The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, Doonhamer19 said:

I obviously don't speak for everybody (and I'm sure plenty of others will disagree) but:

For me the main problem was always Allan Johnston, and we've replaced him with our previous captain, which seems to have made the club atmosphere more positive.

I would rather we had different owners but there isn't anyone that would be willing to buy or invest into the club, and while we don't have a large budget, so far I think our transfers in have been good enough for the level we are expected to be playing at. The manager has been backed reasonably and we just have to see how we fare next season.

The things which have frustrated me most recently is the physical condition of the stadium and lack of care for it (Palmerston looks run down), and the fact that it's Mr Hewitson's company that won our shirt sponsor draw (although it probably was fair, I'd have put the name back in and redrawn it).

Nothing (apart from our division) has really changed, but as there isn't any possibility of a takeover at the moment, in my opinion we just have to continue as we are - our situation is far from a catastrophe; we aren't in debt and at risk of going bust, and we look to have as decent a chance as we could expect of getting promoted next season.

Thank you 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Good to get another striker on board. Don't know much about his style. Was he not poor for Arbroath but played ok for Falkirk? 4 in 12 isn't terrible certainly.

Got a lot of negative stick from our fan base purely down to the fact he was Paul Sheerin's golden boy. At 19 he should never have been brought in as our main option upfront but I wouldn't have minded having him in our team this season as an option.

He won't win you any headers but he's good at taking the ball into feet and bringing other players into the game. 2 of his 4 for us were crackers from outside the box.

From what I can make out Ruth is 5'8" (although there are differing reports), so a similar profile physically to Reilly and Paton. I think this would mean Wullie has no intention of using a target man, which I definitely can't say I'm unhappy about.