The Queen of the South thread

We will have paid fees for several of the summer signings this season alone I'd imagine. Just in the same way we received development fees for our players.

A lot more money is transferred between clubs in Scotland than I think a lot of people appreciate. It's just because us paying a ten grand development fee doesn't quite create the same headlines as an EPL club spending £50 million.

Have just witnessed Smith's performance at cappielow tonight and suffice to say it was quite magnificent. Head and shoulders above anyone else on the park. Scored 3 and had 1 assist in a 5 -3 win. Full of energy, never gave up and caused there defence all sorts if problems. Best performance I've seen from a "development" player.

Compare that with Heffernon's 60 minute role (missing an open goal from 8 yards) and there's no doubt who should be in the squad for the foreseeable.

Well done young mr smith. A terrific prospect

Really happy with Gary Oliver on a pernament deal, someone who is quick and exciting, is what this team badly needs. Incidentally we've spend more money than Arsenal and Rangers today. #warchest

The Queens boardroom just now.

tumblr_l619cbTMCH1qztjn5o1_500.gif

Got more than enough good options up tops now. Lyle, Smith, Hilson, Coogans, Oliver and i still think heffernan could do a job in some games. But I think the main thing now is the injection of pace these two signings will add. As I've thought we were awful slow sometimes, but them plus the addition of Harris on the wing should hopefully change that.

Really happy with Gary Oliver on a pernament deal, someone who is quick and exciting, is what this team badly needs. Incidentally we've spend more money than Arsenal and Rangers today. #warchest

The Queens boardroom just now.

tumblr_l619cbTMCH1qztjn5o1_500.gif

post-17108-14411426594673_thumb.jpg

Did we. I`d always assumed he had been released by them.

It was reported at the time as an undisclosed fee rather than a free (see August 27th on the link). I may have made the actual fee up though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7536650.stm

Queens should get on the phone to jim white, deadline day scenes at palmy.

They'd be wasting their time hanging around Palmerston, there will have been nobody there since 5pm I expect. I've been disappointed by the lack of Sky Sports reporters I've needed to dodge all day outside my office though. If anyone's interested I'm now going home after a very long day. :)

They'd be wasting their time hanging around Palmerston, there will have been nobody there since 5pm I expect. I've been disappointed by the lack of Sky Sports reporters I've needed to dodge all day outside my office though. If anyone's interested I'm now going home after a very long day. :)

Brilliant pmsl Edited by gogs