The Queen of the South thread

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

4 league games unbeaten: something we failed to do under WG. Long may this lack of improvement under MB continue...

It is maybe coming together a bit.  Let's hope so.

If we hadn't dropped points from strong positions in both home games against Alloa, we'd be well placed now.  I know all clubs could probably point to particular games, but those, especially the first one, which ended 1-1, were fairly extreme examples of us blowing it at home.

It still looks very likely that we'll miss out, but it's nice to feel a bit more upbeat about it all.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

4 league games unbeaten: something we failed to do under WG. Long may this lack of improvement under MB continue...

He must be in with a shout of being named Manager Of The Month.  To do that with this squad would be some achievement.  I'm liking him more and more 😍

I just asked on the match thread, so apologies if you're getting a sense of deja-vu reading this here, but does anyone know if we've managed five wins vs the same team in one season before?

Two wins out of two, back to back for first time this season? 4 unbeaten. Definite progress, and I was firmly on the the fence, but credit where it’s due.  But there only going to get bigger each week, if we are to sneak into the play offs 

26 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

He must be in with a shout of being named Manager Of The Month.  To do that with this squad would be some achievement.  I'm liking him more and more 😍

I just asked on the match thread, so apologies if you're getting a sense of deja-vu reading this here, but does anyone know if we've managed five wins vs the same team in one season before?

I wondered if we might have beaten Arbroath 5 times in the season when we were last in league one. We did beat them in the Challenge Cup (possibly after extra time) but on checking we won 3 and drew 1 of the league games.

This is such a bizarre league. I’d say there hasn’t been too much between Queens and Airdrie this season across the three games, with Queens edging it on performances and results. Queens have then went and beat Edinburgh five times, convincingly so most of the time, whereas Edinburgh have beat us 6-0, 3-1 and 5-3 (where we were 2-0 up) :lol: 

It’ll be interesting to see the league table after next weekend’s fixtures. At least one of Airdrie and Alloa will drop points, same for Edinburgh and Montrose, and Peterhead are exactly who you want to play in that situation, even if it is at home.  

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

Two wins out of two, back to back for first time this season? 4 unbeaten. Definite progress, and I was firmly on the the fence, but credit where it’s due.  But there only going to get bigger each week, if we are to sneak into the play offs 

Marvin showing his talent making a silk purse out of a sows ear

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

It’s about us giving him time and support. I think Marv could be a class act. If the Board support him and he uses his contacts next season could be exciting for us. No Dunfermline either

Much more fun spending time trying to work out elaborate playoff permutations than wishing the season away - thanks Marvin 👍

We will come up just short but signs of improvement clearly there.

That's 16 points from Bartley's 9 games in charge now. Replicate that form across the season you're at 64 points. Not enough to win the league but enough to probably be comfortable playoffs behind Dunfermline and Falkirk which is where most fans had us aiming for at the start of the season.

Two good post match interviews there from Marvin and Ruari, cheers Sandra. 👌

Really enjoy listening to Paton, he's entertaining and you sense his passion for the game, so refreshing and you get a sense of his humour too which is great for a good dressing room. Great to hear him describe Marvin as "a great human". Top man Ruari, would be great if we could hold on to him next season.

Yes two good interviews post match. Paton, because of his work rate and passion for the team, is someone we really need to keep for next year's campaign. Okay he misses a few chances but given the right service he will put away more than he misses.

13 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

I enjoyed that tonight. Absolutely garbage view from the stands, usually I wouldn't grumble about such a thing.

Very good second half and some tidy goals.

It’s undoubtedly the worst ground for watching football in the SPFL. You need a telescope to follow the action and the lack of ticketing info and general confusion re seating was frustrating. Also surprised by the lack of announcements which didn’t help. Great result though and I did enjoy the junior casuals away behind the goals.

Edited by louisxiv

Alloa winning this afternoon was always likely, but it's still a blow.

I can't see us getting there.  We've too much to do.

A strong finish will obviously help morale, but this will have to go down as an awful season, missing out on the top 4 while remaining full time.

25 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Alloa winning this afternoon was always likely, but it's still a blow.

I can't see us getting there.  We've too much to do.

A strong finish will obviously help morale, but this will have to go down as an awful season, missing out on the top 4 while remaining full time.

WG era and recruitment disastrous. Now rapidly improving. How Bartley can coach this lot to our current level is beyond me. Over the piece a terrible result given FT but a game of two halves and have to be positive and optimistic for next season. Even if hope of the playoff for another 2-3 games is something where with Gibson I was sure that we would be third bottom.