. Hopefully he does well enough to get the job. 

He has a difficult job to keep them up they are 7 points adrift but if anyone can keep them up it is Dobbie best of luck to him.

3 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

He has a difficult job to keep them up they are 7 points adrift but if anyone can keep them up it is Dobbie best of luck to him.

Very popular ex-player at Pool too and has his development team playing decent football. Really hope this works out for all concerned! 

25 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's Dobbie in caretaker charge of Blackpool for the remainder of the season. Hopefully he does well enough to get the job. 

Aye good luck to Dobbs. Something of a free hit for him, in that he's inheriting someone else's squad in a dire position with few games left to turn it around. So he's nothing to lose really. That said, the English Championship is a really high standard at which to start. Hope it goes well.

Well I think I need to give Bartley credit he has turned is around in a very short space of time although today we did ride our luck incredibly. Dabrowski makes a huge difference if that was Currie we would have lost 4-2 today.  Impressed by Brydon and Logan. Hopefully he will sign for next year. Connelly a massive disappointment today and we'll you know how I feel about Murray. Why Todd is playing all the time is beyond me I really hope we do not extend his contract for next year.

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm not sure what you're watching to be honest. Todd was the best player on the pitch in the first half.

Yep I wasn't there today but I really don't get the negativity around Todd. 

All about opinions I guess but I'd be getting him signed up for next season. 

I like him as a player - don’t get the negativity although it’s not representative of the majority.Always tries to be positive, runs well with the ball, and compared to some others is a good contributor. 

There are a few other candidates that should be coming under a lot more negative scrutiny than Todd.

I think Todd’s been the best player across the three games v Airdrie, surprised to see him being criticised. I’d be delighted to have him in our midfield. 

A similar run-in to Alloa but Queens have to fancy their chances of making the play-offs after that result?

2 minutes ago, Mr November said:

A similar run-in to Alloa but Queens have to fancy their chances of making the play-offs after that result?

Aye, after a season of mediocrity there's finally a wee chink of light at the end of a long dark tunnel.

Trouble is with only 4 games left there's pretty well no margin for error now and a defeat in any of the 4 leaves us looking for snookers. Next up away to the Pars who may be trying to clinch the title that game ... 🫤

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, after a season of mediocrity there's finally a wee chink of light at the end of a long dark tunnel.

Trouble is with only 4 games left there's pretty well no margin for error now and a defeat in any of the 4 leaves us looking for snookers. Next up away to the Pars who may be trying to clinch the title that game ... 🫤

We have been playing Russian roulette for four or five weeks now. In all likelihood the loaded chamber will be selected next week. If it is, then fair enough.

However, I am encouraged that Marv will get us going right from the start next season. 

11 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

4 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

We have been playing Russian roulette for four or five weeks now. In all likelihood the loaded chamber will be selected next week. If it is, then fair enough.

I dont think we'll need 12 to get in. Unless we haul back 8 goals though we may well need 10. I dont think we absolutely have to beat Dunfermline. We certainly needed to win today though. 

12 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Well I think I need to give Bartley credit he has turned is around in a very short space of time although today we did ride our luck incredibly. Dabrowski makes a huge difference if that was Currie we would have lost 4-2 today.  Impressed by Brydon and Logan. Hopefully he will sign for next year. Connelly a massive disappointment today and we'll you know how I feel about Murray. Why Todd is playing all the time is beyond me I really hope we do not extend his contract for next year.

I think you are absolutely right.