The Queen of the South thread

42 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Saw that picture of Paton on the Queens twitter feed and thought he must have re-signed!

Oh well...

Doesn't look like either of the two new signings that Marv had been hoping to announce this week have come to fruition yet.

Oh well...

Plenty of time players will be in no hurry to sign anything just now will all wait to see if any other offers come in.

54 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Cochrane, East, Paton, Dabrowski and Todd away I am hearing. Muir and McMahon rejected new deals. 

Hearing from who?

If this is true which I doubt, albeit I expect Paton to be gone and Dabrowski isn’t our player anyway  then we have a major rebuild on our hands if Cochrane East and Todd are all away. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

6 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Cochrane, East, Paton, Dabrowski and Todd away I am hearing. Muir and McMahon rejected new deals. 

Cochrane and East would be disappointing. Expected dabrowski and Paton away, Todd not fussed about

8 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Obviously Paton will be gone and Dabrowski was only on loan. Cochrane would be a miss the rest not to bothered about East a converted Striker to CB, Todd Midfielder past his best. Muir & Mcmahon not broke thu yet not likely too prob end up at Annan. 

9 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

If true, only surprise/disappointment for me would be Cochrane.  I've been expecting huge changes this summer.  Going to be so interesting to see who Bartley is able to bring in and hoping for some surprises in there (and hopefully not Efe Ambrose!!!).

7 hours ago, the philosopher said:

OK Doonhamers who do you want - Annan or Clyde ?

For the club, for the fans, for the town ... it has to be Annan, no brainer.

For me personally ... Clyde (Hamilton) are only 7 miles down the hill from where I live.

10 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

If true, then it takes the rebuild to another level. Perhaps that is what's needed but I quite liked the idea of a midfield comprising Wilson, Cochrane and Todd.

51 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

If true, then it takes the rebuild to another level. Perhaps that is what's needed but I quite liked the idea of a midfield comprising Wilson, Cochrane and Todd.

But the manager only played it once. It was always Cochrane or Wilson since he came in. Anyone heard what is happening with Wilson?

3 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Anyone heard what is happening with Wilson?

IF he has the rumoured clause in his contract about being free to leave if we didn’t get promoted, then I’m guessing he’ll be waiting to see if any offers come his way.

Edited by Dougie Mills

12 hours ago, the philosopher said:

OK Doonhamers who do you want - Annan or Clyde ?

Definitely Annan.  

The derbies would add something to the season.

Even if we weren't in the division immediately above though, I'd still be wanting to see Annan promoted.

2 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

Marvin at the Hamilton game today with Efe Ambrose. Would take Efe here next season if he’s not done. 

Oh God, it's happening after all ...

3 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

Marvin at the Hamilton game today with Efe Ambrose. Would take Efe here next season if he’s not done. 

Never been a fan of him even at his 'peak' tbh. I'm hoping he's just pals with Bartley. 

1 minute ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Efe would be a good mentor for young Jack to play alongside, wonder if Efe comes in as player/ assistant manager... 

I would’ve taken efe with Brydon East either side. I’d think so was previously his assistant at livi so makes sense 

19 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

All will still be negotiating  new contracts far to early to say anyone is away. 

Paton has said he has no idea yet what his future is .

Dabrowski has still to find out if he will be offered anything at Hibs.

Last season East and Connelly signed late June most players like to wait and  see what offers come in .