The Queen of the South thread

A free kick 25 yard away where in the same match a QOS goal which couldve been ruled out for a Queens player taking out two players giving the Queens player a free header..... I know which one Id rather have

Damn , you have too good a memory.------- I don't necessarily think refs ( not all anyway) go out to make sure the old firm win . For starters , the old firm have been that far ahead of everyone for years that they dont need much help from the officials . When things have been a bit tricky though, refs have shown human weakness and taken the easy way out . In that I mean for example why anger 45,000 at Ibrox/Parkhead by denying a penalty if it means getting abuse by thousands of nutters and scrutinised by the Old Firm press. Their homes have also been attacked in the past don't forget . Far easier to deny a Motherwell claim or whatever and better for your refereeing career also. The incident on Sunday was a case in point for me . He would have been far more hesitant in sending a Rangers player straight off especially if they were not winning. As for us , instinctively he knows its only little Queens and it would blow over quickly if he did flash a straight red. It has been amusing in recent years when Celtic go out of Europe and their fans are slating whatever continental ref 'robbed' them. These officials have not cared less who Celtic were or thought they were and just officiated the game without any pressure at all. Often to Sellicks great unhappiness because they are just not used to not getting their own way ( when required) . Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Quote of the day from a punter on the Palmerston terrace

" Rangers bring on a boy from Spurs & we bring on a boy from Sandside " :)

I want the boy from Sandside to get a start on Saturday especially with Lyle out. At his young age , he is obviously raw but the boy has shown great appetite for the game. For a slight build he showed some very good body strength in holding off the challenge before netting on Sunday . He is getting there ! Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

I think the new signing is more going push heffernan down pecking order than aiden. Aiden has some serious talent, I've watched him a lot for 20s and he's done very well, for first team he's done alright and the management obviously like him. But the 20 minutes etc he's been getting also won't do him no harm.

30 appearance for airdrie 14 starts and 4 goals. Seems like a great signing. Hope I'm wrong.

You're kind of wrong, he hasnt signed! I could be wrong but as its a loan I dont think it would need to be completed today either - unless loans from different countries have to be done during the window, but I dont think they do

You're kind of wrong, he hasnt signed! I could be wrong but as its a loan I dont think it would need to be completed today either - unless loans from different countries have to be done during the window, but I dont think they do

I know he hasn't but if he does, not the kind of player I want to see signing. But like I said hope if he does sign in proved wrong.

From Official site

As the closing of the transfer window approaches it's been a busy day for the staff and management at Palmerston. Work is still going on with a view to getting another deal over the line before the window closes but we can confirm that paperwork has been completed and lodged with both FIFA and the SFA to bring in 18 year old former Airdrie striker Liam Coogans on loan from Huddersfield Town until January. That deal awaits international clearance and confirmation from FIFA though before it can be considered final.

Heading in the other direction, Steven Higgins has today left the club by mutual consent, as has Josh Scott from the u20 squad. Both will be free to find new clubs after the window closes having been released before then.