The Queen of the South thread

3 hours ago, QoS99 said:

If it was up to me. Dabrowski, East, McKechnie, Cochrane, Connelly all get new deals.

Still unsure on Hendrie, Todd and Logan.

Would also offer Paton a new deal but he will obviously be away.

I do think we need to stop having summers of changing the complete squad. I wouldn’t want us to bin off the whole squad and start from scratch, try and maintain a solid foundation with our keeper and centre midfielders, and look for centre halfs and a few strikers in the summer.

What makes you think Paton is obviously away ? 

29 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

What makes you think Paton is obviously away ? 

His agent has been whoring him out on various platforms of social media all season clearly in the hope of getting him a better deal somewhere next season. Also, the fact he has scored over 20 goals in a side mid table at the age of 22 makes me think someone will take a punt on him.

4 hours ago, QoS99 said:

If it was up to me. Dabrowski, East, McKechnie, Cochrane, Connelly all get new deals.

I do think we need to stop having summers of changing the complete squad. I wouldn’t want us to bin off the whole squad and start from scratch, try and maintain a solid foundation with our keeper and centre midfielders, and look for centre halfs and a few strikers in the summer.

Would take Logan and Hendrie before east and Mckechnie on showings recently. No writing east off but think we need an experienced campaigner beside Brydon. Mckechnie is too powder puff for me but maybe be proven wrong in time.

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

Would take Logan and Hendrie before east and Mckechnie on showings recently. No writing east off but think we need an experienced campaigner beside Brydon. Mckechnie is too powder puff for me but maybe be proven wrong in time.

Agree with that. Wouldn’t keep East and McKechnie too inconsistent for me. Keep Muir too and the guys in existing contracts apart from Gav if we could get rid. Paton for sure but looks doubtful. Rest get rid

3 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Agree with that. Wouldn’t keep East and McKechnie too inconsistent for me. Keep Muir too and the guys in existing contracts apart from Gav if we could get rid. Paton for sure but looks doubtful. Rest get rid

I take it Lewis is still contracted? 

Lewis, McKay, Brydon and Reilly all under contract. Wilson can leave if we are not promoted as that was the trigger for his 2nd year. I would keep Logan as he looks promising. East but not as out first choice CB. Mckechnie I would keep as could use as an impact sub. Dabrowski will get higher offers but you never know. Agree with everyone else Paton is off as he is being whored round social media by his agents. But the good thing we will be due some development fee for him as only 22 👍. Cochrane is one who definitely got better under Bartley but was then dropped by again under 23. 

1 hour ago, Manwithnoball said:

Wilson can leave if we are not promoted as that was the trigger for his 2nd year.

Didn't know that about Wilson's contract.  All the more reason for trying to keep hold of Cochrane if that's the case.

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Well done Marvin Bartley (and the team) on winning the Manager of the Month Award. 

Hope the winners jinx doesn't happen though. 

I know they didn't announce it publicly till yesterday but he got it last week, before the Peterhead game.

37 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I know they didn't announce it publicly till yesterday but he got it last week, before the Peterhead game.

Aye, thought that going by the picture in the Standard. Think first heard of it was on Border Lookaround (surprise surprise) last night. 

22 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Was the Paton to St Johnstone a rumour that circulated and found it's way into the media or was there any legitimate interest there? He's been knocking them in for fun, can score different types of goals. Might be happy staying in L1 for another season knowing that QoS will put in a strong challenge for promotion under Bartley next season. Still a chance you might sneak into the playoffs. A few tough away games in the last 6 but with 4 wins in the last 5 you have momentum

Will definitely have been a few Championship clubs enquiring about him. Normally by this stage someone knows if a PCA has been agreed.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Was the Paton to St Johnstone a rumour that circulated and found it's way into the media or was there any legitimate interest there? He's been knocking them in for fun, can score different types of goals. Might be happy staying in L1 for another season knowing that QoS will put in a strong challenge for promotion under Bartley next season. Still a chance you might sneak into the playoffs. A few tough away games in the last 6 but with 4 wins in the last 5 you have momentum

Will definitely have been a few Championship clubs enquiring about him. Normally by this stage someone knows if a PCA has been agreed.

Indeed. I don't think another year with us would do him any harm. MB clearly rates him and if he's scoring goals in a poor side then he will surely continue that with a better* group alongside him. Clark banged them in for us in L1 and got a dream move away. If he has another cracking season then even more teams will be lining up. I get the impression Paton has plenty of confidence in his own abilities so I doubt this season's scoring was a fluke and he'll likely be trying to better it next. 

I think St Johnstone is too big a step for him at this point tbh and if he is to move then a Championship side would be the best option. 

Hopefully we keep hold of him next season. 

*Hopefully!

On 03/04/2023 at 18:59, HighlandQueen said:

McKenchie been a massive improvement but you would rather keep someone you’ve probably only seen play a couple of times or none at all. East as well, he’s the most reliable player in the team. Don’t agree with me if you dare I can’t force you to be right. 

6 hours ago, jakeyman said:

Good to see Stuart Morrison getting a start for the reserves after his injury problems this season.

Aye a good 45 minutes today. Was hooked at HT. Hopefully intended rather than him picking up another injury. He got through the half fine. Though the opposition wasn't great. 2-0 QoS in the end with two first half goals; Irving and McMahon the scorers. Pretty scrappy second half but Queens saw it out comfortably. 

Ruth, Irving, Muir, Johnstone, Burns, Morrison, Botterill and McMahon featured from the 'First team'. I thought Muir was probably the best of the bunch. He played a kamikaze pass in the first half but other than that did fine at CB. Very vocal player as well. 

Ruth played a very good pass for one of the goals but other than that I thought he was absolutely honking. If he features for us again it'll be too soon. A dreadful player. 

Good to see Bartley and Murray in attendance again. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye a good 45 minutes today. Was hooked at HT. Hopefully intended rather than him picking up another injury. He got through the half fine. Though the opposition wasn't great. 2-0 QoS in the end with two first half goals; Irving and McMahon the scorers. Pretty scrappy second half but Queens saw it out comfortably. 

Ruth, Irving, Muir, Johnstone, Burns, Morrison, Botterill and McMahon featured from the 'First team'. I thought Muir was probably the best of the bunch. He played a kamikaze pass in the first half but other than that did fine at CB. Very vocal player as well. 

Ruth played a very good pass for one of the goals but other than that I thought he was absolutely honking. If he features for us again it'll be too soon. A dreadful player. 

Good to see Bartley and Murray in attendance again. 

I believe MB took the 18s for a training session, grant Murray took the 16s and Marshall had the keepers. If true absolutely tremendous 

22 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

I believe MB took the 18s for a training session, grant Murray took the 16s and Marshall had the keepers. If true absolutely tremendous 

Aye quite possibly. The bench was full of folk so Marshall was probably there and the 18s and 16s were in the stands from the start of the game. 

If nothing else, MB seems to be bringing a good bit of professionalism to the club.