The Queen of the South thread

5 hours ago, Greenacres said:

What the hell has it to do with Hewitson .

He give AJ a budget it was him who signed all the players not good enough .

WG has made no difference why some fans think he should get the job I have no idea .

Wullie is a good right back but not a manager just like most of the players he has not got the experience  

Greenacres you are comedy gold😂😂

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Jack Ross might sound like a wild shout and earn me some ridicule ... but I reckon his star is currently on the wane and as time passes and the bigger opportunities don't come his way, who knows.

If anything his reputation is on the increase. The worse Hibs do the better a manager he looks.

2 hours ago, Slipmat said:

After today's shitshow I just hope we can appoint a motivator.

Mark McGhee certainly has a lot of fire in his belly...

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I'm struggling to sleep - and I'm sure it was a trick of the light - but I could have *sworn* I just read a Queen of the South fan seriously suggesting that Jack Ross might want the manager's gig at Palmerston in League 1.

To be fair, didn't say he'd "want" the gig, more that the longer he's out of work and the more attractive opportunities don't come his way, etc etc ... can't see him getting offers south of the border anymore.  Maybe East End for Ross - is Yogi on a short term?

More surprised he hasn't landed at Queens Park really, with the moneybags/Dempster connection etc.

Edited by Otis Blue

Queens Park offered him £250k a year and he told them to f**k off.

Hibs are still paying him far more than that so if he takes another job he loses that money.

As well as Queen's Park, he also ruled himself out of the Kilmarnock job and turned down an offer from St Mirren. He's not out of work through a lack of interest, he's out of work because he's financially better off to do so. He's coming nowhere near any lower end Championship clubs.

He's not out of work through a lack of interest, he's out of work because he's financially better off to do so.

That's the trouble with our country. The system should never allow this to be the case...

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Queens Park offered him £250k a year and he told them to f**k off.

Hibs are still paying him far more than that so if he takes another job he loses that money.

'kin hell ... can't really blame the guy, eh?

10 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

Scott Brown as player/ manager?
Him & Wullie to form an old-timers midfield duo that would sweep us to the League 1 title.

I so wish you hadn't mentioned that ... however, is it not the case that our BOD have a somewhat "loyal" leaning, so maybe unlikely that would come to pass?

2 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

I think if WG was to be given the job he has to retire from playing. You can't do both.  But he is still a very good player he may not be ready to finish playing as in best shape of his career. He has been left with AJ squad. It will be interesting to see if he gets the job. 

WG should keep playing and Queens should go for an experienced manager at League One level.