The Queen of the South thread

Had a really good loan spell at Bamber Bridge in the northern premier league, scored quite a few. Two subsequent loans elsewhere didn’t work out quite as well, one though was around a change in management just after he was signed. 

Will definitely offer something different. Seems to have been around forever down here because at youth level he was always playing a year or two above his age bracket. Has already got a season’s experience at open age level so not too much of a risk. 

3 hours ago, JK_Queens said:

People crying out for a target man seem to have got it with the new signing, Ewan Bange. Nice to have another option. 

Sir Stephen still doing Queens favours, some guy. 

Hopefully Ewan gives us some more oomph up front but also hopefully not a return to hoofball punts up the park.

You've just gotta love that man Dobbie - what a guy!

3 hours ago, FyldeCoastDoonhamer said:

Potentially a very good signing, he’s the big centre forward but one that can play a little and score goals. 
Needs game time so probably in everyone’s interests. I think we’ve been done a massive favour here and hope it works out. 

So, FyldeCoastDoonhamer ... your first name wouldn't happen to be Stephen by any chance?  Just wonderin' like ... 🙂

Just got round to looking at P and B after Tuesday night.

First of all, don't know if anyone else has the same view, but, that was my first of my 7 visits to Aye Brokes that we weren't abused. It may be that the wee neds who usually sit over to our left didn't bother coming as, of course, everyone has to pay, so there are 'bigger fish' for them to abuse than us.

I walked from the city to the ground, and back after without fearing for my life.

I actually started chatting to 2 girls on the way back, who had blue and white scarves on(no red) and mistakenly assumed they were Queens fans, until I realised. Doh!!!

Further along another girl was shouting(at around 1030pm) 'are Queens winning yet'. Told her we lost, asked if she was a Queens fan, 'No, I'm a Celtic fan'. She was rather the worse for wear!!

I would also add that the 3-1 defeat was the biggest defeat I have seen there, fortunately I was on holiday for the 5-0 defeat or I would doubtless have been in attendance. 

For this game I hummed and hawed a bit before deciding to go, just because of previous fan related experiences, but I'm really glad I went and I thought we played really well, and what a goal.

Someone mentioned earlier about Sir Stephen scoring 42 goals 3 seasons ago, of course the figure was 43!!!

Noticed the year 1872 got a lot of mentions everywhere around the ground. What would the significance of this number be for a club formed in 2012?

Finally, unless we get drawn to play the rangers at Aye Brokes again, I suspect it will probably be my last game there.

Looking forward to the Pars game on Saturday and hopefully we can continue our excellent form.

3 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

That’s it confirmed that Ritchie has been recalled by Aberdeen and immediately sent on loan to Peterhead. Aberdeen not happy about his chances of game time with us. 

Our Dundee United loanee, Jack Newman has been recalled by Utd so will definitely get game time with us.

2 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

That’s it confirmed that Ritchie has been recalled by Aberdeen and immediately sent on loan to Peterhead. Aberdeen not happy about his chances of game time with us. 

Strange. Unless  of course there was an agreement for a guaranteed amount of games.

The fact that he has been immediately farmed out to Peterhead suggests Aberdeen had been thinking about this for a while.

It would have been nice had they done so a week or two ago, to give us time to get some cover. 

3 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Strange. Unless  of course there was an agreement for a guaranteed amount of games.

The fact that he has been immediately farmed out to Peterhead suggests Aberdeen had been thinking about this for a while.

It would have been nice had they done so a week or two ago, to give us time to get some cover. 

Not really. Ritchie was supposed to come to us at the start of the season but then we got drawn with Aberdeen in the League Cup and it was cancelled.

We then got Newman from Utd but he got recalled for Utd's game against Livi leaving us without a keeper so couldn't have happened earlier.