The Queen of the South thread

Just now, FrankReynolds said:

Can you get a plastic card for U16s? Or not because they’re free? Asking because I have my season ticket QR code on my phone as well as three under 16s who are 4, 6 and 9 years old and it’s a bit of a pain in the arse getting us all in. 

Yes, you can. I believe, but I could be wrong, that the cards will also be free 

13 hours ago, queenslad said:

puchase a plastic credit card season ticket?  OK for people who understand how these things work. Did try and buy a season ticket yesterday from shop yesterday to be told to phone back next week - a missed opportunity as I wasn't the only one trying to buy one

I struggled with trying to get a ticket for match yesterday as I somehow ended up with one for Oakbank Terrace instead of for the New Stand from the ticket office in the Arena. I didn't realise you had to state which area of the ground you wished to go to when buying the ticket. After about 10-15 standing a kind steward allowed me to enter new stand for a seat.

Buy one online FFS.

Exactly. 
I don't think it's as strong a squad on paper as all the optimism was suggesting.  The result was not a massive surprise imo 
I think it's a mistake to dismiss the loan market.  We've perhaps been a little too heavily reliant on it previously but surely one or two wouldn't be a bad thing. 

We had our best striker out, arguably our best CM out and quite possibly our best CB out. The squad is absolutely fine on paper if we can avoid injuries. Depth will be the biggest concern. Gibson's next two signings could be crucial. It was one game with 5/6 new players. If we play as badly as that consistently in the League season I'll start to panic/moan.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

We had our best striker out, arguably our best CM out and quite possibly our best CB out. The squad is absolutely fine on paper if we can avoid injuries. Depth will be the biggest concern. Gibson's next two signings could be crucial. It was one game with 5/6 new players. If we play as badly as that consistently in the League season I'll start to panic/moan.

Gibson next 2 signing will be crucial as will a replacement for Fitzpatrick .

To have 4 players out this early is not good either  only Reilly looking like he might be back soon .

My worry about the defence is we still don't have that aggressive  physical presence  the likes of a Broadfoot or Muirhead gives you either player would not have been bullied by Goss .

Wullie has to play especially just now  with all the injuries  not ideal being manager but he is still the best player in the squad. 

Interesting to see that Ayr are providing streaming coverage of the big derby match tomorrow night.

I'm not going to be able to make it along to the St Johnstone match on Saturday but would have access to a stream of the game if one was available.  I'm assuming that isn't going to be the case though?

41 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Interesting to see that Ayr are providing streaming coverage of the big derby match tomorrow night.

I'm not going to be able to make it along to the St Johnstone match on Saturday but would have access to a stream of the game if one was available.  I'm assuming that isn't going to be the case though?

Nope, definitely no stream on Saturday 

To have 4 players out this early is not good either  only Reilly looking like he might be back soon .
My worry about the defence is we still don't have that aggressive  physical presence  the likes of a Broadfoot or Muirhead gives you either player would not have been bullied by Goss .
Wullie has to play especially just now  with all the injuries  not ideal being manager but he is still the best player in the squad. 
Was he not on about wanting just 2 more regardless of Fitzpatrick carry on? Striker and a midfielder probably.

I see Elgin fielded a player as a sub against Ayr who was ineligible due to an outstanding one match ban. Disciplinary hearing is Thursday. Rules of the competition would mean Ayr being awarded 3 0 win. Would have suited us better the other way round but it is what it is.

Pleasantly surprised to get an e-mail this morning from the Commercial Team thanking me for attending the game on Saturday*, and giving details of how to buy tickets for the remaining games.  Another small sign that the Club seem to be getting their act together.

* Ironically I didn't attend the game due to multiple trains being cancelled.  Giving up was one of my better decisions, as my travelling companion decided to give it a go and got back to his home in Embra at 1.21 am 😅

4 hours ago, QosLoyal said:
On 11/07/2022 at 18:01, Greenacres said:

Was he not on about wanting just 2 more regardless of Fitzpatrick carry on? Striker and a midfielder probably.

WG said he would replace Fitzpatrick if when he officially leaves definitely need another wide player plus another 2 .

On the Fitzpatrick saga I hope we don't give in Partick seem to want him for nothing .

On 11/07/2022 at 18:01, Greenacres said:

100% 

23 hours ago, Slipmat said:

This is a derby for you guys??