The Queen of the South thread

5 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

When did we last progress beyond the LC group stage?  Memory's letting me down here - I can remember watching a LC quarter final v R*ngers but that was in the previous century ...

It was six years ago.

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

2018 when we were runners up to Motherwell with 9 points and a +7 GD. We lost 4-2 to St Johnstone in extra time in the last 16.

We also got through the group stage in 2016 as a 9 pt runner up to Partick Thistle, then beat Hibs in the last 16 and lost to Rangers in the Q-F at Ibrox.

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

We just signed some guy called Dobbie before the Hibs game.

He was a sub but came on and scored he  ended up a very good signing.

A young forward Dykes got a goal as well .

Cheers guys - what a bloody state my memory is ... what's even worse is that I was at the Rangers Q-F at Ibrox in 2016 where we got humped 5-0.

I was being lazy again, but I had this perception that we hardly ever progress from the LC group stage.

Edited by Otis Blue

3 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Would like to see a weekly update from club either on Twitter or YouTube just to keep the communication going during the season

Or maybe just use the Club's Official website where these things should be found.

I reckon with one game tomorrow we are 3rd best runner up. So as long as Aberdeen best Raith either outright or on pens. Thanks to Dunfermline and Queens Park losing on pens. Hope I’ve not miscalculated 

2 minutes ago, jakeyman said:

I reckon with one game tomorrow we are 3rd best runner up. So as long as Aberdeen best Raith either outright or on pens. Thanks to Dunfermline and Queens Park losing on pens. Hope I’ve not miscalculated 

Yep thats right

Glad they upped the tempo and got the job done today. Don't understand why they take their foot off the pedal though. Go for the jugular and get teams buried if you're on top. A clean sheet and a solid enough performance with plenty of players getting game time. Can't argue with that. 

Todd and Paton both walked off with their injuries so hopefully just precaution. The real stuff starts next week where we have to be looking for a good win to get us rolling. 

37 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Glad they upped the tempo and got the job done today. Don't understand why they take their foot off the pedal though. Go for the jugular and get teams buried if you're on top. A clean sheet and a solid enough performance with plenty of players getting game time. Can't argue with that. 

Todd and Paton both walked off with their injuries so hopefully just precaution. The real stuff starts next week where we have to be looking for a good win to get us rolling. 

Walked off limping both players signaled straight away they could not continue . 

We could have 5 key players out for the big kick off huge worry .

On today's game 1st half a bit lacklustre. We really played well just after half-time could and should have scored more goals .

WG has to play thought when he went off and Paton we took our foot off the gas and just played out time .

Amazed we still have a chance but it is a stick on Raith draw and win  on pens Aberdeen nothing to play for .

All last games in the groups should be played at the same day and time. 

Reports Todd left stadium in a moon boot. Hoping Paton was precautionary, he’s played a lot of football and looked knackered. Reilly hoping to be back for Montrose, no idea about Ruth and Wilson. Fact Todd left in a moon boot makes me think already it could be a while. Hopefully a couple of players to be added this week.

One doing rounds is Bosun Lawal from Celtic, after a few team mates commented QoS on an Instagram post of his. He was in there first team squads over preseason but out today and wasn’t in b squad either. 

Really need to get off to a flyer, don’t want to be chasing our tails after game week one. 

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

Reports Todd left stadium in a moon boot. Hoping Paton was precautionary, he’s played a lot of football and looked knackered. Reilly hoping to be back for Montrose, no idea about Ruth and Wilson. Fact Todd left in a moon boot makes me think already it could be a while. Hopefully a couple of players to be added this week.

One doing rounds is Bosun Lawal from Celtic, after a few team mates commented QoS on an Instagram post of his. He was in there first team squads over preseason but out today and wasn’t in b squad either. 

Really need to get off to a flyer, don’t want to be chasing our tails after game week one. 

I would be surprised if we add anyone this week but I suppose all depends on how bad all these injuries are.

I have never seen so many injuries before we even start the League season .

We can't expect the young boys to carry us through till our injuries clear up

21 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

I would be surprised if we add anyone this week but I suppose all depends on how bad all these injuries are.

I have never seen so many injuries before we even start the League season .

We can't expect the young boys to carry us through till our injuries clear up

Why? Gibson has said he wants to add a couple 

Walked off limping both players signaled straight away they could not continue . 
We could have 5 key players out for the big kick off huge worry .
On today's game 1st half a bit lacklustre. We really played well just after half-time could and should have scored more goals .
WG has to play thought when he went off and Paton we took our foot off the gas and just played out time .
Amazed we still have a chance but it is a stick on Raith draw and win  on pens Aberdeen nothing to play for .
All last games in the groups should be played at the same day and time. 

Aberdeen everything to play for.