The Queen of the South thread

MWNB simply expressed his disappointment that Bartley's arrival hasn't brought about the levels of improvement he had expected.  I have re-read the post a number of times and cannot for the life of me see what Highland Queen may have interpreted to be a xenophobic overtone.

On 16/03/2023 at 11:56, HighlandQueen said:

MB is a chap who hails from a different country and location to that of most prototypical managers in this league. Hence my comment. We are lucky to have such an intelligent guy in charge. I keep saying give him a chance to get his own people in then judge him. I know it’s frustrating but we are where we are. I personally think it will prove a good move rather than a Yogi Hughes or Jim McIntyre style appointment. 

He's from Reading, England, not the other side of the world!

A quarter of all managers currently employed in the four senior leagues in Scotland were born outwith Scotland.  At least three others are actually... English!  Unlike them, Marvin has been settled in Scotland for the past 8 years.  His circumstances aren't as unique as you make them out to be.

Piece by Harry Cochrane in today's Daily Ranger ahead of the Falkirk game. Basically saying that Bartley has brought a more professional approach to training and match preparation, things like banning the use of mobile phones in the dressing room, introducing hydration tests and ice baths for recuperation, generally setting higher standards. Cochrane feels personally he's playing the best since he arrived because he's getting more game time under Bartley. Promotion play-offs can still be reached he thinks but obviously results must improve quickly. 

If I could do a link it would have  save me a lot of typing but I can't. 

7 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yeah, still not good enough.

Others have explained why.

I’m bored by the debate. You have my stance. I stand by it. Great that others don’t agree. Move on….I’m in Ohio today so not at the game but just hope we win. I will follow by updates. 

44 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

I’m bored by the debate. You have my stance. I stand by it. Great that others don’t agree. Move on….I’m in Ohio today so not at the game but just hope we win. I will follow by updates. 

You are projecting your own prejudices on to others, you xenophobe.

Not nice, is it?

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Piece by Harry Cochrane in today's Daily Ranger ahead of the Falkirk game. Basically saying that Bartley has brought a more professional approach to training and match preparation, things like banning the use of mobile phones in the dressing room, introducing hydration tests and ice baths for recuperation, generally setting higher standards. Cochrane feels personally he's playing the best since he arrived because he's getting more game time under Bartley. Promotion play-offs can still be reached he thinks but obviously results must improve quickly. 

If I could do a link it would have  save me a lot of typing but I can't. 

That was kinda tempting fate - he's benched today!

Good feedback on Marvin though.

3 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

It was good today.

You've behaved like a bit of a dick over this though.  You can't just accuse someone of xenophobia without offering a shred of evidence, then double down on it.

Standing by a "stance" you can't support is utterly pathetic.

Normally I am on here on a Saturday night moaning about another poor performance but not tonight .

That is exactly what we have been waiting for all season if only we could play like that every week . Well organised at the back a threat going forward actually using McKechnie pace to our advantage.

Every player gave 100% probably won more tackles today than in  the last few games. 

Wilson and Connelly make a huge difference.

Now to try and keep that level of performance every week that is the difficult part .

2 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

🤣😂🤣😂 Well done to Bartley today. The difference Connelly and Wilson make is huge. He got it tactically spot on and did not allow Falkirk to play. 👏👏

I thought Wilson took a while to get going today but then turned into the spider again and his legs were everywhere. As good as Connelly has been in months. Was a frustrating performance as well though. The number of times he chose the right pass but the execution was slightly short was unlucky. He has to start for the rest of the season though, brings far more than Murray ever has. Cochrane picked up where he left off when he came on. 

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I thought Wilson took a while to get going today but then turned into the spider again and his legs were everywhere. As good as Connelly has been in months. Was a frustrating performance as well though. The number of times he chose the right pass but the execution was slightly short was unlucky. He has to start for the rest of the season though, brings far more than Murray ever has. Cochrane picked up where he left off when he came on. 

Personally would play Wilson and Cochrane 

16 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

What was the shout over the tannoy near the end when the Falkirk boy took a dive in the box by the way?

Think it was just Alex shouting "Dive, Dive, Dive". Found it quite funny tbh. He did something similar a few weeks back. I think he's past caring :lol:

12 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Not a sizeable crowd considering Falkirk always take a good support

are the Qos supporters falling away 

probably should be a part time club going forward?

The BoD obviously think it's still doable if they're offering 2 year FT contracts. Unless the plan is hybrid. 

13 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Not a sizeable crowd considering Falkirk always take a good support

are the Qos supporters falling away 

probably should be a part time club going forward?

Poor season, meaningless game etc etc doesn’t exactly attract the floating fan.

37 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

What was the shout over the tannoy near the end when the Falkirk boy took a dive in the box by the way?

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Think it was just Alex shouting "Dive, Dive, Dive". Found it quite funny tbh. He did something similar a few weeks back. I think he's past caring :lol:

Just been sent this. 

Hopefully he was intending to go after today and it's nothing more than that. I thought he could be a bit slow with subs etc. at times but the guy has been the voice of Palmerston ever since I was a wee one. It'll be strange not hearing him. All the best if you read this page, Alex. 

IMG-20230318-WA0013.jpg

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just been sent this. 

Hopefully he was intending to go after today and it's nothing more than that. I thought he could be a bit slow with subs etc. at times but the guy has been the voice of Palmerston ever since I was a wee one. It'll be strange not hearing him. All the best if you read this page, Alex. 

IMG-20230318-WA0013.jpg

Aye big shame, he'll be missed. Always used to love his Shrek "what're you doing in my swamp" extract when we hit teams for a few goals in a game - remember those days?

Enjoy your retirement! 👍