The Queen of the South thread

17 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Goodness. Why do you keep saying the same thing. I couldn’t make it today but why repeat the same mantra. WG signed a terrible squad and Marvin has to fix it this summer. Even the best manager couldn’t coach this talentless and toothless lot. Suck it up until the summer. End of

Mute him. It makes this season easier. 

28 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

I agree. It’s not helpful. We all know where we are, what we have to do about it and who is to blame. Marv seems a smart chap who wants to do well but will have to wait til summer to move these gutless charlatans on. 

1 hour ago, HighlandQueen said:

Goodness. Why do you keep saying the same thing. I couldn’t make it today but why repeat the same mantra. WG signed a terrible squad and Marvin has to fix it this summer. Even the best manager couldn’t coach this talentless and toothless lot. Suck it up until the summer. End of

As ANBA said, stick him on ignore. Can have disagreements with anyone on here and still speak to them but it's the same inane shite from that poster every single week. Far better just to ignore it as you're missing no decent input if you do. 

54 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

I agree. It’s not helpful. We all know where we are, what we have to do about it and who is to blame. Marv seems a smart chap who wants to do well but will have to wait til summer to move these gutless charlatans on. 

Exactly. We are mostly realists about where we are. But you've got to be a special kind of stupid to either blame Bartley for it or hark for the return of Gibson. 

Now that the season is as good as over for us and we are looking at 8 glorified friendlies before we can concentrate on the important business of shipping out the deadwood and preparing for next season I'm now in such a state of lethargy toward Queens that I honestly can't see myself going to more than 1 or 2 games at most before July.  My money is better kept in my pocket than getting wasted on going to watch a gang who are supposedly playing for contracts but still can't beat a team that have mustered a grand total of 2 wins since the opening day of the season.

I have a lot of time for Bartley, but his persistence in playing Murray and leaving Wilson on the bench when he's purportedly as fit as he's been all season is a form of stubborn madness which is stretching my patience to it's limit.  I really hope Wilson sticks around for next season, having him fit and playing for even 2/3 to 3/4 of a season is preferable to having many other pros who would be willing to play at this level available for every match.

Bartley has shown he is not afraid to be ruthless with is squad which is no bad thing, but hopefully he is also big enough to hold his hands up when things aren't going well and admits maybe some of his decisions in terms of formations and personel aren't having the desired effect and he is reponsible, at least in part. 

Edited by Slipmat
because I forgot to mention who he is leaving on the bench by name

10 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Now that the season is as good as over for us and we are looking at 8 glorified friendlies before we can concentrate on the important business of shipping out the deadwood and preparing for next season I'm now in such a state of lethargy toward Queens that I honestly can't see myself going to more than 1 or 2 games at most before July.  My money is better kept in my pocket than getting wasted on going to watch a gang who are supposedly playing for contracts but still can't beat a team that have mustered a grand total of 2 wins since the opening day of the season.

I have a lot of time for Bartley, but his persistence in playing Murray and leaving Wilson on the bench when he's purportedly as fit as he's been all season is a form of stubborn madness which is stretching my patience to it's limit.  I really hope Wilson sticks around for next season, having him fit and playing for even 2/3 to 3/4 of a season is preferable to having many other pros who would be willing to play at this level available for every match.

Bartley has shown he is not afraid to be ruthless with is squad which is no bad thing, but hopefully he is also big enough to hold his hands up when things aren't going well and admits maybe some of his decisions in terms of formations and personel aren't having the desired effect and he is reponsible, at least in part. 

Can't disagree. Any manager who doesn't play best players is biting off their nose to spite their face. 

Suggestions that Gibson did it with Connelly. I'd be concerned if Marv was doing it with Wilson.

12 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Can't disagree. Any manager who doesn't play best players is biting off their nose to spite their face. 

Suggestions that Gibson did it with Connelly. I'd be concerned if Marv was doing it with Wilson.

True, but we possibly can't see the full picture. It could be that Wilson isn't achieving the level of fitness that Bartley expects or still hasn't fully recovered, or picked up another knock in the reserve game. Or they've maybe had words at training and maybe Wilson's told Bartley to multiply and go forth or vice versa. Or maybe it's none of these things but something else. Who knows? ... Bartley and Wilson do though.

46 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

True, but we possibly can't see the full picture. It could be that Wilson isn't achieving the level of fitness that Bartley expects or still hasn't fully recovered, or picked up another knock in the reserve game. Or they've maybe had words at training and maybe Wilson's told Bartley to multiply and go forth or vice versa. Or maybe it's none of these things but something else. Who knows? ... Bartley and Wilson do though.

Bartley doesn't have to go into detail but a simple "he's not in my plans at present and turned down a loan move"  or "he's not 100% match fit" is all it takes. As someone said in another post, if it's because he's not up to match fitness, surely giving him 45 minutes or 30 minutes would be a good idea. 

21 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

I keep saying  the same thing because it is all true.

I will say it is not helpfull but as you say just to try and forget it all till the summer.

Bartley interview after the game is as low as I have heard him the 1st half was the worse we have played since he has been here.

Edited by Greenacres

19 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

19 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

17 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

As ANBA said, stick him on ignore. Can have disagreements with anyone on here and still speak to them but it's the same inane shite from that poster every single week. Far better just to ignore it as you're missing no decent input if you do. 

Just a general view and NOT specific to this particular case, but ... I'm always mindful that not every poster on these forums may be as proficient in all aspects (eg spelling, grammar, recall, repetition etc  - and god knows I'm often guilty of repetition/poor spelling/poor (shite) memory myself) and some posters (for example a guy on the Killie threads springs to mind) also can have "personal issues" which makes posting clearly difficult.  So I don't think that we should be too critical of posters - these forums should be for all fans of all abilities/levels to express their views.  If we don't like what is being posted - just don't reply to the posts.  Just an observation ...

5 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Just a general view and NOT specific to this particular case, but ... I'm always mindful that not every poster on these forums may be as proficient in all aspects (eg spelling, grammar, recall, repetition etc  - and god knows I'm often guilty of repetition/poor spelling/poor (shite) memory myself) and some posters (for example a guy on the Killie threads springs to mind) also can have "personal issues" which makes posting clearly difficult.  So I don't think that we should be too critical of posters - these forums should be for all fans of all abilities/levels to express their views.  If we don't like what is being posted - just don't reply to the posts.  Just an observation ...

He's a troll OB. He's had the same schtick from Day 1 when he went under a different username. If he has an "issue" it'll be OCD as it was the same shite every single week. I assume it's the same thing now. Blocking him is the best thing to do as he offers absolutely nothing constructive to any conversation and it's a waste of time reading his posts. 

4 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Bartley interview after the game is as low as I have heard him the 1st half was the worse we have played since he has been here.

"We seem to perform against the sides further up the table".  That's according to Sandra Brown in her interview of Bartley.

Has anyone got the slightest clue what she's basing this on?  It can't be all on Edinburgh games surely?  She was saying it in the context of the upcoming Falkirk fixture.  Personally, I don't think the omens are as good as she's clearly seeing.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

"We seem to perform against the sides further up the table".  That's according to Sandra Brown in her interview of Bartley.

Has anyone got the slightest clue what she's basing this on?  It can't be all on Edinburgh games surely?  She was saying it in the context of the upcoming Falkirk fixture.  Personally, I don't think the omens are as good as she's clearly seeing.

Aye, clocked that. No idea what she's on about tbh. 2 points (from Alloa/Falkirk/Pars) out of a possible 27 doesn't exactly scream good return for me. We've done well against EFC of course but even then I don't think 11 from 36 can be considered good. 

14 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Bartley doesn't have to go into detail but a simple "he's not in my plans at present and turned down a loan move"  or "he's not 100% match fit" is all it takes. As someone said in another post, if it's because he's not up to match fitness, surely giving him 45 minutes or 30 minutes would be a good idea. 

I am sure he did this a couple weeks ago, something about he's not injured but Bartley wants him to be fitter before he starts playing again, as he's been rushed back before when not injured but not fully fit and that just contributed to him picking up more injuries.

9 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

It’s fine people having different views. That’s why we debate. It does become tiresome if someone repeats the same post every week…