The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Kirk Broadfoot has signed for Open Goal Broomhill in the Lowland League bit of a drop from the top of the Championship .

Players will play anywhere if the money is good 

Better off without the likes of him.... 

3 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Kirk Broadfoot has signed for Open Goal Broomhill in the Lowland League bit of a drop from the top of the Championship .

Players will play anywhere if the money is good 

Can you blame him at his age?

Now that it's been announced on the official site that there will be no live streaming of matches this season, here's hoping we get a return to a decent highlights package for the season.

Edited by JessieField
mistake

On 04/07/2022 at 11:46, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Billy's company must have had the Rome  contract too.

Agree that Palmerston needs a spruce up but a lick of paint on the turnstile doors and suchlike is like putting lipstick on a pig, it'll still look rough. The wood on some of the doors is that rotten it's probably only the paint that's holding them together, the same as the moss on the Main Stand Roof. I can appreciate there might be a bit of a dilemma for the Board, is it worth spending money on the stadium when you've dropped a division and crowds are dwindling or do the minimum until we hopefully move upward again. I would say painting the lines in the car park was lower down on priorities than some other remedial work, but of course it should be remembered that workers and customers from other Arena businesses use the car park too, so that may have been a factor in it being done. I've not seen the new lining yet but it could be that these businesses want designated parking spaces. As it stands Queens can't charge people for parking on the Arena car park on match days because they may actually not be going to the match but to one of the other businesses. 

They want to knock the whole lot down, flog it for development and with the cash relocate. 

The facilities must put folk off both floating fans and players. 

'Palmerston update' on the app gives details on work done and work to be done within the next few weeks. Looks like progress is being made 👍.

Travelled up yesterday for today's match. Really looking forward to it. A cracker of a day. See you all there!

'Palmerston update' on the app gives details on work done and work to be done within the next few weeks. Looks like progress is being made [emoji106].
Travelled up yesterday for today's match. Really looking forward to it. A cracker of a day. See you all there!

Brilliant update from the club: it's really not that difficult to keep us informed, is it?

Some good noises coming from that update. The only thing I kind of take issue with is the seagull issue. I appreciate the town struggles with it, not just the club but I'm not buying that as an excuse for piles of seagull shit in the stands. A sound investment would be a power washer and it could be done on a weekly basis. New shit is a nuisance but can't be helped. There's no excuse at all for it to be as thick as it has been in the last few seasons.

Interesting news regarding the cafe. I wonder what's going on there.

1 hour ago, Kunter said:

They want to knock the whole lot down, flog it for development and with the cash relocate. 

The facilities must put folk off both floating fans and players. 

I think you'll be in the minority about wanting to relocate. I think in our position just now all we need is a right good professional tidy up around the ground,  and for that tidy up to be maintained regularly. Leave the grand schemes until we see positive shoots of upward and sustained progress on the playing side.

Well that was fucking dreadful ref has fucked us right over big 45 ahead

Our shite performance has fucked us over. The ref hasn't been great but unless he got the Currie decision wrong he hasn't done anything major that's damaged us. Given Currie's performance so far I'm leaning towards it being his f**k up.