The Queen of the South thread

Great news about the guys signed up. What about some of the others?

I feel Danny has lost his way big time this season for whatever reason. I also get the feeling Gavin is going to turn out to be one of those players who never live up to their early promise! Would love to be wrong on that.

I feel Danny has lost his way big time this season for whatever reason. I also get the feeling Gavin is going to turn out to be one of those players who never live up to their early promise! Would love to be wrong on that.

It can go one of 2 ways for Gavin. With the right coaching, his decision making and finishing ability will need to be improved. He also needs to learn how to turn with his back to goal instead of just being cautious all the time and keeping it. Clark was the exact same at his age but last season saw him improve all aspects of his game. If in 5 years time Reilly's game still hasn't improved the chances are he will be nothing more than a reasonably successful lower league player in the mould of Stewart Kean etc

Hey guys, we're looking for a QOTS fan to write a "Worst XI" blog for us. We've had one from every other club in the Championship apart from you guys and Hamilton. I was wondering if anyone was interested?

It'll be pretty hard for somebody to whittle it down to 11.

Hey guys, we're looking for a QOTS fan to write a "Worst XI" blog for us. We've had one from every other club in the Championship apart from you guys and Hamilton. I was wondering if anyone was interested?

I'd quite like to give a go if it's still open.

It can go one of 2 ways for Gavin. With the right coaching, his decision making and finishing ability will need to be improved. He also needs to learn how to turn with his back to goal instead of just being cautious all the time and keeping it. Clark was the exact same at his age but last season saw him improve all aspects of his game. If in 5 years time Reilly's game still hasn't improved the chances are he will be nothing more than a reasonably successful lower league player in the mould of Stewart Kean etc

Thank you Doddsy, sure Gavin will be pleased to hear that.

It'll be pretty hard for somebody to whittle it down to 11.

I'll give it a go and start, Tam Brighton.

I would agree with this, both players don't seem to have progressed this season under McIntyre the way they were last year under Magic.

I'll give it a go and start, Tam Brighton.

Comfortably in the team, some good competition to join him up front though. I'd say just glancing at people to have played for Queens, Full Backs and Wingers are probably going to be the hardest seeing as we've largely been pretty steady in those positions.

Also any input or memories of certain players would be helpful. PM me if you think there is a player that should be in there (Preferably From this millennium)

Edited by Sloop John B

We've had far, far worse than Tom Brighton.

Indeed we have. This sort of thing will inevitably depend on age. Anyone who can remember Frank McGarvey's side finishing second bottom of the whole league, or Rowe and Eadie's being marooned at the bottom of the second division before Accies points deduction saved us shouldn't realistically have much need to look at the post-Connolly era, though I'm sure we'll get one or two suggestions from that period.