The Queen of the South thread

Well everyone believes that Bartley will be a good manager one day. But has to prove it with results. As I said in previous posts he identified our problem positions and brought people in. But all the same mistakes happening form some of the new players as well. 

Again Murray was a total  waste a of a jersey but again gives him 65 minutes as he was against Hamilton. 

Yes individual errors cost us again as it did for WG. Hy did Brydon not just tackle their forward when he had the chance. Harsh penalty bit it did not his arm. 

I'm sorry I know we all enjoyed Ross scoring his first goal but he is not the answer at all in my opinion.

Kabia looked okay in first half but he has to up his work rate. 

People say on here they think Todd plays well every week. I honestly believe he has been below average for a long time. 

Then again most of our players are below average I guess. If this is them ayong for their own futures then as someone else said they better start looking for a new profession.

I can't believe how some claim they haven't seen a improvement since Bartley's taken over.  We've looked miles more professional and fitter. 

Today's result was a complete shocker. Who honestly was predicting that ? 1 nil defeat always possible but a hammering especially after a week off, no chance! 

Fingers always get pointed at the defence but for all the possession we have in games we don't create enough chances. 

5 hours ago, Broony88 said:

How is Murray getting this much game time ? 

5 hours ago, Riviera711 said:

I think that he'll be one of those players who will look good in training.

Nail on the head. Speaking to someone today who had asked Ian McCall the same question not long ago when he was down visiting his mum and McCall said exactly this. Great in training, shite in practice. 

5 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Not sure what you wanted Marvin to say really.  He was stuck with what he'd got for this season.  He could hardly come out and say "they're all shite" and "not good enough" as they would then have downed tools big time for the rest of the season.  He had to be positive and try to motivate what he had.  His big challenge was always going to be the re-build for next season.

Ignore him and he'll hopefully go away. 

4 hours ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

See the Kelty thread, also Greenacres and dudleyghu in this thread. Usual suspects I suppose.

They're the two biggest weapons who frequent our threads. Whatever they say you can generally the believe the opposite to be the truth. 

Edited by 19QOS19

3 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Well everyone believes that Bartley will be a good manager one day. But has to prove it with results. As I said in previous posts he identified our problem positions and brought people in. But all the same mistakes happening form some of the new players as well. 

Again Murray was a total  waste a of a jersey but again gives him 65 minutes as he was against Hamilton. 

Yes individual errors cost us again as it did for WG. Hy did Brydon not just tackle their forward when he had the chance. Harsh penalty bit it did not his arm. 

I'm sorry I know we all enjoyed Ross scoring his first goal but he is not the answer at all in my opinion.

Kabia looked okay in first half but he has to up his work rate. 

People say on here they think Todd plays well every week. I honestly believe he has been below average for a long time. 

Then again most of our players are below average I guess. If this is them ayong for their own futures then as someone else said they better start looking for a new profession.

Reilly should of been in that 18 man squad today ahead of Ruth & Irving IMO….. 

3 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Reilly should of been in that 18 man squad today ahead of Ruth & Irving IMO….. 

Totally agree we need that experience as well. Irving and Ruth are  not good enough to give us what we need just now. Do them both a favour and loan them out. Go with Paton, Kabia, Connelly and Reilly 

1 hour ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Because better and more experienced than the other two mentioned imo. 

I don't think Irving is the answer tbh and Ruth looks pretty shite to me. But Reilly can have no complaints. Unlike the other two, he's had a good run of games this season and has been shite for the majority of them. 

Looking on I can’t see players reacting well to that interview. He is going to lose players quickly being so damning in public. I am sure Queens fans will be happy to lose a good few of these but that is not the way to go about things IMO. 

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Read that as living which would be a slightly OTT reaction 

^^^ Didn't see our second half performance yesterday. Death would have been less painful. 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Looking on I can’t see players reacting well to that interview. He is going to lose players quickly being so damning in public. I am sure Queens fans will be happy to lose a good few of these but that is not the way to go about things IMO. 

The 'there there' approach hasn't worked for years so I'm all for giving this approach a try. I don't think he said anything that was harsh or inaccurate tbh. Footballers are far too precious at times so I'm happy for someone to put them in their place. I think Bartley seems he'll be as equally outspoken with his praise when the time comes tbh. 

On 15/01/2023 at 12:38, Broony88 said:

What a nonsense post from Back Post. Great interview from Marv. What we have needed for years instead of the namby pamby coddling we have given the players. We are going down we aren’t going up so suck it up. See who is any good and wants to play for him, keep them and bin the rest. 

I like the fact he apologised to the fans. I didn’t have a very fun afternoon sitting in that stadium with a lot of home fans ribbing us in the latter stages of that game. We were awful. 

He is right once they cross the white line it’s up to the players and hardly one of them worked hard, put their body on the line or looked like they wanted another contract. No fight, bullied, couldn’t be bothered. He was right to be furious. They need a wake up call not a cuddle. Gibson did the latter and where did it get us.

On the Reilly point I agree that on his day, in his first spell with Queens, he was miles better than Ruth or Irving will ever be but this season he has been rank rotten. He has lost all his pace, looks like he is going through the motions, has not had one good game and hardly scored. I’m also a bit suspicious that h, McKenna and Quitongo may have been dropped for being rebellious and un cooperative as well as crap. I know on paper he isn’t as good but I would rather give players like Irving, McMahon and Muir a chance over players like Connor Murray (the ghost). I still think we have better players ( see below) but if they don’t look interested bench the regulars. 

We don’t have a lot of options and despite the above fitness providing my team got me for Dunfermline. Good old fashioned 433

Dubrowski

Logan Brydon East Hendrie

Gibson Cochrane Wilson 

Kabia Paton Connolly

if they shirk after this get the kids in. 

i will be there and at least now with a manager like this who wants to be a winner I feel like attending. At the end of the WG era there were a couple of matches I just didn’t want to go. 

At least now we have hope. The only bit of yesterday I enjoyed was Marvin’s interview. He is dead right and I hope the players man up now. They owe us one….

Agree on Marvin's interview. Nothing there to moan about. Seems to me that a bit of fear needs to be instilled into some of these guys. If I performed as badly at work I would expect a rocket and eventually booted if I didn't pick up my game. The only thing I do disagree with is him stating nothing wrong with their attitude. To me that is what is wrong. If they came with the attitude of putting in a shift and working hard they probably wouldn't get beaten as much.

Just watched Marvin's interview.  Can't fault any of it really.  Professional football is a harsh game, the players know that.  Players might fail through ultimately not being good enough, but they mustn't fail through not giving their all in a game or not doing what their manager asks of them.  Can you imagine the reaction of a Sean Dyche, Pep, big Jurgen or Ange whatsisname post match to that sort of effort - it wouldn't exactly be arm round the shoulders cuddly toy time would it?

Marvin will lose his job next season if the squad he builds in the summer doesn't perform.  He knows this, that's the tough world of managing in professional football that's his chosen career.  So he has to demand maximum effort from his players every game as his job is on the line.  Getting anything positive out of this lot from now to the season end will be a bloody bonus though.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I get what you're saying here @BPM, there is a risk that the players down tools for him.  But what else does he do?  The players now know how pissed off he is with that performance and what the standards are expected of them - and I'm sure he made it plain to them in the dressing room before that interview.

As a Bairns fan I'm sure you're well acquainted (over the last few seasons) with the experience of watching dross failing to perform.  Not being good enough is one thing, but not putting in a shift is unacceptable when fans are travelling miles and spending good money (in hard times) to watch you.  I'm sure that the Bairns fans more than made their feelings known in similar circumstances in recent seasons.

Glad I never travelled through after the result yesterday. Surprised by the lack of effort that others have commented on though. I thought against Hamilton despite us losing the game, we gave absolutely everything. We just need a complete reset and completely change the squad this summer. 

Commented on this before, but if Connelly wasn’t injured than the reason he isn’t in the squad must be his attitude. Remember watching him and Rico doing a warm up at half time against Clyde away earlier in season and both their attitudes was coming across as absolutely stinking.