The Queen of the South thread

13 minutes ago, louisxiv said:

Apologies if I’ve missed something but is the strip we wore at Elgin the new one for season 22/23? I recall talk of it not being ready until the end of July. What with the logos and all I’m assuming this is the new one, and not a temporary solution. If so, then it’s a belter. Exactly what a queens strip should look like imho. If they can show similar restraint on the 2nd (and 3rd?) strips we’ll look the part this season. 

As far as I know, the strip we wore at Elgin is as close as makes any difference to the strip for the season. The dates quoted for when the strip is available is usually for the retail stock not the playing squad kit.

The 2nd strip was voted by the fans, so we're all to blame if its a stinker :lol: 

8 minutes ago, louisxiv said:

Apologies if I’ve missed something but is the strip we wore at Elgin the new one for season 22/23? I recall talk of it not being ready until the end of July. What with the logos and all I’m assuming this is the new one, and not a temporary solution. If so, then it’s a belter. Exactly what a queens strip should look like imho. If they can show similar restraint on the 2nd (and 3rd?) strips we’ll look the part this season. 

No, it was a temporary one, albeit it's not that different. The collar's slightly different and the sponsors / badges were applied differently. Outfield anyway, it was the actual goalkeeper kit.

The proper 1st team 1st and 2nd kits have now arrived but it's likely we'll still be wearing the temporary one on Saturday as due to staff holidays the new ones haven't been printed up with names and numbers yet.  Retail kit hasn't arrived yet but hopefully it's not too far away now if the team kit is here. The 2nd kit is an absolute thing of beauty and much better in person than it looked at design stage. I predict it will be a big hit.

Guest Flash
53 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No, it was a temporary one, albeit it's not that different. The collar's slightly different and the sponsors / badges were applied differently. Outfield anyway, it was the actual goalkeeper kit.

The proper 1st team 1st and 2nd kits have now arrived but it's likely we'll still be wearing the temporary one on Saturday as due to staff holidays the new ones haven't been printed up with names and numbers yet.  Retail kit hasn't arrived yet but hopefully it's not too far away now if the team kit is here. The 2nd kit is an absolute thing of beauty and much better in person than it looked at design stage. I predict it will be a big hit.

Not that it matters but could they play in the new kits with just the numbers if there was enough time to put them on? I don’t think you need to have the names on shirts In League 1? Or, if you’ve submitted a design to the SPFL does that include the names?
Eta I get that the names and numbers will be added at the same time. Just asking out of interest.

Edited by Flash

9 minutes ago, Flash said:

Not that it matters but could they play in the new kits with just the numbers if there was enough time to put them on? I don’t think you need to have the names on shirts In League 1? Or, if you’ve submitted a design to the SPFL does that include the names?
Eta I get that the names and numbers will be added at the same time. Just asking out of interest.

You could play without names. And you don't need squad numbers in League 1 either for that matter, though we're choosing to use them which is permitted. We could just number 1-11 plus 9 sub shirts and send the players out in them and worry about names and squad number specifics later. Albeit that would screw up the fact that not all players want the same size shirt (Ciaran McKenna's not wearing the same size as Lee Connelly).

All academic when there is a very similar perfectly usable kit in hand we've been using for the League Cup.

24 minutes ago, Flash said:

We use squad numbers but no player names on jerseys. Just up to the club(s) really.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You could play without names. And you don't need squad numbers in League 1 either for that matter, though we're choosing to use them which is permitted. We could just number 1-11 plus 9 sub shirts and send the players out in them and worry about names and squad number specifics later. Albeit that would screw up the fact that not all players want the same size shirt (Ciaran McKenna's not wearing the same size as Lee Connelly).

All academic when there is a very similar perfectly usable kit in hand we've been using for the League Cup.

Those were the days.

3 hours ago, Flash said:

Those were the days.

Ah, such simple times ....

7 - outside right

8 - inside right

9  -centre forward

10 - inside left

11 - outside left

... OK, OK I'll feck off now ... 🫤

19 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

What's not to like ... Stephen's gradually building up his coaching experience. We may yet see him back at Palmy yet ... maybe in his first full managerial role .... maybe as Gibson's successor (when he takes over from J Klopp esquire, after leading Queens to the Champions League group stages ... obviously ...)

Bloody brilliant these mushrooms by the way ...

On 28/07/2022 at 10:19, Skyline Drifter said:

Still shows how unprofessional we are off the pitch when we allow staff holidays the week before the season starting, surely staff should be taking leave when we are quiet and when season has finished? would happen in most other work football clubs

Still shows how unprofessional we are off the pitch when we allow staff holidays the week before the season starting, surely staff should be taking leave when we are quiet and when season has finished? would happen in most other work football clubs
Bit harsh. It's the summer holidays and folk might want to enjoy the weather/spend time with their kids while they're off.

Worked for a joke of a company in my last post who said we couldn't take certain weeks off and thought it was farcical.

7 hours ago, the tactician said:

Don't be daft.

Staff should have that sort of freedom.  

Spotted a few volunteers painting the blue doors on Terregles Street this week. Well done folks 
I thought they looked painted. I was coming out of Victoria Ave and saw them quickly. Looked a lot better from the brief look. Good to see. Shouldn't be a volunteers job but well done to those involved.

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:
Spotted a few volunteers painting the blue doors on Terregles Street this week. Well done folks 

I thought they looked painted. I was coming out of Victoria Ave and saw them quickly. Looked a lot better from the brief look. Good to see. Shouldn't be a volunteers job but well done to those involved.

Only so much one groundsman can do. Whatever happened to the young lad that joined the grounds team last year ? Never been seen or heard of since. 

Well done to the painters.

I see the gate that opens onto the road immediately behind the covered terracing has come off its hinges.   It happened about a week ago but I'm surprised to see it still just lying there.  They'd been keeping that gate locked since the first lockdown.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well done to the painters.

I see the gate that opens onto the road immediately behind the covered terracing has come off its hinges.   It happened about a week ago but I'm surprised to see it still just lying there.  They'd been keeping that gate locked since the first lockdown.

Good effort. 

Has the sign been changed though?

Edited by JK_Queens