The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, queenslad said:

surprised we only had one shot on target today according to bbc, i thought we had more?

BBC in being wrong shocker. Their stats are always pish. I can mind 4 on target off the top of my head. 

48 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Not a sizeable crowd considering Falkirk always take a good support

Falkirk had somewhere between 330 and 400 there today I'd say. They bought 330 odd online tickets. I assume at least some bought locally at the ticket office but looked less than 400 which was a little lower than I'd expected given their current run.

34 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Poor season, meaningless game etc etc doesn’t exactly attract the floating fan.

Live Scotland rugby always knocks our crowds back by 100 or so too. 

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just been sent this. 

Hopefully he was intending to go after today and it's nothing more than that. I thought he could be a bit slow with subs etc. at times but the guy has been the voice of Palmerston ever since I was a wee one. It'll be strange not hearing him. All the best if you read this page, Alex. 

IMG-20230318-WA0013.jpg

The Chairman certainly didn't look impressed with what Alec said over the tannoy.

The tannoy announcer should only announce goals, subs during the game.

Well done Alex on yer 30 years 🎤👍

20 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Falkirk had somewhere between 330 and 400 there today I'd say. They bought 330 odd online tickets. I assume at least some bought locally at the ticket office but looked less than 400 which was a little lower than I'd expected given their current run.

I was expecting more too, but I suppose their league season is in a similar position to ours, in that they're pretty much guaranteed to be in the play-offs in the same way that we're guaranteed to sit in that meaningless no-man's land..  Final position matters, but they're neither winning the league or dropping out altogether, so with definite big games to come in both competitions, it's maybe no surprise that plenty chose not to make one of their longer trips.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I was expecting more too, but I suppose their league season is in a similar position to ours, in that they're pretty much guaranteed to be in the play-offs.  Final position matters, but they're neither winning the league or dropping out altogether, so with definite big games to come in both competitions, it's maybe no surprise that plenty chose not to make one of their longer trips.

Yes, definitely think they'd have brought more if they hadnt lost at Dunfermline last week and still retained a hope of the title.

Plus a Hampden semi final is something to save cash for now rather than a trip to Dumfries. It wasnt a criticism, 350 odd or whatever it was is still very good. 

29 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Live Scotland rugby always knocks our crowds back by 100 or so too. 

Queens will have the technology to have exact away figures yeh ? 

1 minute ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Queens will have the technology to have exact away figures yeh ? 

Not while selling paper tickets on the day, no. 

Well we could if we still used the turnstile meters, but we dont and havent done since we went digital at the start of the season.

Having a wee look back at our results. Yesterday was the first time since August 2017 we've managed two home league wins in a row. 

Aug/Sep 2016 was the last time we managed 3 in a row. Falkirk being one of them back then as well funnily enough. Hopefully match it against Peterhead. 

22 hours ago, Fitbafollower said:

Not a sizeable crowd considering Falkirk always take a good support

are the Qos supporters falling away 

probably should be a part time club going forward?

And it's perfectly understandable. We've had 4 or 5 seasons of playing utter garbage nigh on every single game. It's no wonder the home support has dwindled. 

I just hope everyone's thinking on the lines of fresh start next season and will come back on board.

Without searching, who's taking over from Alex ? 

It's going to be strange not hearing his voice. He was practically part of the fixtures and fittings.

What's happened to Dougie the doonhammer as well? Seems to have changed body shape. 

Edited by Kunter

2 hours ago, Kunter said:

Without searching, who's taking over from Alex ? 

It's going to be strange not hearing his voice. He was practically part of the fixtures and fittings.

What's happened to Dougie the doonhammer as well? Seems to have changed body shape. 

Let’s hope it’s not the female announcer who helped out earlier in the season as she was absolutely hopeless. Queens will need to get someone in who actually knows their football. Alex won’t be easy to replace. 

34 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Let’s hope it’s not the female announcer who helped out earlier in the season as she was absolutely hopeless. Queens will need to get someone in who actually knows their football. Alex won’t be easy to replace. 

Bit harsh on the female announcer there considering she probably stepped in at the last minute with little or no practice. I don't really think playing a few tunes, reading out  teams, birthdays, half times scores, etc, means the announcer necessarily needs  to have a good knowledge of football.

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

11 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Bit harsh on the female announcer there considering she probably stepped in at the last minute with little or no practice. I don't really think playing a few tunes, reading out  teams, birthdays, half times scores, etc, means the announcer necessarily needs  to have a good knowledge of football.

Thought the tunes that day were better tbf

14 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Going back a few years now, but I think it was East Fife who had a female announcer, and I thought she was very good, very clear.  As has been said by others, a detailed knowledge of the game isn't a requirement for the announcer - clear and confident communicator is what's needed.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Going back a few years now, but I think it was East Fife who had a female announcer, and I thought she was very good, very clear.  As has been said by others, a detailed knowledge of the game isn't a requirement for the announcer - clear and confident communicator is what's needed.

It would certainly help with a better tannoy speaker system in place for next season. The current set up its pretty poor to say the least. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

On 20/03/2023 at 14:26, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

He was away for ages too. Poor Dug had a tough lockdown. Too many treats. 

🤣🤣🤣. I borrowed the costume once for a laugh. Poor Dougie also suffered from some severe personal hygiene issues. I hope they have replaced the suit…