The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

"Queen of the South boss Harry Cochrane"?

Lot of responsibility for him at 22 to be fair. He's changed his haircut or something too.

Screenshot_20230526_134924_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Skyline Drifter

If he doesn’t know the players in question then management maybe isn’t for him, giving one was an opposition player and other been highly rated elsewhere for a while (not quite hit the heights). Also did similar before we signed Cammy Logan 

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Lot of responsibility for him at 22 to be fair. He's changed his haircut or something too.

Aye, good edit. I wasn't too sure about it either :lol:

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Er, that's my fault - trying to do too many things at once. I shall change it shortly! Thanks for highlighting it.

EDIT: Should (hopefully) be sorted now...

2 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

They got "Doonhamers" right at least.

Years ago - long before I worked down here - I used to make the same mistake highlighted earlier when doing previews for the St Mirren website 🤐

Edited by Stu

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

Er, that's my fault - trying to do too many things at once. I shall change it shortly! Thanks for highlighting it.

Years ago - long before I worked down here - I used to make the same mistake highlighted earlier when doing previews for the St Mirren website 🤐

Two staggering confessions!

The second is the worse one.

40 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Two staggering confessions!

The second is the worse one.

100%

Confusing Harry Cochrane and Marvin Bartley is an achievement but understandable.  Adding an excessive 'm' to Doonhamers is a crime serious enough to need dealt with in High Court. 

2 hours ago, qos1990 said:

If he doesn’t know the players in question then management maybe isn’t for him, giving one was an opposition player and other been highly rated elsewhere for a while (not quite hit the heights). Also did similar before we signed Cammy Logan 

He said he didnt know them, not that he didnt know of them.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

100%

Confusing Harry Cochrane and Marvin Bartley is an achievement but understandable.  Adding an excessive 'm' to Doonhamers is a crime serious enough to need dealt with in High Court. 

At the risk of digging a bigger hole for myself, I was trying to put two pictures into the article - one of Bartley and one of Cochrane (which I note doesn't appear in the article so I can't see if I captioned it Marvin Bartley or not) - and my brain has done something stupid. Who knows, maybe it didn't want Cochrane to feel left out because his picture wasn't appearing.

16 minutes ago, Stu said:

At the risk of digging a bigger hole for myself, I was trying to put two pictures into the article - one of Bartley and one of Cochrane (which I note doesn't appear in the article so I can't see if I captioned it Marvin Bartley or not) - and my brain has done something stupid. Who knows, maybe it didn't want Cochrane to feel left out because his picture wasn't appearing.

None of that addresses the rogue 'm'.

Now I know we all make mistakes in our youth, but this... this.  I haven't the words.

24 minutes ago, Stu said:

Like @Monkey Tennis says mate, you're defending yourself over the wrong crime. Bartley / Cochrane? Easy mistake to make, could have happened to anyone. Its fixed, no harm, no foul. 

The extra 'm' thing though......... hanging's too good for you really. Next you'll be abbreviating Nottingham Forest using an 's' instead of an 'm'. 😡

Sounds like pretty much every club is voting no to the Conference League proposal (going by the number of Club statements on Twitter). Have QoS made their intention public yet? 

58 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Sounds like pretty much every club is voting no to the Conference League proposal (going by the number of Club statements on Twitter). Have QoS made their intention public yet? 

Going by precedent, I'd imagine we'll astutely stand back and wait, to ensure that most clubs are taking a morally appropriate stance, then take the opposite one in a way we can't begin to defend.  With a bit of luck, we'll also publicly consult fans first, then completely ignore the virtually unanimous opinion that comes roaring back.

Looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

27 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Going by precedent, I'd imagine we'll astutely stand back and wait, to ensure that most clubs are taking a morally appropriate stance, then take the opposite one in a way we can't begin to defend.  With a bit of luck, we'll also publicly consult fans first, then completely ignore the virtually unanimous opinion that comes roaring back.

Looking forward to it.

I'm almost* over the last major vote the club had to make. I really hope they don't f**k this one up just as badly. 

*Almost. 

On 25/05/2023 at 11:22, lyle be back said:

I'm picking up subtle signals that people are annoyed by 'Doonhammers'. May be wrong though.

I'm getting that vibe too. 🙄

I suspect (as is often the case) that I may be in a magnificent minority of one here ... I mean, the poor spelling is of course annoying (especially if it's from a journo who should presumably have benefited from a reasonable education), but then I ask myself "how stressed should I be over this basic language error compared to things that really seriously stress me, such as (in no particular order): ..."

- being in a league that can only ever be won by two bloody teams

- Liz bloody Truss

- being able to watch England games on free to air TV but not Scotland games

- Boris bloody Johnston

- Overpaid mega star footballers kissing the badge

- Donald bloody Trump

- Innocent folk being blown to bits by Russian missiles whilst making breakfast in their kitchens in Ukraine

- Public loos being closed down (yes I am an old git now ...)

- having to play the same 9 bloody teams 4 boring times a season (and even more if drawn in cups)

- Jacob Rees bloody Mogg

- impatient car drivers squeezing past me and on-coming traffic at 50+ mph when I'm out on my bike

- Mad Vlad bloody Putin

- Leo bloody Messi crying on TV because Barcelona can no longer afford his obscene salary

- Reality TV shows

- A top league cartel that is designed to minimise promotion from below

- Sitting looking like Michelin Man with multiple layers of clothing on a wee plastic seat in January on a freezing cold day in a 90% empty fitba stadium unable to speak coherently by the 2nd half cos I'm shivering uncontrollably and still trying to enjoy the game

- etc etc etc ad infinitum ...

[... well, it is close season and there's precious little else to discuss ...]

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

I'm getting that vibe too. 🙄

I suspect (as is often the case) that I may be in a magnificent minority of one here ... I mean, the poor spelling is of course annoying (especially if it's from a journo who should presumably have benefited from a reasonable education), but then I ask myself "how stressed should I be over this basic language error compared to things that really seriously stress me, such as (in no particular order): ..."

- being in a league that can only ever be won by two bloody teams

- Liz bloody Truss

- being able to watch England games on free to air TV but not Scotland games

- Boris bloody Johnston

- Overpaid mega star footballers kissing the badge

- Donald bloody Trump

- Innocent folk being blown to bits by Russian missiles whilst making breakfast in their kitchens in Ukraine

- Public loos being closed down (yes I am an old git now ...)

- having to play the same 9 bloody teams 4 boring times a season (and even more if drawn in cups)

- Jacob Rees bloody Mogg

- impatient car drivers squeezing past me and on-coming traffic at 50+ mph when I'm out on my bike

- Mad Vlad bloody Putin

- Leo bloody Messi crying on TV because Barcelona can no longer afford his obscene salary

- Reality TV shows

- A top league cartel that is designed to minimise promotion from below

- Sitting looking like Michelin Man with multiple layers of clothing on a wee plastic seat in January on a freezing cold day in a 90% empty fitba stadium unable to speak coherently by the 2nd half cos I'm shivering uncontrollably and still trying to enjoy the game

- etc etc etc ad infinitum ...

[... well, it is close season and there's precious little else to discuss ...]

You flit between listing the trivial and the desperately sad and significant.  I'm not sure that doing so is serving your purposes that well here.

Of course, inserting an extra 'm' in the word 'Doonhamers' is not at all important.  It goes beyond spelling though.  It demands a mispronunciation that reveals a complete misunderstanding of the term. 

It still doesn't actually matter when set against events in Ukraine though. I think most of us can get that without the need of your assistance.

Edited by Monkey Tennis