Jump to content

The Queen of the South thread


Recommended Posts

On 05/07/2022 at 14:38, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

I renewed this morning.

Looking forward to the QR machines failing and the entry process involving some young lad looking at my phone, shrugging his shoulders then letting me in.

Aye, I hope it goes ok but my experience of visiting other grounds with card readers at the turnstiles kind of fills me with dread. There is an advantage that you don't have to queue for a ticket first but I don't think this type of system necessarily speeds up entry to the ground. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Aye, I hope it goes ok but my experience of visiting other grounds with card readers at the turnstiles kind of fills me with dread. There is an advantage that you don't have to queue for a ticket first but I don't think this type of system necessarily speeds up entry to the ground. 

It’s extremely simple. Tap and go 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/07/2022 at 21:31, oldhat said:

That gives an appalling impression to anyone.  It really should say ground-down home supporters, too.  But there is a feel-good air about Queens at the moment, and long may it last; doing something about the public-facing physical structure of the club ought to match that feeling, and fast!  

I get it Palmy needs a tidy up a bit of painting done etc  but for me all that really  matters is I see Queens win everything else is secondary to that .

We could really do with a update from WG on how things are going the fitness of the squad and are we close to signing anyone 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

It’s extremely simple. Tap and go 

Simple in theory, but as I say, not always in practic. I have experienced a few occasions when it can be slower than simply just handing over a paper ticket getting the stub torn off and ticket handed back. The QR code readers not working, people walking up the the turnstile or standing at the turnstile still opening their phone trying to find  the ticket QR code, images on phones not big enough/too big to read, people printing off a pdf copy of their ticket (not sure if this is an option at Queens) and the paper is crumpled or folded across the code are just a few examples. I'm sure there are fans who have had to stand waiting, tutting and mumbling obscenities under their breath as some idiot in front of them ( probably  me) struggles to show the code. If everything works smoothly and supporters are ready at the turnstile to show their "ticket" it's fine but it's not any quicker, or even as quick, as  presenting a physical ticket for entry. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FrankReynolds said:

Does anyone know if the food bank at Palmerston opened? 

And if it’s open right now or tomorrow morning? I don’t stay in Dumfries and haven’t seen any updates about it since it was announced in January. I know of a family who stay near by and are really struggling at the moment. Appreciate any replies, thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

And if it’s open right now or tomorrow morning? I don’t stay in Dumfries and haven’t seen any updates about it since it was announced in January. I know of a family who stay near by and are really struggling at the moment. Appreciate any replies, thanks. 

If no announcement on the OS then it won’t be ready just yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

It’s extremely simple. Tap and go 

That's what I thought. Trying to get into Hampden and wouldn't work on my phone. Sent to a supervisor who had a hand held device and still wouldn't work. Got sent to the ticket office next south stand where I had to queue with others who had problems. They tried it again, didn't work before doing some security checks and issuing me a paper ticket which I had to go back and use which worked. All in all took about 30 extra mins. Must have been about another 40-50 people I saw with similar entry problems

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, queenslad said:

That's what I thought. Trying to get into Hampden and wouldn't work on my phone. Sent to a supervisor who had a hand held device and still wouldn't work. Got sent to the ticket office next south stand where I had to queue with others who had problems. They tried it again, didn't work before doing some security checks and issuing me a paper ticket which I had to go back and use which worked. All in all took about 30 extra mins. Must have been about another 40-50 people I saw with similar entry problems

I’ve been to every Scotland game since they were issued and every single time me or someone I’m with hasn’t got in, they are a nightmare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Simple in theory, but as I say, not always in practic. I have experienced a few occasions when it can be slower than simply just handing over a paper ticket getting the stub torn off and ticket handed back. The QR code readers not working, people walking up the the turnstile or standing at the turnstile still opening their phone trying to find  the ticket QR code, images on phones not big enough/too big to read, people printing off a pdf copy of their ticket (not sure if this is an option at Queens) and the paper is crumpled or folded across the code are just a few examples. I'm sure there are fans who have had to stand waiting, tutting and mumbling obscenities under their breath as some idiot in front of them ( probably  me) struggles to show the code. If everything works smoothly and supporters are ready at the turnstile to show their "ticket" it's fine but it's not any quicker, or even as quick, as  presenting a physical ticket for entry. 

I dont think speeding up access at the turnstile is really the main reason for online tickets. You're probably right, in a lot of cases it will be slower than just handing over a paper ticket. 

The overall process should be easier and quicker for most fans, though. It also brings us in line with cinemas, theatres, concerts etc who all sell tickets online. Theres a lot of advantages to the club too, with much less cash to handle and far less tickets to count and reconcile on matchday. Plus less time being spent by the office selling season and match tickets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s extremely simple. Tap and go 
You've obviously never seen people try to use self serve checkouts! ;)

When it works its great but inevitably, either due to human or technology error, it sometimes becomes a pain in the arse.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

And if it’s open right now or tomorrow morning? I don’t stay in Dumfries and haven’t seen any updates about it since it was announced in January. I know of a family who stay near by and are really struggling at the moment. Appreciate any replies, thanks. 

I think this is the new food hub. 

4B2EAA7E-C0C6-4A9B-BBA8-976B7DC0F33D.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've not been round by the Arena for a while, is the Cafe occupied and open yet or, if not, is there any indication of anyone showing an interest in  taking it over, even running it on matchdays only? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I've not been round by the Arena for a while, is the Cafe occupied and open yet or, if not, is there any indication of anyone showing an interest in  taking it over, even running it on matchdays only? 

Still empty unfortunately. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Still empty unfortunately. 

Another "white elephant" that probably sounded a good idea at the time, just like the artificial pitch that was heralded as being a good money earner for the club. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kirk Broadfoot has signed for Open Goal Broomhill in the Lowland League bit of a drop from the top of the Championship .

Players will play anywhere if the money is good 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Kirk Broadfoot has signed for Open Goal Broomhill in the Lowland League bit of a drop from the top of the Championship .

Players will play anywhere if the money is good 

 

Better off without the likes of him.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Surely dropped any interest we had when McKenna came in. Hope we can get off to a strong start tomorrow, on holiday so missing it

Edited by qos1990
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Kirk Broadfoot has signed for Open Goal Broomhill in the Lowland League bit of a drop from the top of the Championship .

Players will play anywhere if the money is good 

 

Can you blame him at his age?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...