The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

http://www.qosfc.com/players

I see squad page updated now showing Cooper, East, Connelly etc having left. If you click on them it says they left May 2022.

Thats just because their contracts will have/be running out. It doesnt mean they definitely wont re-sign for next season

I like him, he's a solid centre half with pace who will do a decent job if he stays fit. Unfortunately he got injured 3 times in the first 5 minutes of matches last season so I don't know how realistic that is.

Really liked him but was never fit. He’s quick, strong and defensively sound and I personally think if weren’t for his injuries, he’d of been a fixture in the side. Formed a great partnership with Charlie Fox at the beginning of the season until his eventual injuries. 

If you get a full season out of him then great signing but that’s a big if. He broke down 3-4 times in the first 10 minutes of games across the season 

Doesn't sound too promising. Well, he sounds good but the injury side doesn't bode well. Hopefully he overcomes these and is a solid addition rather than being our next Chima.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Doesn't sound too promising. Well, he sounds good but the injury side doesn't bode well. Hopefully he overcomes these and is a solid addition rather than being our next Chima.

Bound to feature more often than Chima to be fair ....

Max Currie is a pretty good signing, would of kept him last season. Although he is prone to the odd blunder and struggles to command his box,  he's a very good keeper for league 1 level. As for Rico Quitongo, quite surprised at that, in terms of footballing ability I thought he'd sign for a lower end league 1 team or high end league 2 team. Think that signing is quite underwhelming to be honest if QOS are aiming for promotion or a play off spot.

6 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

See Fitzpatrick has posted on Twitter about the Quitongo signing. I hope that means that there is still a chance he’ll be here next season. 

Hope I'm wrong but think that's a long shot as he'll have other offers (Partick?) - would love to see him back with us for a season in L1 though; would be a real asset.

1 minute ago, David Fernández said:

As for Rico Quitongo, quite surprised at that, in terms of footballing ability I thought he'd sign for a lower end league 1 team or high end league 2 team. Think that signing is quite underwhelming to be honest if QOS are aiming for promotion or a play off spot.

Think you'll soon be starting to get acquainted with our budget capability ...

Max Currie is a solid signing at this level. He did well enough for us the past couple of seasons.

Quitongo is a bit of a mental one though. He’s quick and athletic but isn’t great defensively and doesn’t provide very much going forward. I can’t remember him putting in a decent cross or beating his man (with the exception of that one time he pulled down Stephen O’Donnell’s pants in the league cup) during his time at Airdrie!

ETA: As the poster above, I fully expected him to pop up in League 2 this season.

Max Currie does look a good addition. 

See Fitzpatrick has posted on Twitter about the Quitongo signing. I hope that means that there is still a chance he’ll be here next season. 
Noticed that. See Rico has responded and it looks like a bit of a love in there. Have they played together before? Let's hope it's a major hint for us.

Just now, David Fernández said:

I think Cammy Ballantyne is a much more shrewd signing than Rico. But we will see how things pan out.

Yes could well be.  I don't know the lad Ballantyne but everyone on here has been raving about him so seems to have been a good catch for Airdrie.

Again, haven't much knowledge of Rico but generally Ballantyne appears to be higher rated.  You never know though, sometimes a player fits well with a particular management team.  We had Aidan Fitzpatrick (ex Partick/Norwich) last season and he looked lost/disinterested under Allan Johnston and then started to shine when Gibson took over.  Fingers crossed for Rico.

Max currie good signing for yous lot would’ve been happy to keep him at airdrie but gaffer obviously has other ideas.
Rico’s last chance at full time football for me, before the whole incident last season he was pretty poor and generally surprised he’s got a full time move here. Lower end of the league probably his level