The Queen of the South thread

I would never do anything to damage Queens as a club but the BoD must be held to account by the shareholders at the next AGM meeting but this is likely to be virtual so may be a waste of time. Perhaps this is the right time to call an EGM but not sure how this is achieved. Someone must know??

3 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Your greenie was before you edited the post, as I thought you were being sarcastic for comedy effect.

Imagine remembering the dead. What a bunch of c***s we are. 

I think we all know that 'Remeberance Day' events, especially at football grounds, have little to nothing to do with 'remembering the dead'.

I wouldn't be surprised if your theory of the QotS board being arch-unionist Rule Britannia types turns out to be true.  I remember being at Palmerston once for a Caley Thistle away game.  There was a minute's silence for Remembrance Day a week after it had past and involved former soldiers coming out with battalion flags and a huge Union Flag. 
I've never seen a Remembrance Day silence after the day had past before (let alone a week later!) and I've also never seen one (in the flesh) that was quite so jingoistic. 

What your thoughts on players still taking the knee in games now we’re in late December?

7 minutes ago, HMIP said:

This tweet has been retweeted by Galloway’s pal Andrew Neil, who has over 1m Twitter followers.  Must be the free publicity Gorgeous was on about.

Andrew Neil has taken to baiting nationalists, since he left the BBC it seems to be his full time hobby. A bit careless of him to retweet such factually inaccurate drivel right enough. 

14 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Your greenie was before you edited the post, as I thought you were being sarcastic for comedy effect.

Imagine remembering the dead. What a bunch of c***s we are. 

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think we all know that 'Remeberance Day' events, especially at football grounds, have little to nothing to do with 'remembering the dead'.

I don't have a problem with a minute's silence in the game in the run-up to Remembrance Day.  But doing it about a week after it in such a jingoistic way just felt a bit weird.

Edited by Highland Capital

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Really?

Tell me what it is all about then. I must have misunderstood.

8 minutes ago, mwwqos321 said:

I would never do anything to damage Queens as a club but the BoD must be held to account by the shareholders at the next AGM meeting but this is likely to be virtual so may be a waste of time. Perhaps this is the right time to call an EGM but not sure how this is achieved. Someone must know??

A notice to the board signed by individuals holding at least 10% of the shares. The board must then announce the date of the meeting within 21 days. The actual date of the meeting will be not more than 28 days thereafter. If the board fail to meet these requirements, the shareholders can arrange the meeting themselves, to be held not more than 3 months from the date of the original notice to the board.

Companies Act s303-305

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

Just now, Highland Capital said:

I don't have a problem with a minute's silence in the game in the run-up to Remembrance Day.  But doing it about a week after it in a rather jingoistic way just felt a bit weird.

When was this?

Regardless, I don’t think it is evidence  of Queens being a ‘unionist’ club. 

3 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

When was this?

Regardless, I don’t think it is evidence  of Queens being a ‘unionist’ club. 

November 17th 2018 - the 3-3 game.  

I don't see any evidence of QotS being a unionist club in and of itself, but considering the members of the board are made of older, (I assume) fairly well off men in Dumfries and Galloway, being unionists (and thus being attracted to Galloway version 2020) wouldn't be a huge surprise.

1 hour ago, qos_75 said:

Really?

Tell me what it is all about then. I must have misunderstood.

It's about being seen to do something, or being afraid as being seen to not do it.

It's why every single club feels they have to have their own one. If they're away on the weekend of it, the home team's stuff isn't sufficient. You have to have the whole dull procession of every single club having their own wreath and own silence and own memorial programme etc. It's a boring farce that long ago lost the original meaning once clubs felt compelled to do their own stuff, as they know there would be media backlash against them if they didn't.

Edited by DA Baracus

This is the nonsense heaped upon us now.

We can safely ignore Galloway and co's Tweets of desperation, but now we're defending ourselves on here over being some Unionist, jingoistic outfit, that no Queens fan would recognise or want.

It's bloody depressing.  I know we're obviously fair game after this performance, but some on here are being as opportunistic and dishonest as the fedora fool.

39 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

November 17th 2018 - the 3-3 game.  

I don't see any evidence of QotS being a unionist club in and of itself, but considering the members of the board are made of older, (I assume) fairly well off men in Dumfries and Galloway, being unionists (and thus being attracted to Galloway version 2020) wouldn't be a huge surprise.

Fair enough, that is your point of view.

I think I have been at Palmerston twice in the last 10 years at a (close to ) Remembrance Day game. I didn’t think any of the stuff was over the top. 

Similarly, I have been to Somerset and Starks (iirc) and they were similar. Not over the top but respectful. 

Maybe it is the way I read your post, after you edited it, but the way you described it, it sounded like it was full Orange Walk material.

Queens don’t generally attract Rangers or Celtic supporters. 

In terms of the board. Absolutely they are well off men in their own right. One of them is a year older than me. A good guy too and his family have a long association with the club. 

Do I know how each of them  vote?  No and I am not that interested either. 

Equally,  I am sure the board at every club are fairly well off. Would it surprise you if some of them  voted Tory? Probably not , but at the same time it is not a given that they do.

Absolutely, knock our club for their stupidity here. I will be shouting right by your side. However, to say the club leans this way or that in a political sense is nonsense.

Edited by qos_75

I'd just love to know how the conversation agreeing Galloway's attendance went.

GG: "Hey QoS Director, my family and I would quite like to attend a game seeing as my son might play for you sometime in the next 15 years"

QOSD: "Erm, we're not allowed to have spectators in the ground"

GG: "It's alright, I won't tell anyone, besides I've just bought a whopping five season tickets"

QOSD: "But aren't you a rampant self-publicist and total media whore?"

GG: "Well yes, but I'm a man of my word and I can assure you that I won't create a massive clusterfuck and throw your club aside like a used gym towel"

QOSD: "Well I suppose if you promise to keep quiet about it...."

GG: "Splendid"

GG: "On a total unrelated note are newspapers still sending photographers to games at the moment?"

29 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Poor poor decision

who are the board members who would have allowed such a decision to take place?

they need to be accountable and   Think about their supporters and not just their own selfish point of view 

Queens only have 3 board members... 

I thought Andrew Neil was clever, he's made himself look like a right tit because the only reason anyone knew George Galloway was at the football was because George Galloway told everyone. Amazing how a once fairly respected journalist can fall to screaming about conspiracy.

13 minutes ago, 101 said:

I thought Andrew Neil was clever, he's made himself look like a right tit because the only reason anyone knew George Galloway was at the football was because George Galloway told everyone. Amazing how a once fairly respected journalist can fall to screaming about conspiracy.

When was Andrew Neil respected? He was one of Murdoch’s attack dogs in the 80s, employed a Holocaust denier and seemed to be about the only person in London who didn’t know Pamela Bordes was a call girl.  Allegedly.