The Queen of the South thread

The Stewards are certainly aware of it. Whether they actually enforce it or just use a bit of common sense at times when the stand isn't busy I don't know.

No. The police decide if a fixture needs policing and to what level based on their risk assessments.

Sorry, ignore that! I got it the wrong way round. Ive seen people move from the stand to terrace. :ph34r:

The Stewards are certainly aware of it. Whether they actually enforce it or just use a bit of common sense at times when the stand isn't busy I don't know.

No. The police decide if a fixture needs policing and to what level based on their risk assessments.

I think they need to reassess their risk assessments then to stop ridiculous situations such as the Elgin game. There were more police and stewards than away fans in the away section.

I think they need to reassess their risk assessments then to stop ridiculous situations such as the Elgin game. There were more police and stewards than away fans in the away section.

That wouldn't have been hard then, the polis could have all come in the same car and still out numbered the 3 Elgin supporters. :P

I did think it was odd because I've actually seen them prevent people coming into the stand and I've been challenged myself (and rightly so).

What is the actual reason for them doing this? I've always found it bizarre that they won't let folk in to the main stand from anywhere else in the ground.

Whilst on the topic of stewarding and moving around. What is the reason for the stewards** closing the gate between the new stand and terracing at full time? If it's crowd congestion then it certainly isn't an improvement. In fact since they have started doing this it is more congested along the bottom of the new stand. Is there an actual Genuine safety reason for this or is it just another meaningless act of the jobs worth? Either way, it's taking far longer to get out the ground that way via the new stand and in all honesty I never had any problems exiting the terrace when I used to stand there. The only other reason I can think of is to prevent people leaving the east stand and heading through the terrace to exit at the 'tesco' end. But again, it's never been an issue before now. We are quite a civil set of supporters and if someone is heading towards you it's not difficult to take a step to the side.

** Or should I say steward. It's only ever one guy in particular I see doing this. The tall guy with white hair and beard who I've saw on a few occasions have a word with the kids in the new stand when they have been doing nothing wrong other than making a wee bit of noise; god forbid at a football match. Has he taken this act upon himself? He seems to enjoy telling folk they can't get through, pretty pathetic.

Interesting but also does he want see how fowler gets on tomorrow against worst team In league if he ain't offered it than it's very poor show in my opinion.

I can't say I agree. There's no denying Fowler has done well in the last two games and has certainly given the board something to think about. I don't think he's done anything to leave the board with no choice though. He got a point away against a very weaker Falkirk side (in comparison to last season) and he got us three points at home against Hibs, was there any QoS fans out there seriously surprised we beat Hibs though? They are not the team many expected.

I'm in no way criticising Fowler more defending the board for wanting to have a look at other candidates. Fowler has little to no experience of managing at this level. If the board had announced our next manager as someone in the exact same boat as Fowler, only at a different championship club, there would be uproar, so I think it's only fair they shop around.

I still believe the post will go to Fowler but the "next 24 hours" is a strange thing. If they were dead set on Fowler, offering him it right now would have little negative consequences. Telling him right now that he won't be getting it would most certainly have a negative effect before tomorrow's match. We'll see though.

Edited by 19QOS19

I can't say I agree. There's no denying Fowler has done well in the last two games and has certainly given the board something to think about. I don't think he's done anything to leave the board with no choice though. He got a point away against a very weaker Falkirk side (in comparison to last season) and he got us three points at home against Hibs, was there any QoS fans out there seriously surprised we beat Hibs though? They are not the team many expected.

I'm in no way criticising Fowler more defending the board for wanting to have a look at other candidates. Fowler has little to no experience of managing at this level. If the board had announced our next manager as someone in the exact same boat as Fowler, only at a different championship club, there would be uproar, so I think it's only fair they shop around.

I still believe the post will go to Fowler but the "next 24 hours" is a strange thing. If they were dead set on Fowler, offering him it right now would have little negative consequences. Telling him right now that he won't be getting it would most certainly have a negative effect before tomorrow's match. We'll see though.

It doesn't read like it will necessarily be announced in the next 24 hours. I'd also be amazed if the result at Cowdenbeath has anything to do with it Edited by Mr X

Whoever the other candidate is he better be a quality experienced manager because Fowler has done a great job and has the backing of the players which is a very big thing in football you need the manager to have the dressing room on his side cause it can make or break a clubs season.

Fowler surely must be given the role at least until the end of the season.

Fergusson No

Calderwood No

Aitken Yes

Butcher Yes

Locke Yes

McCall maybe

Fowler Deffo yes

Chisholm f**k off

Is there a suggestion that any of these names other than Fowler's are up for serious consideration, or is this wild speculation? Several of them make me physically unwell.

Is there a suggestion that any of these names other than Fowler's are up for serious consideration, or is this wild speculation? Several of them make me physically unwell.

Speculation mate. Not got a clue who the other guy is

Only one person on here knows who it is SD

Edited by DUMFRIES_CREW