The Queen of the South thread

If you were to get relegated, if you were looking for a manager who's got a great track record of promoting full time sides and absolutely pissing theeague then there's one manager you'd want... 

With that in mind is it almost worth persevering with him? 

30 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Galloway has admitted he was an “official guest”, which is a fucking shambles

I've got to say that is extraordinary.

An explanation is surely owed for this.  

I'm surprised that clubs would even have the right to invite guests.

How did he manage to bring us so much success and provide the most exciting brand of football I have seen in my 50 plus years going to Palmerston, last time around ?
That's a head-scratcher. I've no idea how he got a group of superior full time players in a league full of garbage part time players playing so well.
Yep pretty clear from this Twitter thread that he was an invited guest of the club https://twitter.com/EuanMaxwell93/status/1343172205216215040
image.png.653bfbc4e3939a6da9d7f6daa356e0a0.png
Not that my support was really amounting to much these days anyway, but I will certainly be stepping back my support from the club until there are big changes at all levels of the management of the club.  Absolutely rotten to the core at present.  I don't think the board could be more detached from the fans if they tried.

That really is disgraceful. You've got fans who travel the length and breadth of Scotland every second week to follow QoS, a nice gesture from the club would be asking them to attend as a guest. And let's face it, we all know the names of those who follow through thick and thin so there's no reason the club couldn't find out. Instead, we invite a complete cretin who has put a post on Twitter about the club. Absolute fucking shambles.
If you were to get relegated, if you were looking for a manager who's got a great track record of promoting full time sides and absolutely pissing theeague then there's one manager you'd want... 
With that in mind is it almost worth persevering with him? 
No. Said this already, I don't want AJ there at all next season because if he does really well in League 1 he'd be given an extension for the next season and it's clear to see he's out his depth at this level.

19 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I suppose it now comes down to what's deemed acceptable for this season.  By that I mean it's a case of what the club can literally tolerate as a fate.

If we don't make managerial and several playing personnel changes in January, we're definitely getting relegated.  I wouldn't imagine that anybody in a position of power at the club fails to recognise that.

Given this season's unique circumstances, maybe that's a fate that the club can live with more readily, than one that would cost too much money to bring about, and carry no guarantees anyway.

Obviously, the current side is dreadful and needn't be this bad, even on a very tight budget.  We're here now though and the team is appalling.

Unappealing as it sounds, if the decision is simply that we need to put up with this and regroup later on in a different division, it's maybe not even the wrong one.

Totally agree! Even if we get relegated at least we will be in a position still to operate. Say we sacked Johnstone then hired a new person we would then have to pay off Johnston, pay the new management teams wages and even then we could be relegated which will be double jeopardy. This is a unique season and if we all just stopped moaning and tried backing the team to the hilt then who knows we might just survive. We are still only 1 win behind Alloa and Arbroath and in both those games neither team has beat us. Imagine we stayed up, rode the storm with a budget squad and came out of this in a healthy financial position compared to others. 

Considering the state we're in I think a reporter asking pertinent questions is well down the list of things that would be embarrassing to the club right now.   We've gone well beyond embarrassing both on and off the pitch for the past few seasons. 

This is a unique season and if we all just stopped moaning and tried backing the team to the hilt then who knows we might just survive. 

Do you honestly believe this nonsense? By your own logic, we are bottom of the league because a group of folk are moaning on Pie and Bovril?

There you go lads.Screenshot_20201227-134034_Twitter.thumb.jpeg.26c969d2cb01e58fb1084a4bebaee682.jpeg

He really is an arrogant w****r of a man.

The point is I think about him being invited as a guest during these Covid restrictions when all  other fans are being denied.  I've no doubt who he is is being played on more than if he'd been just some other person who we invited though. 

Genuine question because I don't know the answer and my assumptions up to now, have clearly been wrong:

What capacity does a club have to invite official guests in the current climate?  I'd thought the only people allowed in grounds would be very closely attached to the clubs involved.  Are various sponsors, minor or major, allowed to attend just now?

I'm trying to leave aside the fact that Galloway is a high profile, controversial figure here, even though that doesn't help.

5 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Whatever you think of George Galloway he has every right to support his local team.  I don't think much of Gordon Brown, the man who ruined so many retirements by raiding their pensions, not to mention selling off the country's gold at scrap iron prices  but I don't deny him his right to attend games, sit in the VIP section and support us.

Yes, but it's a little different right now.

You see, there's been this bug going around - I thought you might have heard about it.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

After 9 games, the Gus team had 8 points and a goal difference of minus 3 (9 for 12 against).
This shower have 4 points and a goal difference of minus 15 (10 for 25 against). 
So they have half the points total, have scored one more goal and have conceded 13 more.

In the games we have lost (which have been to all 7 of the full-time sides) the longest we have held out before going behind is 40 minutes. The shortest is less than 1 minute. The average is 18 minutes. The numbers are - 1, 12, 12, 19, 20, 20 and 40. (I have taken a goal conceded in, say 21 mins as meaning we held out for 20 mins).
Results against the 7 full-time teams P7 W0 D0 L7  7 goals scored 24 conceded, so conceding an average of 3.43 per game

And yet you can get Raith for half time/full time at decent odds still today. 7/4 on Sky Bet. Not sure about other sites.

Maybe it's because I'm not that political and I couldn't attend games even if they were open, but I don't see the big deal about George Galloway being let in tbh. I mean, I think he's an insignificant bam, but why does  it matter? Poorly judged from the board perhaps because there was always likely to be criticism, but does it really make a difference? Think that twitter account is taking it a bit far claiming to be a journo then saying "you're a disgrace". Oh well - it's never dull.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, but it's a little different right now.

You see, there's been this bug going around - I thought you might have heard about it.

But scouts from clubs all over Britian can show up? Our stand regularly has dozens of them.

And yet you can get Raith for half time/full time at decent odds still today. 7/4 on Sky Bet. Not sure about other sites.
Maybe it's because I'm not that political and I couldn't attend games even if they were open, but I don't see the big deal about George Galloway being let in tbh. I mean, I think he's an insignificant bam, but why does  it matter? Poorly judged from the board perhaps because there was always likely to be criticism, but does it really make a difference? Think that twitter account is taking it a bit far claiming to be a journo then saying "you're a disgrace". Oh well - it's never dull.
He is a journalist tbf.