The Queen of the South thread

1 minute ago, QoS99 said:

Fitzpatrick has clearly always had the ability, it’s just he started showing it before he was injured under Wullie. Cameron on the other hand has always been a very limited footballer. Not the greatest of comparisons to make imo.

I'm not comparing the players though, because as you say, they're very different.

What I'm comparing is supporters having wanted two players to return to our side, on the basis of brief and limited evidence of an upturn in form.

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Same tbh. I don't expect him to be back either now we've signed Quitongo. I would like to see East return but I won't be gutted if he doesn't. Connolly I accepted weeks before the end of the season was away so I'm surprised he hasn't been signed by someone yet. Fitzpatrick is the one I'm hopeful we'll keep and be pretty disappointed if he leaves.

Did Rhys McCabe play with any of these lads during his time at QOS..

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not comparing the players though, because as you say, they're very different.

What I'm comparing is supporters having wanted two players to return to our side, on the basis of brief and limited evidence of an upturn in form.

It's a fair point. As others have said, the change in Fitzpatrick did seem to happen when Gibson took charge, so you would it's more likely to continue. He also has pace which, as we saw last time we played at this level, makes a massive difference. We need some pace in the team given who's already in the squad 

6 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Did Rhys McCabe play with any of these lads during his time at QOS..

You've already got 5 ex-Queens players in your 10 man squad.  Any more would just be being greedy. 

54 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

... As others have said, the change in Fitzpatrick did seem to happen when Gibson took charge, so you would it's more likely to continue. He also has pace which, as we saw last time we played at this level, makes a massive difference ... 

^^^ This.

We had just started to get a glimpse of Fitzy's talent and pace under Gibson and saw that he was capable of doing damage at Championship level. So I think he'd be a real weapon a level below.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, especially because the lure of Partick and other suitors with decent budgets, but secretly have my fingers crossed. You never know...

^^^ This.
We had just started to get a glimpse of Fitzy's talent and pace under Gibson and saw that he was capable of doing damage at Championship level. So I think he'd be a real weapon a level below.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up, especially because the lure of Partick and other suitors with decent budgets, but secretly have my fingers crossed. You never know...

Pace or his pace would be vital

Ugh. Very average at best IMO. If Gibson gives him a run in the "No 10"/Connolly role I think he could be a very handy player but if he's been brought in to play RM then it's very underwhelming tbh. Never took his man on anywhere near enough for me. He did track back well though so if he plays ahead of Quitongo it may be a decent addition.

More concerned him coming in means one of/or both Connolly and Fitzpatrick are gone.

Good luck with him. He’s clearly got some ability, but he just never seems to put it all together to be a massively effective player. In his defence, I think he’s largely been used out wide by us, and he’s clearly not suited to that - I think he basically needs to be in behind the striker or nowhere at all.

7 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:
28 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:
Me too, he looked absolutely shite at Partick when they were down here.

Probs score against you now. Just like Oliver will for you guys against us.

Guaranteed, one of those really annoying players who doesn't actually look to have a suited position. Just fluctuates between playing as a winger or a 10 but never really stands out as either.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Guaranteed, one of those really annoying players who doesn't actually look to have a suited position. Just fluctuates between playing as a winger or a 10 but never really stands out as either.

^^^ Perfect summary of Murray and Oliver.  Both frustrating, as there is some talent there.

Hoping we do what we did with McKay and Reilly. Announce the first signing which doesn’t bring much buzz (McKay) to then announce the more exciting signing later on in the day (Reilly). Going by this logic I’m hoping for another signing at some point today !

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ugh. Very average at best IMO. If Gibson gives him a run in the "No 10"/Connolly role I think he could be a very handy player but if he's been brought in to play RM then it's very underwhelming tbh. Never took his man on anywhere near enough for me. He did track back well though so if he plays ahead of Quitongo it may be a decent addition.

More concerned him coming in means one of/or both Connolly and Fitzpatrick are gone.

Murray decent squad player  signing but does not have the quality of a Connelly or Fizpartrick looking like are both away .