The Queen of the South thread

33 minutes ago, HMIP said:

When was Andrew Neil respected? He was one of Murdoch’s attack dogs in the 80s, employed a Holocaust denier and seemed to be about the only person in London who didn’t know Pamela Bordes was a call girl.  Allegedly.

Have you missed like the last 20 years? He was the only BBC political journalist and interviewer who would actually challenge politicians. Irrespective of their party. His monologue when he empty seated Boris was a thing of beauty in the run up to the last GE. His takedown of the Maybot (in the run up to the 2017 GE), he must have said about 10 times Prime Minster you are not answering the question why do you keep repeating the same phrases over and over. His repeated dismantling of Owen Jones. - a particular favourite when Mr Jones clearly didn't know how income tax worked and Ben Shapiro who accused him of being a liberal!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Say what you like about his supposed political views but the BBC is far worse with Andrew Marr and Laura Kuenssberg fronting up their political coverage.

I am astounded that he would retweet George Galloway without even making an attempt to know the facts. Very poor on his part, showing extremely bad preparation - he's a details man and has let himself down here.

Edited by Trogdor

39 minutes ago, HMIP said:

When was Andrew Neil respected? He was one of Murdoch’s attack dogs in the 80s, employed a Holocaust denier and seemed to be about the only person in London who didn’t know Pamela Bordes was a call girl.  Allegedly.

He was at the top of BBC for years you only get that position from being respected in your field. I don't particularly like him because of his politics but his interview with Ben Shapiro is brilliant.

It just shows how wacky 2020 has been that George Galloway and Andrew Neil are getting involved in a "conspiracy" involving Queen of the South and George Galloway outing himself.

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I think we all know that 'Remeberance Day' events, especially at football grounds, have little to nothing to do with 'remembering the dead'.

Have a wee word with your Pars Heritage Trust on this one. I'm sure that one of them will happily re-educate you. I'm more than happy to provide a contact for you. And this is from a supporter of the so called wee team!😠

https://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv?vid=1322

Edited by embow

44 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Have you missed like the last 20 years? He was the only BBC political journalist and interviewer who would actually challenge politicians. Irrespective of their party. His monologue when he empty seated Boris was a thing of beauty in the run up to the last GE. His takedown of the Maybot (in the run up to the 2017 GE), he must have said about 10 times Prime Minster you are not answering the question why do you keep repeating the same phrases over and over. His repeated dismantling of Owen Jones. - a particular favourite when Mr Jones clearly didn't know how income tax worked and Ben Shapiro who accused him of being a liberal!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Say what you like about his supposed political views but the BBC is far worse with Andrew Marr and Laura Kuenssberg fronting up their political coverage.

I am astounded that he would retweet George Galloway without even making an attempt to know the facts. Very poor on his part, showing extremely bad preparation - he's a details man and has let himself down here.

More recent highlights in Andrew Neil’s career include supporting the war in Iraq, fronting a campaign that claimed HIV doesn’t cause AIDS, is a climate change denier and called an award winning female journalist a “crazy cat lady”

Feels like we’re getting off topic here.  The Queen of the South board should be flogged.

22 minutes ago, embow said:

Have a wee word with your Pars Heritage Trust on this one. I'm sure that one of them will happily re-educate you. I'm more than happy to provide a contact for you. And this is from a supporter of the so called wee team!😠

https://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv?vid=1322

I need no education on the subject.

I don't particularly care about it. I think it's way beyond time we all moved on from it and stopped these daft shows of how can remember the most. Any sort of meaning it had was lost many, many years ago.

But this is derailing the thread. There's a thread in the General Nonsense section for this (or you could start another one if the current one isn't suitable).

FWIW I don't think the QOS board were involved in some nonsense yoon conspiracy. I think they were simply too naive to fully understand Galloway's intentions, were daft enough to trust him and were perhaps even a shitting it a bit that if they'd refused him entry he'd have gone to town on them on social media, and (ironically) didn't want to be caught up in a shitstorm. The other likelihood is of course that they are tone deaf simpletons. 

Ultimately it's only QOS who will pay the price as Galloway's attempts to publicly nail himself to a cross have failed and the only party likely to be punished here are the club themselves.

I doubt they'll see that sneaky wee p***k for dust now, but he might surprise us all and offer to help the club out with the fine. 

44 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Feels like we’re getting off topic here.  The Queen of the South board should be flogged.

Yeah, I don't have the time or inclination  to substantiate or debunk your claims. You can go back to sharpening your axe.

56 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

he might surprise us all and offer to help the club out with the fine. 

Publicly, on Twitter, before, privately, refusing to help.

I need no education on the subject.
I don't particularly care about it. I think it's way beyond time we all moved on from it and stopped these daft shows of how can remember the most. Any sort of meaning it had was lost many, many years ago.

I’ll ask you the same question as I asked Highland Capital but hopefully you’ll be courteous enough to reply.

What’s your take on players still taking the knee before games now we’re at the end of December?

You dont say!! Call yourself a manager- You only signed THREE and let far better defenders go... 
_20201229_104630.thumb.JPG.5545c5910634ac94201187263a1f1c42.JPG

He had a decent, young defender in Semple but decided he was surplus to requirements.
Pity AJ couldn’t have put their differences to bed for the sake of the team as he’s better than any of the 3 defenders we currently have on our books!!

3 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

I’ll ask you the same question as I asked Highland Capital but hopefully you’ll be courteous enough to reply.

What’s your take on players still taking the knee before games now we’re at the end of December?

I'm all for it.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

You dont say!! Call yourself a manager- You only signed THREE and let far better defenders go... 

_20201229_104630.JPG

I don't think you are factually correct here.

Due to Covid and the ensuing uncertainty the Club - not the Manager -  made the decision not to retain any players who were out of contract at the end of the season.  So it is unfair to accuse AJ of preferring to ditch the ones we had in favour of the ones we have now.

23 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

He had a decent, young defender in Semple but decided he was surplus to requirements.

Where did Semple go?

Did he not have quite a sycophantic fan on here as well? Not seen them in a while either.

30 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Wtf has taking the knee got to do with anything? Remembrance Sunday is a once a year reflection and respect for fallen soldiers (albeit now extended to about 6 weeks). 

Taking the knee is part of an ongoing campaign against racism. It can run for as long as it takes. 

Do you have an objection to it?

On topic, with all my inlaws in Dumfries I've got a soft spot for Queens. Knowingly or otherwise they've been played like a fiddle.

1 hour ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Pity AJ couldn’t have put their differences to bed for the sake of the team as he’s better than any of the 3 defenders we currently have on our books!!

1081.gif.fc0f7e4ed795a138fd31f3dad08aa42d.gif

55 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Where did Semple go?

Did he not have quite a sycophantic fan on here as well? Not seen them in a while either.

He's still a free agent, which tells us everything we need to know, IMO.

45 minutes ago, HTG said:

Wtf has taking the knee got to do with anything? Remembrance Sunday is a once a year reflection and respect for fallen soldiers (albeit now extended to about 6 weeks). 

Taking the knee is part of an ongoing campaign against racism. It can run for as long as it takes. 

Do you have an objection to it?

On topic, with all my inlaws in Dumfries I've got a soft spot for Queens. Knowingly or otherwise they've been played like a fiddle.

At risk of derailing the thread even further, until what takes?

4 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

1081.gif.fc0f7e4ed795a138fd31f3dad08aa42d.gif

He's still a free agent, which tells us everything we need to know, IMO.

Semple is a relatively young player, I doubt if anyone would say he's the sole answer to our defensive problems but I think he would be better than the not so young Buchanan (or Obileye for that matter) we've got in there just now.  You say he's a free agent, that goes for very little,  we've got a few in our squad who should by rights also be free agents going by performances and results. If nothing else signing  Semple would at least give us some options in an area where there are very few. I've no idea why Semple is still  a free agent,  it may be a non football reason for all we know,  of course his fitness,  or lack of,  last season probably was a red flag to Johnston and maybe others who didn't want to take a chance with him.