The Queen of the South thread

13 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Scally coming back from America got me wondering, does anyone know what that College player Kevin Dz???? is doing now? 

Retired from football due to persistent injury after leaving Peterhead in 2017. Working for a software company back home in the USA. Married his long term girlfriend Kelly in 2021. Still in touch with some of his former team-mates, I know he met up with Zander Clark for coffee in the US during the World Cup.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

58 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Retired from football due to persistent injury after leaving Peterhead in 2017. Working for a software company back home in the USA. Married his long term girlfriend Kelly in 2021. Still in touch with some of his former team-mates, I know he met up with Zander Clark for coffee in the US during the World Cup.

A player who showed plenty of early promise with us, another who could maybe have gone higher if not for injuries. 

A signing with a lot of promise.  He surely represents a better option at right back than we currently already have.  Good to see that our manager having taken time to assess the squad has identified a clear weakness.  

Having been at Kelty first half of the season Cammy Logan will know what is required at this level.  Hopefully he hits the ground running.  Good luck to him.

Think the good thing is Bartley has identified our problem areas. We have not had a right back and McKenna has been poor in not his proper position. New GK new right back new centre back and work with what we have till end of season as most are out of contract. Don't see many changes tomorrow except maybe Logan replacing McKechnie and Kabia replacing Ruth. Wilson will still be out but when fit it will be him and another in centre midfield. Glad East is back and Brydon and only one McKay in the team. 

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The Harry Enfield Show on Twitter: "Michael Paine, nosey neighbour - a new  pair of binoculars https://t.co/4jtNuDS3GH" / Twitter

26 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Bartley has identified all our issues very quickly. His next objective is to get shot of Murray. Total waste of a jersey. The sooner we get Wilson and Connelly back the better 👍

I said that early on this season then was slated because he made a rare appearance and scored a couple of goals in a couple of games after that. Regardless, my view is clearly more accurate. He's rank. 

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I said that early on this season then was slated because he made a rare appearance and scored a couple of goals in a couple of games after that. Regardless, my view is clearly more accurate. He's rank. 

He gives us actually nothing lazy in attack lazy in defence. Bartley gets frustrated on the side. I like his approach he will improve us without a doubt. He took McGrory off despite us controlling first half and replaced him with Murray. I like the fact he changes things but he must surt see that he offers nothing. I have to ask myself what he sees in Ruth that he does not see in Reilly. 

17 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

He gives us actually nothing lazy in attack lazy in defence. Bartley gets frustrated on the side. I like his approach he will improve us without a doubt. He took McGrory off despite us controlling first half and replaced him with Murray. I like the fact he changes things but he must surt see that he offers nothing. I have to ask myself what he sees in Ruth that he does not see in Reilly. 

Ruth is another that brings nothing to the table. Honking 

6 hours ago, lesterplunkett said:

I can’t disagree with any motm as named above but I’d also mention Josh Todd. MOTM for me however was Stephen Hendrie. On it from the 1st whistle 

Hendrie was slightly better but everytime he was put under pressure he looked like a cock up wasn’t too far away. Put us in trouble twice early on and luckily they didn’t punish us. He did get better as the game went on and Murray should have scored from his cutback when we put together a lovely move in the latter stages. 

Much improved performance and on the car journey home I am sure we even praised Paul McKay which this season hasn’t happened often if at all. Good to have East and those marauding runs back too. 

Edited by Broony88

Confirmed from the post match interview that Bartley is looking to send Rico, McKenna and Reilly out on loan. No doubt all three have been disappointing this season, although pretty bold call from only being in the job about three weeks. 

Surely a financial aspect to that decision (will we get somebody to pay even a percentage of these guys wages?). While we’ve added to the squad, I don’t think we’re bustling with good quality options in those positions. No natural left back cover and not seen anything yet to suggest Ruth is a better option up front than Reilly.