The Queen of the South thread

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

He's a troll OB. He's had the same schtick from Day 1 when he went under a different username. If he has an "issue" it'll be OCD as it was the same shite every single week. I assume it's the same thing now. Blocking him is the best thing to do as he offers absolutely nothing constructive to any conversation and it's a waste of time reading his posts. 

I agree

10 hours ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

I am sure he did this a couple weeks ago, something about he's not injured but Bartley wants him to be fitter before he starts playing again, as he's been rushed back before when not injured but not fully fit and that just contributed to him picking up more injuries.

He does not want Wilson he will be gone at end of season as well. 100 %

11 hours ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

I am sure he did this a couple weeks ago, something about he's not injured but Bartley wants him to be fitter before he starts playing again, as he's been rushed back before when not injured but not fully fit and that just contributed to him picking up more injuries.

I can see the logic but if he's fit to play in reserve games surely giving him a bit of game time in 1st team games wouldn't be a bad thing, or does no-one tackle him in reserve games. I'm not sure why he's even being named as sub if he's not going to get any game time. 

Bartley now has to freshen things up as if that's what he gets when he is loyal to players. Everyone knows my feelings on Murray. But Todd surely must be close to being left out. I thought the whole midfield were poor on Saturday and Clyde bullied is all over the park. Can't rely to heavily on McKechnie and personally I think Lewis needs a rest. Paton is lone wolf up front but that's the way Bartley is playing. Logan still has to convince to soft for me. You see how well WG is playing for Annan as well. We all want the season to end but the manager still has a long way to go in my opinion. It's always everyone else's fault. Take some responsibility man you have all week with these players. 

1 hour ago, Manwithnoball said:

Bartley now has to freshen things up as if that's what he gets when he is loyal to players. Everyone knows my feelings on Murray. But Todd surely must be close to being left out. I thought the whole midfield were poor on Saturday and Clyde bullied is all over the park. Can't rely to heavily on McKechnie and personally I think Lewis needs a rest. Paton is lone wolf up front but that's the way Bartley is playing. Logan still has to convince to soft for me. You see how well WG is playing for Annan as well. We all want the season to end but the manager still has a long way to go in my opinion. It's always everyone else's fault. Take some responsibility man you have all week with these players. 

The squad is a lost cause.. 

The excitement watching Queen's isn't about the result or how well we might play, it's the utter relief it's another step closer to the end of the season and a clear out. 

1 hour ago, Manwithnoball said:

What absolute sense you speak. I listened to Bartley on radio this morning oh dear. It’s like listening to Beale, Mckinnon

EVEN got a tune from a very very poor Forfar side immediately? 

3 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Freshen it up with who? The squad is pish! Wilson is the only one who should be featuring more going by his past performances. I've been a big fan of Connelly but he's done very little of note when he has come on. Of this underperforming squad, who would you keep next season? 

1 hour ago, annan4eva said:

What absolute sense you speak. I listened to Bartley on radio this morning oh dear. It’s like listening to Beale, Mckinnon

EVEN got a tune from a very very poor Forfar side immediately? 

Well if you'd behaved yourself you'd still be in charge, Wullie. Can't blame Bartley for that. 

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Freshen it up with who? The squad is pish! Wilson is the only one who should be featuring more going by his past performances. I've been a big fan of Connelly but he's done very little of note when he has come on. Of this underperforming squad, who would you keep next season?

I would keep definitely East, Cochrane. Would love to keep Dabrowski. Logan not had long enough to find out what he is like. On the fence with McGrory, McKechnie and Connelly. 

Not a fan of any of the other forwards. Paton will be away I would think.

Will be interesting to see what the club do with the players under 23. Will they offer them contracts or let them leave. 

Think we will be tested by someone being interested in Lewis. No matter what Bartley will probably need to sign about 15 players in the summer.

35 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

I would keep definitely East, Cochrane. Would love to keep Dabrowski. Logan not had long enough to find out what he is like. On the fence with McGrory, McKechnie and Connelly. 

Not a fan of any of the other forwards. Paton will be away I would think.

Will be interesting to see what the club do with the players under 23. Will they offer them contracts or let them leave. 

Think we will be tested by someone being interested in Lewis. No matter what Bartley will probably need to sign about 15 players in the summer.

So you think there are 3/6 players good enough in our squad but you're still having a pop at Bartley for not getting a tune out of a group of players that even you don't rate? Seems very harsh?

I'd probably agree with who you said FWIW though I think Cochrane is the only one I really want to stay*. The rest of the players that I like I'll likely be 'meh' if they don't re-sign. I'm just fed up with the vast majority of this group tbh. It's perhaps for this reason alone that I'm giving MB time. If I could honestly say he has a solid starting 11 at his disposal I'd be a lot less forgiving. 

* Would love Dabrowski to stay but think he'll get a decent gig. I don't think Gibson will be tapped up this early tbh. He's had a decent debut season but he's playing in L1 and is only 17. Has a big future I think but it's a big risk for a bigger club to fork out for him just now. 

Had a bit of time on my hands this morning so I thought I would do a quick check on Sandra's claim in the latest interview with Bartley that we do better against the so-called "better" teams in the division.

We've played each of the top half teams three times.  If we write the three blip wins against FC Edinburgh off against the three defeats from three against Kelty the record is:

Airdrie   -  won 1, drawn 2.  Alloa  -   drawn 1, lost 2.  Dunfermline  -  drawn 1, lost 2.  Falkirk  -  lost all 3.

Total:  played 12 won 1, drawn 4, lost 7, or to put it another way 7 points out of a possible 36.

Absolutely dismal stuff.  We have absolutely no right to be anywhere near the play-offs.

I worry about Sandra.  Maybe she just needs a refresher course in arithmetic, given that the previous week she miscalculated the number of games we had remaining when interviewing Bartley.  Or maybe she just wants to continue the onfield pish into the post-match interviews.

2 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Airdrie   -  won 1, drawn 2.  Alloa  -   drawn 1, lost 2.  Dunfermline  -  drawn 1, lost 2.  Falkirk  -  lost all 3.

Total:  played 12 won 1, drawn 4, lost 7, or to put it another way 7 points out of a possible 36.

Absolutely dismal stuff.  We have absolutely no right to be anywhere near the play-offs.

I worry about Sandra.  Maybe she just needs a refresher course in arithmetic, given that the previous week she miscalculated the number of games we had remaining when interviewing Bartley.  Or maybe she just wants to continue the onfield pish into the post-match interviews.

For 1 of the 4 FT sides in the league, those are just appalling statistics - and as you rightly say, confirms "we have absolutely no right to be anywhere near the play-offs".  "Dismal" is being kind.

As for Sandra, I suspect it will be a combination of a perception she'd like to think we have (ie raising our game against the better sides) and also just not having bothered to actually back-checked the facts as you did.

21 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Well if you'd behaved yourself you'd still be in charge, Wullie. Can't blame Bartley for that. 

Me Wullie ? OH MY LORD you’re a bit wide of the mark there my friend 

Reserves currently two down after an hour in the League Cup semi.

Team is Botterill, Burns, Muir, McGrory, McKenna, Currie, Armstrong, Johnstone, Ruth, McMahon & Mendy.

Oram, Watson, Officer, Wiggett, Shaw, Pietsch and a trialist on the bench.

So no Wilson... does that mean he's injured again or has Marv seen the light and is considering playing him on Saturday I wonder?

29 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Reserves currently two down after an hour in the League Cup semi.

Team is Botterill, Burns, Muir, McGrory, McKenna, Currie, Armstrong, Johnstone, Ruth, McMahon & Mendy.

Oram, Watson, Officer, Wiggett, Shaw, Pietsch and a trialist on the bench.

So no Wilson... does that mean he's injured again or has Marv seen the light and is considering playing him on Saturday I wonder?

Beaten 3-0.  Same old defensive flaws apparently - conceded from a corner and McKenna scored an oggy.