The Queen of the South thread

Guest Flash
10 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Tickets are now on sale for the Annan game. First time doing online sales!

https://qosfc.ticketco.events/uk/en/e/queen_of_the_south_fc_vs_annan_athletic

Any plans to put a link in the “Next match” box on the OS? Would be handy to have something that stays on the homepage until the game.
Anyway, hope it all goes smoothly. And good that paper tickets can still be bought on the day.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Flash said:

Any plans to put a link in the “Next match” box on the OS? Would be handy to have something that stays on the homepage until the game.
Anyway, hope it all goes smoothly. And good that paper tickets can still be bought on the day.

Im doing it now. In fact, I had to stop doing it to reply to your post asking me if Im doing it ;) :lol:

ETA - and now its done

Edited by Homer Thompson

Im doing it now. In fact, I had to stop doing it to reply to your post asking me if Im doing it  
ETA - and now its done
When you purchase a ticket does it just need to be looked at by the turnstile operator rather than require scanning or anything? I wont get there until 15/20 past on Saturday so the turnstiles will likely be closed.

Guest Flash
6 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Im doing it now. In fact, I had to stop doing it to reply to your post asking me if Im doing it ;) :lol:

ETA - and now its done

29 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
36 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:
Im doing it now. In fact, I had to stop doing it to reply to your post asking me if Im doing it emoji6.png emoji38.png
ETA - and now its done

When you purchase a ticket does it just need to be looked at by the turnstile operator rather than require scanning or anything? I wont get there until 15/20 past on Saturday so the turnstiles will likely be closed.

It needs to be scanned. If the turnstiles are shut, I think you'll be able to go in at the office

29 minutes ago, Flash said:

;) 

I noticed Ross Irving was named in brackets next to the Trialist on the match report. I didn't think they named the player unless they had signed?

Or we are not worried about people knowing.... 
But the ref etc would be told who the trialist was as well. 

I'm probably over-thinking it, I just can't recall ever seeing a trialist officially named and wondered if it meant we were about to sign him. Probably the former rather than the latter!

1 hour ago, Homer Thompson said:

Ticketing blurb for the Annan game on the OS says tickets will be available on the day of the game from the Arena, will the booths at the East Stand not be open? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Ticketing blurb for the Annan game on the OS says tickets will be available on the day of the game from the Arena, will the booths at the East Stand not be open? 

No, I dont believe so. As far as I know, the plan is just to have one ticket office in the arena

Edited by Homer Thompson

1 hour ago, Manwithnoball said:

Would take Ugwu as another striker would allow us to mix it up a bit. On trial at Falkirk just now

He is exactly what we need but we could get nowhere near what Falkirk will offer him.

That is the type of quality we should be after not the likes of our trialist on Saturday .

27 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

He is exactly what we need but we could get nowhere near what Falkirk will offer him.

That is the type of quality we should be after not the likes of our trialist on Saturday .

^^^^   The Financial Expert seemingly with knowledge of every teams budgets and player's wages speaks again. 

51 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

No, I dont believe so. As far as I know, the plan is just to have one ticket office in the arena

If that's the case it's crap. Do you know if the Terracing turnstiles at the Arena side will be open this season or are "Red Zones" still in place. Referees and Away teams changing arrangements should surely be back to pre-covid situation of them all using the main stand dressing rooms. 

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If that's the case it's crap. Do you know if the Terracing turnstiles at the Arena side will be open this season or are "Red Zones" still in place. Referees and Away teams changing arrangements should surely be back to pre-covid situation of them all using the main stand dressing rooms. 

Pretty sure the red zones are gone and all the changing arrangements are back to normal

^^^^   The Financial Expert seemingly with knowledge of every teams budgets and player's wages speaks again. 
Agree with the financial part but is he wrong about the trialist? Debatable

7 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

Pleased to see that the clubs have agreed a sensible approach to pricing.  I get that it is holiday time for a lot of people but hopefully there will be a reasonable crowd on the back of that and encouraging displays in the friendlies.

Had a walk round Palmerston today and disappointed to see it still in a bit of a mess. Nicely new lined car park at the Queens Arena but weeds everywhere and turnstiles doors still unpainted. 

No idea why the club hasn’t approached the supporters for help this season. You’d think free labour would be right up Hewitson’s street 😕