The Queen of the South thread

no got a scooby ^^^

^^^ Viewing Burns through QoS blue specs.

Look, Burns was an excellent player for QoS and an excellent Div1 player. I doubt you'll hear a QoS fan with a bad word against him. But whether he's been as much of a hit at Dunfermline in the SPL, well Grant228 isn't the first or only Pars fan to say no.

I would take Burns back in a minute . I thought from the first minute though that he would struggle a bit in the SPL. Lets face it , he makes up for a lack of technical ability by being an ' in your face player'. A very effective guy at Division One level but not so a grade up. ps The Pars must have a few of these kind of players .

I would take Burns back in a minute . I thought from the first minute though that he would struggle a bit in the SPL. Lets face it , he makes up for a lack of technical ability by being an ' in your face player'. A very effective guy at Division One level but not so a grade up. ps The Pars must have a few of these kind of players .

Aye, that we do sadly.

Well done to Queens today good result thought it was going to be a very good result at Aberdeen.

We MUST put the cup to the back of our minds now we have AYR to come first if i had a choice then i would take a win at Ayr rather than to win our cup tie.

I would like to win both but that is a big ask win at Ayr will do me.

There is a Queens player that I have said some less than complimentary things about . Maybe I have made unfair comparisons with those he replaced in the summer and previous past . He has had some poor games but so have plenty others in a team that has taken time to gel as a unit and fight even . One thing you get from him in spades is effort and I like that . Not one to hide when getting stick from the terraces and my respect has grown because of this . Has also nipped in with a few precious goals as well. Scott McLaughlan , I believe you are giving us everything you have and good on you

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

There is a Queens player that I have said some less than complimentary things about . Maybe I have made unfair comparisons with those he replaced in the summer and previous past . He has had some poor games but so have plenty others in a team that has taken time to gel as a unit and fight even . One thing you get from him in spades is effort and I like that . Not one to hide when getting stick from the terraces and my respect has grown because of this . Has also nipped in with a few precious goals as well. Scott McLaughlan , I believe you are giving us everything you have and good on you

Following on from your gem that Weatherston had great work-rate, I can only assume you have very low expectations of work-rate, or no idea what you're on about! Either that or you have blanked out the first half of the season (understandable, not a lot happened, we lost mostly).

McLaughlan is a very limited player, with a poor attitude. He does indeed get himself in some good scoring positions, and can't be far off our top scorer. He is ridiculously slow in returning to the position he is meant to be in after finding himself in these goalscoring positions though. In his defence I am certain that wide midfield isn't his strongest position, I'm not entirely sure where is though. His set-pieces are absolutely woeful as well.

As I said on the match thread though, the Aberdeen game was comfortably his best showing for us because he actually put in a shift. As it stands though he is one of the worst of a bad bunch and far from deserving special praise. All in my opinion of course.

Cammy - I put on an almost identical post on Queens mad . Somebody had the same opinion as you , others agreed with me and that's football for sure . You watch the same players as me but have conflicting opinions . Scott , for me , has finished off some moves very sweetly indeed and is top scorer. I am not pretending he is a great player because he isn't . Just think we should give a heavily critiscised player credit when due . By the way , I still stick by my view that DW was a hard w

Scott Campbell (@scottcam67) on twitter.

Good that he has gone as he clearly wasn't going to play again so good to be paying one wage less.

I pretty much agree, but it's a shame how wrong it's gone for him here.

He was pretty dominant in the air as promised on arrival, occasionally posing an attacking threat too. However his lack of pace left him very exposed and he just made too many bad mistakes, although he was hardly alone in that.

It collapsed quickly for him. From walking back into the team to being completely out in the cold, then ultimately released in the space of a handful of appearances.

I pretty much agree, but it's a shame how wrong it's gone for him here.

He was pretty dominant in the air as promised on arrival, occasionally posing an attacking threat too. However his lack of pace left him very exposed and he just made too many bad mistakes, although he was hardly alone in that.

It collapsed quickly for him. From walking back into the team to being completely out in the cold, then ultimately released in the space of a handful of appearances.

Im sorry that it did not work out for Mark Campbell as he has been through a lot in recent years, hoped he would be a pivotal part of our defence this season but from quite early on it was evident he was struggling. Good move for us and for him to be released.

Cammy - I put on an almost identical post on Queens mad . Somebody had the same opinion as you , others agreed with me and that's football for sure . You watch the same players as me but have conflicting opinions . Scott , for me , has finished off some moves very sweetly indeed and is top scorer. I am not pretending he is a great player because he isn't . Just think we should give a heavily critiscised player credit when due . By the way , I still stick by my view that DW was a hard w

I like to think I do give credit when it is due, and after the Aberdeen match McLaughlan got plenty from me, as did the whole team. He has a lot of work to do to erase the memories from earlier in the season though, where to me he looked lost, clueless and uninterested most of the time. I suppose they are claims that can be directed at a lot of the team though. I would say already that the PotS awards will be shared between Craig Reid and Stephen McKenna, our most consistent performers, and the only two who looked like their heart was in it earlier in the season.

Even more evidence for me today that refs have got it in for McKenna .There were far worse tackles getting unpunished than the one he got yellow for , especially by the assassin Ayr centre half. Its just something he will have to deal with. Gus subbed him after cautioned and I think it was to make sure we finished with eleven and have him for Tuesday . That was my take on it anyway

Even more evidence for me today that refs have got it in for McKenna .There were far worse tackles getting unpunished than the one he got yellow for , especially by the assassin Ayr centre half. Its just something he will have to deal with. Gus subbed him after cautioned and I think it was to make sure we finished with eleven and have him for Tuesday . That was my take on it anyway

Thought both the McKenna and Parkin bookings were very soft and pernickity from a referee who was I think doing his first game at this level and was probably trying to be absolute correct on everything for the observer. The only bad challenge in the game was the Malone one on Carmichael deservedly booked.

I don't think he was subbed because he was booked. He was probably having his worst game of the season and had been arguing with MacPherson from the pitch several times. Although the booking was probably the final straw. Even if he had been red carded for a second yellow it wouldn't have kept him out of Tuesday's game. Only a straight red for violent conduct or serious foul play would have done that.

Edited by Skyline Drifter