The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Not quite the same feat, but didn't an Arbroath winger score over Goram's head from just inside our half when The Goalie was with us for a short spell?  The winger had spotted Goram meandering along his 18 yd box, spotted the opportunity and lobbed him.  Bet he still bores his mates down the pub about that one.

Andy Cargill. He was about 40 yards out I think.

And yes he does. I spoke to someone a couple of years back who had met Andy Cargill somewhere socially and he mentioned that he'd lobbed Goram from near the halfway line in the conversation! 😂

23 hours ago, lowland star said:

Gavin reilly was a really good footballer when he was first with us but looking at him now he has fallen out of love with the game and to honest I have followed his career over the years I think only at st mirren did he show that there is a player there . 
reason for me is when things not going well he hides goes missing and to be honest I think he could do with people telling the truth not sugar coat the problem he has . 
really think queens will do well to get him out on loan unless they pay most of wages 

another player who could have been miles better than he has turned out and 

My team east fife have seemingly enquired about Reilly on loan but he doesn’t want to come,dont blame him as we are awful but are crying out for a bit experience upfront,wer looking for a goal scorer so not sure if he’d do well at our crap level

18 minutes ago, Granty1903 said:

My team east fife have seemingly enquired about Reilly on loan but he doesn’t want to come,dont blame him as we are awful but are crying out for a bit experience upfront,wer looking for a goal scorer so not sure if he’d do well at our crap level

On the other hand a spell at part time level may be the catalyst that he needs to get back on track.  This season although scoring the odd goal he has flattered to deceive.  His whole body language gives the impression that he has fallen out of love with the game, and looks to be lacking confidence.  A couple months in League 2 where in terms of ability he should stand out might be enough to boost this confidence.

25 minutes ago, Katboy said:

On the other hand a spell at part time level may be the catalyst that he needs to get back on track.  This season although scoring the odd goal he has flattered to deceive.  His whole body language gives the impression that he has fallen out of love with the game, and looks to be lacking confidence.  A couple months in League 2 where in terms of ability he should stand out might be enough to boost this confidence.

Surely be better going out on loan rather than hanging about here only getting reserve games if the Manager doesn't want him. 

It may have just passed me by... but apparently both Sandy Clark and Niyah Joseph are now at East Stirlingshire. https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/east-stirlingshire-former-hearts-and-st-johnstone-boss-sandy-clark-named-as-derek-ures-successor-3932574

Edited by MallanandFlanagan

21 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

It may have just passed me by... but apparently both Sandy Clark and Niyah Joseph are now at East Stirlingshire. https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/east-stirlingshire-former-hearts-and-st-johnstone-boss-sandy-clark-named-as-derek-ures-successor-3932574

I spotted that Joseph was there, didn't post it as I think mention of his name is still a trigger for @19QOS19

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Surely be better going out on loan rather than hanging about here only getting reserve games if the Manager doesn't want him. 

Totally agree.  Better to go out and get some game time instead of hanging around when he's not wanted.  A successful loan spell could yet see him back in contention for next season.

22 hours ago, QoS99 said:

I do think a few more also need to get told they can leave as well. In an ideal world I think I would move on Murray, Irvine and Ruth as well as bringing in another striker on loan. We are a Paton injury away from ending our (very small) play-off hopes.

Irvine was another strange Wullie signing.

Was never going to be good enough for us.

That seemed to be  Wullie signing policy quantity over quality. 

Other news like Kev and  Kabia it seems Cammy Logan will be released when his loan is finished with us .

Michael Doyle would have been a good signing  for us a leader at the back but he has just signed for Alloa on loan good signing for them .

Edited by Greenacres

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Andy Cargill. He was about 40 yards out I think.

And yes he does. I spoke to someone a couple of years back who had met Andy Cargill somewhere socially and he mentioned that he'd lobbed Goram from near the halfway line in the conversation! 😂

I think it was further out than that.  It was very near the half way line as I recall.

It was a good strike, but given that it came long after Goram had stopped moving for shots, it wasn't all that remarkable a feat.

Not sure if this is the best time to ask, but why is the Queen of the South Twitter account so slow with its updates?

Hamilton Accies' account is tweeting about tonight's match moving into extra time while Queens are tweeting about an incident in the 77th minute.

4 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Anyone know why tonight's game has extra time but the Kelty tie in the previous round went straight to pens?

Semi and final are the only rounds where ET is played.

4.6 Subject that the Board may determine that any round or rounds of a Competition may take place on a ‘group’ basis utilising such arrangements, procedures and qualifications as the Board may from time to time determine and notify to all Clubs and clubs with an interest, the ‘rounds’ of the Competition shall be conducted on ‘knockout’ basis with the winner being the Club/club with the greater number of goals at full-time. In all Matches other than the Semi-Finals and Final, if the scores are equal at full-time or no goals have been scored the winner shall be determined by taking Penalty Kicks. In respect of the Semi-Finals and Final, if the scores are equal at full time or no goals have been scored, Extra Time will be played and, if the scores are still equal or still no goals have been scored at the end of such Extra Time, the winner shall be determined by taking Penalty Kicks

Edited by Zen Archer (Raconteur)

6 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Not sure if this is the best time to ask, but why is the Queen of the South Twitter account so slow with its updates?

Hamilton Accies' account is tweeting about tonight's match moving into extra time while Queens are tweeting about an incident in the 77th minute.

Because the tweets arent posted directly to twitter, they come from the live updates and whatever is supposed to be posting them isnt working properly

40 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

This isn't new. I know it is volunteers but against Kelty we tweeted it was full time as they were tweeting about both sides having taken four pens each

2 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

This isn't new. I know it is volunteers but against Kelty we tweeted it was full time as they were tweeting about both sides having taken four pens each

Aye, I'd noticed it against Kelty Hearts and wondered if it might have been a 4G/WiFi issue, but Homer Thompson (a great username from one of the all-time great episodes of The Simpsons) has explained the situation.

2 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Poor goal to lose - defenders need to clear there lines could see ball was never going out.... 

Lazy defending from our supposed to be best defender .

Just put the ball out .

We showed tonight we are a work in progress plenty of effort but we lacked quality in the box.

Our final ball was poor never really created anything .

In the 2nd half of normal time we looked the most likely but had no goal threat especially in the air .

We run out of steam in extra time.

Good test for us we just came up a bit short.