The Queen of the South thread

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Gavin Reilly is a modern day Pat Clarke, he's had a few purple patches through his career that make people think there's a very decent pler in there, the reality doesn't quite match that though. 

I've heard it said that Gavin Reilly thinks he's a better player than he actually is.

One player who really seems to have upped his game since Marvin's arrival is Harry Cochrane.  I thought he was our best outfield player by far tonight, and he's looking a lot fitter and more interested and involved than he did under Gibson.

1 minute ago, Slipmat said:

I've heard it said that Gavin Reilly thinks he's a better player than he actually is.

To be fair, I think he's a better player than he actually seems to be.

I loved him with us first time around.  So lively and diligent, with goals in him too.

He's never really got there since.  I think injury simply diminished him.  It happens.

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Gavin Reilly is a modern day Pat Clarke, he's had a few purple patches through his career that make people think there's a very decent pler in there, the reality doesn't quite match that though. 

He’s lost all his pace from his first spell with us. He was a brilliant striker for Championship level during that time, but as he’s got older I think he’s just got a loss less effective.

7 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

One player who really seems to have upped his game since Marvin's arrival is Harry Cochrane.  I thought he was our best outfield player by far tonight, and he's looking a lot fitter and more interested and involved than he did under Gibson.

Yeah, would agree. Was very impressive tonight.

Lots of positives from that. Lots of energy about time and liked the pressing game. Fitness isn't quite there yet with it but a work in progress. We tired towards end.

Muir looked sound defensively although not too tidy in possession. But did well. 

Really impressed with Irving. Pacey and direct. Also liked to shoot, we seemed keen to largely try and walk ball in net.

Ruth disappointing. Add him to list with the likes of Reilly and co, I'd imagine. 

1 hour ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Yeah, would agree. Was very impressive tonight.

Lots of positives from that. Lots of energy about time and liked the pressing game. Fitness isn't quite there yet with it but a work in progress. We tired towards end.

Muir looked sound defensively although not too tidy in possession. But did well. 

Really impressed with Irving. Pacey and direct. Also liked to shoot, we seemed keen to largely try and walk ball in net.

Ruth disappointing. Add him to list with the likes of Reilly and co, I'd imagine. 

We need another striker before the window closes..... 

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Not sure if this is the best time to ask, but why is the Queen of the South Twitter account so slow with its updates?

Hamilton Accies' account is tweeting about tonight's match moving into extra time while Queens are tweeting about an incident in the 77th minute.

System collapsed for unknown reasons as at the 77th minute. The guy on updates was posting them but it wasn't publishing. Second time that's happened in recent weeks. To be investigated......................

2 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

This isn't new. I know it is volunteers but against Kelty we tweeted it was full time as they were tweeting about both sides having taken four pens each

Nothing to do with volunteers. The tweets were sent, the system didn't post them. The posts aren't being sent directly on to Twitter. We have a Live Update system that runs off the website and is supposed to auto post relevant posts to Twitter and Facebook too. It wasn't working properly. I don't know if they were going to the website but not forwarding to Twitter or if they weren't publishing at all.

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

I agree he was. I thought he was touch and go with Brydon for best on Saturday too. I'm not sure how much of it is directly to do with the manager though. It's probably one factor but I thought at times he looked very good earlier in the season too. He's not really at any point in his two seasons been able to nail down fitness for more than half a dozen games at a time and that's definitely held him back. I also think he shines more when Wilson isn't there as he plays deeper. When Wilson plays he tends to be the deep lying one and Harry's trying to find space to do his thing further up the pitch.

9 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Totally agree with this but Todd really has to up his game he must have gave away possession so many times last night. Holding onto the ball and getting it taken off him. 

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Nothing to do with volunteers. The tweets were sent, the system didn't post them. The posts aren't being sent directly on to Twitter. We have a Live Update system that runs off the website and is supposed to auto post relevant posts to Twitter and Facebook too. It wasn't working properly. I don't know if they were going to the website but not forwarding to Twitter or if they weren't publishing at all.

Sounds like Musk's API changes have claimed another victim.

8 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

We need another striker before the window closes..... 

Did Ruth have a injury ? He was at the time doing no worse  than anyone else.

If not a injury very harsh to take him off.

We do need to use our other 2 loans get some height right through the centre of the team .

Centre half and a Striker both very difficult to get .

I can't see anyone coming in more players going out .

Think big changes in the close season.

In other news interesting to see that Ewan Bange, who has joined Radcliffe on loan from Blackpool for the 2nd half of the season, was left on the bench last night to accommodate the surprise signing of David Goodwillie, which was not forward announced. Goodwillie duly scored a hat trick on his debut in a 4-2 win and then was sacked this morning when the protests started!

It would appear even the 7th tier of English football isn't far enough for him to go to calm things down. Hard to see how he can play at any professional level again in the UK at least.

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Did Ruth have a injury ? He was at the time doing no worse  than anyone else.

If not a injury very harsh to take him off.

We do need to use our other 2 loans get some height right through the centre of the team .

Centre half and a Striker both very difficult to get .

I can't see anyone coming in more players going out .

Think big changes in the close season.

I thought Ruth was poor but felt it was harsh to hook him at that point. Also McKenna getting on before mckay 

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

In other news interesting to see that Ewan Bange, who has joined Radcliffe on loan from Blackpool for the 2nd half of the season, was left on the bench last night to accommodate the surprise signing of David Goodwillie, which was not forward announced. Goodwillie duly scored a hat trick on his debut in a 4-2 win and then was sacked this morning when the protests started!

It would appear even the 7th tier of English football isn't far enough for him to go to calm things down. Hard to see how he can play at any professional level again in the UK at least.

Brilliant. Good enough for the horrible c*nt. 

Goodwillie that is. Harsh on Bange. 

Yeah, after Dabrowski last night Harry Cochrane was our next best player - really good shift from Harry, a clever player.  I think Harry's limitations are that he's obviously injury prone and he's also liable to make challenges/fouls and get yellow cards in situations where he doesn't need to make those challenges - but that side could be coached.  Hope he prospers with us under Bartley's coaching.

6 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

No, the API looks ok ... for now!

Theres a job that runs on the server that posts the updates from the website to social media. For some reason, it wasnt running properly last night

I just want to hate on Elon okay🥲

58 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Yeah, after Dabrowski last night Harry Cochrane was our next best player - really good shift from Harry, a clever player.  I think Harry's limitations are that he's obviously injury prone and he's also liable to make challenges/fouls and get yellow cards in situations where he doesn't need to make those challenges - but that side could be coached.  Hope he prospers with us under Bartley's coaching.

I've maintained in all his time with us that there is a player in Cochrane. It's just finding out what he is best at and utilising it. Hopefully Bartley finds it. The early signs seem promising.