The Queen of the South thread

Big Innes, rightly, gets it tight on here.

A woeful footballer.

I've noticed @19QOS19 saying something similar a few times, can't say I totally agree though. Maybe coming back from injury he wasn't putting as much into it but I don't think he actually hid during games, he still looked like he was at least trying to do something positive. I'd imagine trying to set up Innes Cameron with scoring chances to squander would demoralise most players though. 

Iain Wilson! I'm happy with that. Pleased it's a two year deal as well, especially for a younger player.
Don't know why but I thought he was a lot older than 23. Seems to have been around for ages which is great for us mind you as he has plenty of experience for his age.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I see we are updating the player list on our website now. Wilson there already. It has Gibson as player/manager. Does that mean Gibson will be playing on next season?

When have we not updated the player list on the website?? Not only updating the player list but you can now buy player sponsorship online too :) 

He'll be listed as a player manager until he comes out and says hes not playing anymore

I see we are updating the player list on our website now. Wilson there already. It has Gibson as player/manager. Does that mean Gibson will be playing on next season?

Surely even if he doesn’t intend on playing, it’s worth him keeping fit and ticking over incase of emergency. Not a bad option to have

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I would assume so. Given the lack of communication on the matter as well, I feel the club just see it as him continuing like before. Surely they would have given a proper retirement 'farewell' if he wasn't staying as a player.

Edit: And he'll have decided already and have wanted to say something as well, given he's the one building the squad.

Edited by Doonhamer19

When have we not updated the player list on the website?? Not only updating the player list but you can now buy player sponsorship online too [emoji4] 
He'll be listed as a player manager until he comes out and says hes not playing anymore

Just since the last time I looked. It was last season's squad when I was last on.

On Ally Roy, I know I'm very much in the minority (probably of 1) but I think if he hadn't picked up an early injury, and was allowed the amount of game time that the useless striker we persevered with was, he would have been a decent signing, he certainly started well enough in the League Cup games. Of course he didn't fit into the "big target man up front we love to shell the ball to" category so he was never going to get a fair crack. Good luck to him anyway. Was he our worst no. 9 as someone asked? After witnessing Tom Brighton play, Ally Roy was nowhere near that bad. 

On Wullie continuing playing, I'm sure he's said that signings will dictate if he continues but I think he'll register as back-up. 

The Wilson signing is pleasing, hopefully he'll stay clear of injury. As has been said he's got good experience for his age. I hope he and Paton have have made up after their wee spat when we played Morton at Palmy.