The Queen of the South thread

People were slating Higgins while he played at left back. Right back we have Mitchell, Dowie, Hopper and Burns if required.

Higgins isn't going to get up and down the park the way Holt does but he's a competent full back defensively. He's at least as good a left back cover as Dowie is right back cover and he's played there more often over the years than Dowie has at right back. Slattery has far more experience of playing left back than Hooper has of right back. Burns hasn't played a game at right back since Ian McCall was in charge! McKenna has played it more recently than that.

I'd say we're marginally better covered at left back than right back.

He probably didn't enjoy playing for a team that was absolutely fucking shite last season.

Queens are a better team with a better manager, it really isn't hard to understand.

This c**t knows the score.

People were slating Higgins while he played at left back. Right back we have Mitchell, Dowie, Hopper and Burns if required.

And at left back we have Holt, Higgins, Slattery and Mitchell. Signing a left back to sit on the bench and watch Holt play 90% of the games would be a complete waste of a wage.

John Baird :lol:

And do you still have Mark Kerr? :lol:

Sorry, I think we've fresh run out of suitable rejects to drip-feed down your way. I suppose you can have Lee Mair though.

Fancy that . A good passer of the ball plays better and enjoys his football more on a perfectly flat surface than he did at Firhill coo field.

You'd think after over a year the Partick fans would have got over us shafting them in the Ramsden's Cup.
All this irrational behaviour certainly seems to go back to that great day when we beat them . Bloody enjoyable it was . In fact , it still is highly enjoyable .

Lots happening at Palmerston again in close season upgrading the capacity to around 10,000, by developing terregles st, snd a new upgraded playing surface to be installed too, it's all good news from Palmerston on & off the pitch at the moment.

With respect, I'll take Thistle and Dundee fans' opinion on Baird very lightly due to the fact he was in the SPL with them. He's proven in this league and that's the main thing. We won't win the league next season but if the unthinkable was to happen and we won it the year after, Baird would be out of contract and could be dropped in favour of a better option.

All pie in the sky talk of course. The facts are that Baird has signed a 2 year deal and is a proven goalscorer at this level. The opinions of said fans are irrelevant due to the step up in the quality. Good signing :)

Here's hoping John does well for us.

Lots happening at Palmerston again in close season upgrading the capacity to around 10,000, by developing terregles st, snd a new upgraded playing surface to be installed too, it's all good news from Palmerston on & off the pitch at the moment.

Can't see how that is possible.

The capacity was increased last season from 6412 to 7620 by getting a safety certificate for 898 fans on the Terregles Street terrace and increasing the capacity of the Portland Road terrace by 310.

To reach 10,000 would need a safety certificate for Terregles Street end for 3278!

With respect, I'll take Thistle and Dundee fans' opinion on Baird very lightly due to the fact he was in the SPL with them. He's proven in this league and that's the main thing. We won't win the league next season but if the unthinkable was to happen and we won it the year after, Baird would be out of contract and could be dropped in favour of a better option.

All pie in the sky talk of course. The facts are that Baird has signed a 2 year deal and is a proven goalscorer at this level. The opinions of said fans are irrelevant due to the step up in the quality. Good signing :)

Here's hoping John does well for us.

Exactly ,' horses for courses' being the appropiate saying . Baird is proven at this level and that's all that matters . This league is full of Championship standard players for good reason. Only two players of ours jump out at me when I think of guys that could step up. Kevin Holt ( maybe a year early ) and Mark Durnan . I suppose Gavin Reilly is another possibility but he is a bit off it yet .

Baird has always done well at this level.

I liked him at Raith but he was never a high scorer. However, he did score that goal against sevco.

2002-04 Clyde 1 (0)

2004-07 St Mirren 22 (4)

2006 Stenhousemuir (loan) 19 (5)

2007 Montrose (loan) 9 (5)

2007-09 Montrose 41 (20)

2009-10 Airdrie 43 (13)

2010-12 Raith 71 (23)

2012-13 Dundee 37 (4)

2013-14 Partick 13 (0)

2014 Raith 12 (7)