The Queen of the South thread

Hes barely played since January 2015, so 19 months. You don't lose talent though, and hes far too good for this league, at 33 hes still not at an age you'd expect him to be struggling, MacLean is the same age for us, with a worse injury history, yet can last 90 minutes no bother

9 minutes ago, gogs said:

Agree what a lift brilliant just out of interest have dobbie and lyle ever been in the same team for us

No. Never been at the club at the same time. Dobbie joined us in January 07 and left in May 09. Lyle left us for the third time, (to go to Dundee) in August 06 and didn't return until August 12, long after Dobbie had gone.

Absolute legend! It's certainly made my mind up about going on Saturday. I last saw him play for Crystal Palace helping seal their play-off spot in Championship.

As per above, at 40 am I too old to get a strip with a name on the back?

Edited by TeeMan

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Genuinely can't believe this, I was actually shaking earlier when I found out.

Same, certainly the first Queens signing news has got me saying 'Holy Shit', he's getting on a bit but he was never someone that needed that much pace and I'd imagine the Scottish Championship will be a lot less physical  and a slower tempo than down south

1 minute ago, palmy_cammy said:

Just me that's scared he won't live up to his god-like status second time around then?

Regardless of how it goes, he's still the best player I've seen in a Queens shirt from the first spell. If he somehow  lives up to the unprecedented hype for a Queens player then he will only make his legacy stronger.

12 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Just me that's scared he won't live up to his god-like status second time around then?

No, it won't just be you.

I'd imagine it's nagging at the back of lots of our minds.  The excitement today overrides such doubts though.

It's not just that he was so effective before; it's that he was such a joy to watch.  

It does remain to be seen whether he can have the impact we all hope for, but even if he has half of it, he'll be strengthening our team massively.

Comparing the size of him now to when he was here first time, he surely can't have lost pace. And the touch will still be there.

We look incredibly strong up top now. Hopefully we can still get a decent left winger in as well.

This signing has bumped expectations, we have to be a play off contender now.