The Queen of the South thread

I'd be perfectly happy with Alloa!

Be happy with them at home but not away prefer to see us play someone different we have played them enough in the last few seasons

Alloa or Morton at home. Or Celtic for me. Like the look if dykes. Poor performance today though thought pickard and smith were poor today. But getting through is all that matters.

Have to agree Smith was very poor and pickard didnt do much either.

Where was Tapping and Rigg ?

I think Smith should start tomorrow against stenny
As said above Smith seems to have came in leaps and bounds since last season I've been to pretty much all pretty season games and he has impressed me

Hope today puts the smith option to bed. Off the bench is his best.

Very poor today

I think we have to hope that todays performance was a horrible one off because that was truly awful. A complete lack of quality throughout the team with only Dowie and Hamill showing anything like the form that will be necessary to compete in what will be an extremely tough Championship League. To give Hamill his due he was the one player who kept getting forward into dangerous areas and it was fitting that he should be responsible for the fortutious goal that got us through. Robinson came racing off his line on a couple of occasions which could have cost us and the midfield and forward players were devoid of any guile, skill or anticipation in their play. They all looked as if they didnt understand the offside rule - i dont think I have ever seen a Queens team being caught offside to this extent in any previous game. Pleased that Queens have qualified but warning bells ringing very loudly for our chances in Championship League with this squad. No question we need some quality players in before too long either on loan or permanent signings. 

I think we have to hope that todays performance was a horrible one off because that was truly awful. A complete lack of quality throughout the team with only Dowie and Hamill showing anything like the form that will be necessary to compete in what will be an extremely tough Championship League. To give Hamill his due he was the one player who kept getting forward into dangerous areas and it was fitting that he should be responsible for the fortutious goal that got us through. Robinson came racing off his line on a couple of occasions which could have cost us and the midfield and forward players were devoid of any guile, skill or anticipation in their play. They all looked as if they didnt understand the offside rule - i dont think I have ever seen a Queens team being caught offside to this extent in any previous game. Pleased that Queens have qualified but warning bells ringing very loudly for our chances in Championship League with this squad. No question we need some quality players in before too long either on loan or permanent signings. 

This. We definitely need another couple of decent players in. Today was a shocker hopefully just a one off though.

2 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Yes we can draw Patrick again.

It seems we get almost £30,000 for making the 2nd round.

Celtic away would do me not played them for years

Cheers,

Knew they were a seeded club, but thought there might have been something in place to stop us getting them in the next round.

Been reading here for a few weeks that we need a left sided midfielder well having attended my first game of the season today I am afraid to say we need half a team !!! We have nothing up front. Apart from Hamill no width of any note and why is 'Aaron Ramsey' playing so deep ? Hopefully a one of shocker I witnessed ! As some else mentioned I have never seen a team caught offside as often, it was schoolboy stuff at times. Saying all that I don't think it was just the south that had a bad day, the referee was appalling at best !!!

Absolutely awful performance .The other thing that concerns me (and hopefully all taxpayers) was the complete waste of money on SIX policemen doing the square root of nothing at the game .This has to be sorted out .There was 20 odd away fans I noticed the plods were sitting watching the game .It really is a joke .

Very poor today.

i agree with the earlier post about our almost complete inability to deal with a defence that played a more than predictable offside trap at every possible opportunity. It was as if we'd never come across the tactic before. Even on those occasions we stumbled through to goal side, we still usually failed to get a shot in.

if it wasn't for a flap from the stent keeper 0:0 was a stick on

Absolutely awful performance .The other thing that concerns me (and hopefully all taxpayers) was the complete waste of money on SIX policemen doing the square root of nothing at the game .This has to be sorted out .There was 20 odd away fans I noticed the plods were sitting watching the game .It really is a joke .

No doubt on overtime at the tax payers expense !!!

2 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

All of this.

It really was poor today.  It wasn't quite our strongest eleven, but wasn't that far from it either.  

I like the look of Hamill increasingly, but otherwise, nothing looked great today.  It's obviously early days, but it needs to be better than we offered today.

Still, 32 teams were in these groups and only 12 got through.  We should probably be pleased that we're there, but today felt a bit dispiriting.