The Queen of the South thread

32 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A strong finish will obviously help morale, but this will have to go down as an awful season, missing out on the top 4 while remaining full time.

Aye, ok, ok I don't disagree ... but jeezo man did you have to remind us ... there I was feeling good and positive for a change late on a Saturday afternoon ... I mean, Scotland even scored 3 goals too ... I was even smiling ...

41 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, ok, ok I don't disagree ... but jeezo man did you have to remind us ... there I was feeling good and positive for a change late on a Saturday afternoon ... I mean, Scotland even scored 3 goals too ... I was even smiling ...

I pretty much see it as what I'm for.

I realise it all comes down to potential sales income at the end of the day, but I really, really hope we keep that all black strip in some form for next season (albeit with another hidden sponsor's logo).

3 hours ago, Slipmat said:

I realise it all comes down to potential sales income at the end of the day, but I really, really hope we keep that all black strip in some form for next season (albeit with another hidden sponsor's logo).

Yeah it's very nice. I also like the light blue away shirt.

On 26/03/2023 at 17:07, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Yeah it's very nice. I also like the light blue away shirt.

I agree. I also think the home shirt this year is great. Simple design is always best imho. And good to see no red anywhere in any of the strips. Always a concern, that.

Was having a look on your site for a ticket for Saturday, as far as i can see an old codger like myself can get a ticket for£6 is that correct, seems good value even for what we have had to suffer this year. I did have a ticket for our previous game at Palmerston but was the victim that got stuck for 2hrs between the bridge & Edinburgh so had to turn round and went to Kelty/Clyde game on my way back up the road. One of the very few grounds i have not been to so even given our poor form am looking forward to our visit. Is it ticket only or do you have cash gate as well?

7 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Was having a look on your site for a ticket for Saturday, as far as i can see an old codger like myself can get a ticket for£6 is that correct, seems good value even for what we have had to suffer this year. I did have a ticket for our previous game at Palmerston but was the victim that got stuck for 2hrs between the bridge & Edinburgh so had to turn round and went to Kelty/Clyde game on my way back up the road. One of the very few grounds i have not been to so even given our poor form am looking forward to our visit. Is it ticket only or do you have cash gate as well?

No, that should be £10

Eta - you can buy tickets on the day but the ticket office is the opposite side of the ground from the away turnstile, so buying online is easier 

Edited by Homer Thompson

5 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Where are you seeing £6? That's not a price for anything these days. If you are a non disabled pensioner then the price is £10.

There's no 'cash gate' but there is a ticket office in the QoS Arena (behind the home end of the ground) where you can buy a printed QR code for cash on the day if you insist. It is much quicker and easier to buy online though.

And don't travel via Edinburgh!

18 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Where are you seeing £6? That's not a price for anything these days. If you are a non disabled pensioner then the price is £10.

There's no 'cash gate' but there is a ticket office in the QoS Arena (behind the home end of the ground) where you can buy a printed QR code for cash on the day if you insist. It is much quicker and easier to buy online though.

And don't travel via Edinburgh!

Thats my £10 ticket now bought & printed, hopefully i get the chance to use it this time. There was conflicting ideas about my choice of route the last time, did not know at the i could not get over to the by-pass as southbound motorway was closed which meant everything came to a standstill. Think the team bus was held up going the other way by Glasgow so you never know. Stayed in a hotel in the town years back for a weeks golf but cant remember its name, had a look round outside the ground but no home games on at that time so will be breaking new ground on Saturday.

14 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Thats my £10 ticket now bought & printed, hopefully i get the chance to use it this time. There was conflicting ideas about my choice of route the last time, did not know at the i could not get over to the by-pass as southbound motorway was closed which meant everything came to a standstill. Think the team bus was held up going the other way by Glasgow so you never know. Stayed in a hotel in the town years back for a weeks golf but cant remember its name, had a look round outside the ground but no home games on at that time so will be breaking new ground on Saturday.

Enjoy your visit @peternapper (but hopefully not the result)! 👍

Whilst on the theme of our "ghost" who turned in an apparent MOTM performance on his second half showing on Friday.  I do seem to recall that he's done similar before at the tail end of a season with us.  Was it his last season with us before he signed for Partick?  I think he was starting to turn in some decent performances then also.  Those less charitable might suggest that his performance level tends to improve when his contract draws to a close and he's either seeking an extension or to attract the attention of future suitors.  I think this is what's frustrating with him, we know there is a player in there but it just doesn't surface for long periods in the season.

NB - just watched the goals from Friday night, his was a belter of a strike tbf!

3 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Whilst on the theme of our "ghost" who turned in an apparent MOTM performance on his second half showing on Friday.  I do seem to recall that he's done similar before at the tail end of a season with us.  Was it his last season with us before he signed for Partick?  I think he was starting to turn in some decent performances then also.  Those less charitable might suggest that his performance level tends to improve when his contract draws to a close and he's either seeking an extension or to attract the attention of future suitors.  I think this is what's frustrating with him, we know there is a player in there but it just doesn't surface for long periods in the season.

NB - just watched the goals from Friday night, his was a belter of a strike tbf!

If I've said anything positive about him it's that he has a decent strike on him. Which has made it all the more frustrating when he's had the chance to shoot in games and decided not to. 

Tbh I'm fully expecting him to be handed a contract by MB and he'd be daft not to take it as he isn't going much higher than us now I'm afraid. He may very well rock up at Darvel if he has a shrewd agent. 

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

... Tbh I'm fully expecting him to be handed a contract by MB ...

This is what I expect - he'll do a half-decent Andres Iniesta midfield impersonation in our last 6 games and Marvin will slap a contract in front of him - then he'll disappear again until March 2024.  I'd like him to prove me wrong though ...

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

If I've said anything positive about him it's that he has a decent strike on him. Which has made it all the more frustrating when he's had the chance to shoot in games and decided not to. 

Tbh I'm fully expecting him to be handed a contract by MB and he'd be daft not to take it as he isn't going much higher than us now I'm afraid. He may very well rock up at Darvel if he has a shrewd agent. 

I can understand your frustrations with him, but he had a cracking half hour on Friday and fully deserves his place in the team of the week. 0-0 when he came on and it was Murray who absolutely turned the game. 

Unpopular opinion, but I don’t think he’s been much worse than any others this season. Going on this season alone, he’s been more effective than Connelly. He’s our second top goalscorer as well.  

I expect he’ll start on Saturday and deservedly so.  

1 hour ago, JK_Queens said:

I can understand your frustrations with him, but he had a cracking half hour on Friday and fully deserves his place in the team of the week. 0-0 when he came on and it was Murray who absolutely turned the game. 

Unpopular opinion, but I don’t think he’s been much worse than any others this season. Going on this season alone, he’s been more effective than Connelly. He’s our second top goalscorer as well.  

I expect he’ll start on Saturday and deservedly so.  

I think he hides too often tbh. I've seen enough of him now to decide he's a player I just don't rate anymore. I fully expect he'll be kept on though and if so hopefully MB can bring out the best in him but I won't hold my breath. 

He's our second top goalscorer yes but only just. He's on 9 and Connelly is on 8. Murray has had 20 starts to Connelly's 12 though* so I'd argue the stats look better on Connelly and I'd argue that if the latter had played more often or in place of Murray then he'd have a better goal return. I think Connelly is a far better player than him but for whatever reason hasn't got the nod as often this season. The rumour that Murray is brilliant in training is probably accurate as his performances have been shite more often than not IMO. 

* Not 100% accurate in regards to starts. Can't get much info on the league cup games tbh and couldn't be arsed scouring about for them :lol:

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think he hides too often tbh. I've seen enough of him now to decide he's a player I just don't rate anymore. I fully expect he'll be kept on though and if so hopefully MB can bring out the best in him but I won't hold my breath. 

He's our second top goalscorer yes but only just. He's on 9 and Connelly is on 8. Murray has had 20 starts to Connelly's 12 though* so I'd argue the stats look better on Connelly and I'd argue that if the latter had played more often or in place of Murray then he'd have a better goal return. I think Connelly is a far better player than him but for whatever reason hasn't got the nod as often this season. The rumour that Murray is brilliant in training is probably accurate as his performances have been shite more often than not IMO. 

* Not 100% accurate in regards to starts. Can't get much info on the league cup games tbh and couldn't be arsed scouring about for them :lol:

Both started all five league cup games.

33 minutes ago, Dudleyghu said:

Looks like Paton signed a pre contract today. Will be very hard to replace! Think we’ll all be in agreement though that he’s in the top 5 best strikers we’ve had. 

With who??