The Queen of the South thread

I doubt that they would fall that far....

If you had a complete clear out from top to bottom and then expect us to be ready for action within 5/6 weeks then I think it would be very probable we'd be in some very serious shit.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

If you had a complete clear out from top to bottom and then expect us to be ready for action within 5/6 weeks then I think it would be very probable we'd be in some very serious shit.

Well if the Directors remain and appointed a half decent manager and allowed him to bring in his own players in the main that would suffice....

Edited by TERREGLES1919
Typo

Well if the Directors remain and appointed a half decent manager and allowed him to bring in his own players in the main that would suffice....
We don't know if WG fits that category yet. Only a complete moron would write him off at this point. He can only piss with the cock he's got. I don't think it's fair to rule him out just yet. If he gets to assemble his own squad then he can be judged properly IMO.

Going down gives us a fresh start at least and I'd be happy to gamble on an inexperienced manager, particularly because I don't fancy our chances of coming right back up.

I think I'd take a punt on Gibson over the usual merry-go-round dinosaur that'll be in for the job if we hire externally.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Going down gives us a fresh start at least and I'd be happy to gamble on an inexperienced manager, particularly because I don't fancy our chances of coming right back up.

If you don't fancy our chances of coming right back up does that not mean we will be a relegation battle to even stay in this league. Look at Falkirk don't look as if they will go up and 5/6 points less and they would be in danger of going down like Brechin and now Cowdenbeath whose very future are in doubt

If you don't fancy our chances of coming right back up does that not mean we will be a relegation battle to even stay in this league. Look at Falkirk don't look as if they will go up and 5/6 points less and they would be in danger of going down like Brechin and now Cowdenbeath whose very future are in doubt
Who knows. It'll depend on what sort of side we can assemble.

Remaining Fixtures for Ayr, Dunfermline and Queens....

Ayr Utd...

Inverness H

Dunfermline A

Queens A

Partick H

Dunfermline...

Kilmarnock A

Ayr Utd H

Partick A

Queens H

Queen of the South...

Partick H

Arbroath A

Inverness H

Ayr Utd H

Dunfermline A

Edited by TERREGLES1919
Typo

Guest Flash
Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

The fat ladys only just warming up guys, its still possible for a play off

No chance. That’s five league defeats in a row. 3 league wins out of the last 24. We’re going straight down and it is fully deserved.

Sadly I think you are correct.

Wonder just how much of a difference we'd have seen if we had a collection of strikers that weren't completely shite.

No chance. That’s five league defeats in a row. 3 league wins out of the last 24. We’re going straight down and it is fully deserved.

Will be interesting to watch the close season wheeling and dealing to see whether WG gets the gig, what sort of budget is made available, etc.

Would be a refreshing change to be competitive again.

Due to work that was my last game of the season. Can't say I'm gutted. I could make Dunfermline but it'll be long over by then.

I suppose it'll be a fresh challenge next season and hopefully a promotion challenge. If Cochrane* can replicate that kind of performance regularly next season I'd be happy going with him and McGrory in the middle. We'd just need someone who gets stuck in with the dirty work; would take Jacobs in a heartbeat.

Hopefully at least one semi-competent striker as well and not waste a loan on another equally useless one. Sadly I think we could be in with a shout of getting Cameron again as there's no chance he's getting first team time at Killie.

* If he doesn't have a relegation release clause.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Due to work that was my last game of the season. Can't say I'm gutted. I could make Dunfermline but it'll be long over by then.

I suppose it'll be a fresh challenge next season and hopefully a promotion challenge. If Cochrane* can replicate that kind of performance regularly next season I'd be happy going with him and McGrory in the middle. We'd just need someone who gets stuck in with the dirty work; would take Jacobs in a heartbeat.

Hopefully at least one semi-competent striker as well and not waste a loan on another equally useless one. Sadly I think we could be in with a shout of getting Cameron again as there's no chance he's getting first team time at Killie.

* If he doesn't have a relegation release clause.

Yes, Cochrane might just shine at a level down. Trouble is I fear he could be made of glass and spend half the season injured.

Surely we've seen enough of Cameron now, has to be better options out there.

Guest Flash
21 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Sadly I think you are correct.

Wonder just how much of a difference we'd have seen if we had a collection of strikers that weren't completely shite.

We’ e lost 13 games by a single goal. So, you’d think if they could score more goals it would make a difference. Even just scoring 1 more goal in 6 of those games would have produced 6 more points.
According to the BBC stats, Queens had 1 shot on target tonight from 14 attempts. Missing the target 13 times out of 14 is pretty grim.

Cochrane, McKay, Rae and McGrory all have the look of quality league one players about them so there are decent building blocks to base a team around next season (assuming Rae and McGrory re-sign).  Fitzpatrick too if he is prepared to both drop a division and put in a shift.  It will probably come down to how quickly we move for available players and how much money can be prized out of Billy's paws.

What's happened to Connelly by the way?  He's been hugely disappointing since coming back from injury.

Edited by Slipmat