The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

0B8043C0-9173-4C66-AB5B-C74E07AD0C4F.jpeg

He improved so much this season compared to last season. Think he'll benefit even more from training full time. He's not the quickest but always offers himself out wide and will give good balls into the box. His defensive work is where he could improve, main issue probably being allowing people too much space to get crosses in.

We ended up playing him at LCB before he got injured.

Best of luck to him, hope he takes his chance at full time football and kicks on.

2 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

"Doonhammers". Annoys me far more than it should! 

36 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Fair play to the club for acting on the two year deal. Harry became a very important player for us under MB. Hopefully will continue in that vein. 

Aye another one. I've had a go at the board for things in the past but credit where it's due, the 2 year deals speak volumes to me that they're trusting MB to build a squad and showing ambition of getting us back to the Championship. Really pleased with how things are going so far. 

Great business from Marvin and the club with these two signings.  Especially happy with Harry's two year contract, there's a class player in there if he can stay injury free.  Don't know much about the lad Church but he seems to be a good prospect and I'm sure will benefit from Marvin's own defensive experience/knowledge.  I'm enjoying this close season ... 🙂👍👏

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Don't apologise for the annoyance.  Such stuff infuriates me.

Embrace the rage.  It's noble.

Nah, it's just poor spelling ... not worth stressing about.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It annoys me intensely, And it should. It's lazy journalism. Bloody Scottish West Ham.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Don't apologise for the annoyance.  Such stuff infuriates me.

Embrace the rage.  It's noble.

Indeed.

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

It's not poor spelling, there's no circumstance in which you'd spell "Doonhamers" with two m's. You can bet they wouldn't be referring to the Jam Tartts or the Buoys.

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Great business from Marvin and the club with these two signings.  Especially happy with Harry's two year contract, there's a class player in there if he can stay injury free.  Don't know much about the lad Church but he seems to be a good prospect and I'm sure will benefit from Marvin's own defensive experience/knowledge.  I'm enjoying this close season ... 🙂👍👏

Just so we're clear, we have not at this point signed Daniel Church.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

5 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

If "Doonhammers" is a typo then I hope the "Bartley's last summer signing"  at the end is a typo too. I hope he has a good bit of business to do yet. 

Good news about Cochrane too, I wasn't a fan early on but he's proving to be a valuable player. Only hope he can steer clear of injury. 

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

This is a simply disgraceful take.  

Spelling errors are forgivable.  This is not a spelling issue  'Doonhammers' makes a different noise from 'Doonhamers '.  I can think of few things quite as worthy of stressing about.  

9 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This is a simply disgraceful take.  

Spelling errors are forgivable.  This is not a spelling issue  'Doonhammers' makes a different noise from 'Doonhamers '.  I can think of few things quite as worthy of stressing about.  

Smacks to me of rather sloppy journalism. I can imagine they’re under pressure of time but they’re paid to write ffs.

Delighted to get Cochrane signed up again and on a two year deal. Definitely someone that looked better and more settled after MBs arrival. Think it always helps with other signings later in the summer if players have choices and they see good players committing to the QoS 'project'

"Doonhammers" is a massive bug bear of mine. Not forgivable as a spelling mistake just plain ignorance!

Edited by DoonhamerDon

Good to see Cochrane sign on again was the major improvement from when MB came in. He is still a young lad hopefully he can kickmon and help us challenge for promotion. Church from Alloa always impressed when he played against us and young enough to improve back in a full time environment. Fully expect Robertson from Edinburgh to be one of our new players.