The Queen of the South thread

7 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Thought the trialist did OK in the middle of the park, 

Aye? I thought he was ok for reserve level but if he's been brought in to be a first teamer then I'd be concerned. Nowhere near as good as McGrory but looks a similar type of player. Heard someone say he's just back from USA so perhaps not 100% rested. Shea Scally apparently. 

19 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Where does one find a fixture list for Reserve games, can't see anything on OS but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Who manages the Reserve side this season? 

The theoretical fixture list for Reserve League and Cup is on the SPFL website. Games are often moved or postponed at short notice though so we dont carry it on the site. This game for instance was postponed on matchday 2 weeks ago which is why we've played twice this week.

Dan Armstrong generally in charge, certainly this last month or two. He takes training. Wullie Gibson was involved matchdays before he left and Marvin Bartley's been involved in the midweek ones since being appointed. He obviously wasnt at Caley Braves on saturday though.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye? I thought he was ok for reserve level but if he's been brought in to be a first teamer then I'd be concerned. Nowhere near as good as McGrory but looks a similar type of player. Heard someone say he's just back from USA so perhaps not 100% rested. Shea Scally apparently. 

Maybe one for next season certainly passed the ball about and got stuck in as you say maybe lack of gametime/training but was OK. 

Bartley has been at last 3 reserve games. 

@Skyline Drifter does the Proxy form need to be sent via the post, or can it be emailed (a scanned copy with signature etc) to the Club? 20th Feb is 17 days away but god knows how slow post from Australia to UK is these days.

Scratch that I just read the Notes! "...It may also be scanned and emailed directly to shares@qosfc .com👍

Edited by Swarley

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I see reports that Lyndon Dykes is in hospital, unspecified reason but  doesn't sound football related going by QPR statement. 

Pneumonia.

You're a little behind. As a club we had social media messages wishing him all the best last weekend. There's been stuff across Facebook all week also.

25 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Pneumonia.

You're a little behind. As a club we had social media messages wishing him all the best last weekend. There's been stuff across Facebook all week also.

I don't do Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp or owt like that so being a little behind isn't a new thing for me. 

8 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Who was the number 8 playing for the reserves last night that has  apparently signed  also ? ?? 

Shea Scally played as a trialist last night just back from America. 

_20230203_124235.JPG

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

13 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Who was the number 8 playing for the reserves last night that has  apparently signed  also ? ?? 

Nowhere near good enough for the first time based on last night's performance. 

Happy with Logan. Another nail in McKenna's coffin as well. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Nowhere near good enough for the first time based on last night's performance. 

Happy with Logan. Another nail in McKenna's coffin as well. 

Thought he played OK last night considering he not played since end of November, potential there maybe for next season.