The Queen of the South thread

I either missed that or had forgotten :lol:

either way ...

Congrats :thumsup2

Thanks, now can you perform a full audit on the online shop as it's clear there are a number of items available in the shop that aren't available online. It's a disgrace...

I have brought this up a few times in the past about the lack of options on the club shop online,

I understand that it is volunteers that run it and I have great appreciation for what they do.

Someone like me that used to stay in Portsmouth until recently struggled to get much of a choice unless I got my family to go into the shop for me and pick it up and then send it to me,

As I say I'm not being critical I would just think the club would want to make as much profit as possible from the queens fans that can't get to dumfries very often.

And I will reiterate I greatly appreciate the time people give up to work in the shop but would just love a bit more choice, as even wee teams such as Stranraer and East Fife seem to have a better online shop than us with a lot more options.

Our next four league games are huge if we want to maintain our place in the top four. How many points would you be happy with from these games?

I would be pleased with 6-7 especially if we could get wins against Hibs and Raith and I do quietly fancy our chances of getting something off Sevco at home.

Our next four league games are huge if we want to maintain our place in the top four. How many points would you be happy with from these games?

I would be pleased with 6-7 especially if we could get wins against Hibs and Raith and I do quietly fancy our chances of getting something off Sevco at home.

At the start of the season I thought that if we were to get 4th then we could probably break the targets down roughly as follows:

The Big Three (Rangers, Hearts & Hibs) : If we could get a win and say three draws from 12 games we'd be doing ok. Target 6 points from 36.

The Part Timers (Dumbarton, Alloa & Cowdenbeath) : Any realistic designs on the playoffs meant getting at least 8 wins and 2 or 3 draws from these so target 27 points from 36.

The Full Timers (Falkirk, Raith & Livi) : We clearly need to win more than half the points to beat them to 4th so circa 20 from 36 would be the target.

Granted there may be grounds for swapping Livingston with either Dumbarton (on last season) or Alloa (so far this season) in that list but the theory remains the same. We're ahead of schedule generally on this.

Against the big 3 we've taken 3 from 9 so far, well ahead of average but on such a small sample, not saying much.

Against the Part timers we've now got 9 from 12 which is on schedule though the loss at Cowdenbeath was disappointing.

Against the Full timers we've got 9 from 15 which is slightly above average. Two draws with a Livi side 2nd from bottom is disappointing.

13 points per quarter will get us in and 12 may well be good enough this season with Hearts and Rangers winning most of their games. It might not even need as much as that. We got 14 in the 1st quarter and we've already got 7 from 9 in this one.

So yes, the next four are big games but we're not really under any pressure as such to get points in three of them. They are all worth the same points but as a direct rival for a playoff spot the Raith game is in many ways the biggest of the four. If we don't get 3 or more from these four then we'll need at least 4 out of 6 against Cowden and Alloa to make up for it.

At the start of the season I thought that if we were to get 4th then we could probably break the targets down roughly as follows:

The Big Three (Rangers, Hearts & Hibs) : If we could get a win and say three draws from 12 games we'd be doing ok. Target 6 points from 36.

The Part Timers (Dumbarton, Alloa & Cowdenbeath) : Any realistic designs on the playoffs meant getting at least 8 wins and 2 or 3 draws from these so target 27 points from 36.

The Full Timers (Falkirk, Raith & Livi) : We clearly need to win more than half the points to beat them to 4th so circa 20 from 36 would be the target.

Granted there may be grounds for swapping Livingston with either Dumbarton (on last season) or Alloa (so far this season) in that list but the theory remains the same. We're ahead of schedule generally on this.

Against the big 3 we've taken 3 from 9 so far, well ahead of average but on such a small sample, not saying much.

Against the Part timers we've now got 9 from 12 which is on schedule though the loss at Cowdenbeath was disappointing.

Against the Full timers we've got 9 from 15 which is slightly above average. Two draws with a Livi side 2nd from bottom is disappointing.

13 points per quarter will get us in and 12 may well be good enough this season with Hearts and Rangers winning most of their games. It might not even need as much as that. We got 14 in the 1st quarter and we've already got 7 from 9 in this one.

So yes, the next four are big games but we're not really under any pressure as such to get points in three of them. They are all worth the same points but as a direct rival for a playoff spot the Raith game is in many ways the biggest of the four. If we don't get 3 or more from these four then we'll need at least 4 out of 6 against Cowden and Alloa to make up for it.

That all seems fairly sound.

In the same way that Livingston or Alloa might switch 'station' though, so might Hibs. I know that they've got stronger lately, but I think it's fair at this stage to see Hibs as a potential rival in pursuit of a play-off spot. They're certainly not a title contender as things stand.

That all seems fairly sound. In the same way that Livingston or Alloa might switch 'station' though, so might Hibs. I know that they've got stronger lately, but I think it's fair at this stage to see Hibs as a potential rival in pursuit of a play-off spot. They're certainly not a title contender as things stand.

Hibs are weaker than I thought they'd be and nowhere near the quality of the other two but I don't think there's any real grounds to switch them with anyone. I never said they were a title contender but they are still one of the "big three" and I'd be very confident that come season's end they will be in the playoffs.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Every game this season is huge, don't you read Northfield's post in every pre-match thread?!

He has a point though. We're either playing the teams round about us, the results of which will go a long way to depending where we finish. One of the part-timers, where we are expected to win. Or one of the "big 3" which are high profile matches in front of larger crowds than normal.

We're on track for a highly memorable season, and with the cup draw being generous the potential is there for a tremendous one.

Shame, thought the boy had some real potential. Gone but not forgotten x

https://twitter.com/CalumAntell/status/532851880846958592

Chuckled at his tweet saying he hates it when the manager blames a ref after a defeat. I'd have thought in his position he'd be grateful his manager is blaming anyone other than him!!

Guest TOPFITTER

"Imagine turning up at the gym for your pt session, wearing your QoS top, and being told there is a new trainer today....."

And the shock as you unveil your Queens goalkeeper-kit and they tell you your trainer's name, when he meets you you extend your hand in time honoured manner and he "MISSES" it, cue much embarrasment !!! :oops