The Queen of the South thread

12 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Manager on radio earlier saying he missed out on two players from England yesterday due to their agents. 

Genuinely don’t think lower half league one side is appealing, think it’s an easier sell in champ or if battling for the league

54 minutes ago, Dudleyghu said:

The big blue gates on Terregles street were wide open just over an hour ago, kids going in and out. Looks like the lock was broken.  

You must get a good view of Palmerston from your wee room up in the big Government Hotel. 

Looks like Wilson is out on saturday with his dead leg but scan has shown wasn't anything more severe. Connelly who had been training went to hit a shot and felt his groin again and although expected to be back training again the main group tomorrow, saturday will be too early

25 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Looks like Wilson is out on saturday with his dead leg but scan has shown wasn't anything more severe. Connelly who had been training went to hit a shot and felt his groin again and although expected to be back training again the main group tomorrow, saturday will be too early

Still as long as they're back for the big cup semi at Hamilton on Tuesday. 🤨

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Still as long as they're back for the big cup semi at Hamilton on Tuesday. 🤨

Just watched the highlights (the penalties) on YouTube earlier. The scenes at the end are what football's all about. The place was rocking...

27 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Reserves beat Motherwell 4-1 to qualify for semi final. 

Where does one find a fixture list for Reserve games, can't see anything on OS but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Who manages the Reserve side this season? 

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Where does one find a fixture list for Reserve games, can't see anything on OS but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Who manages the Reserve side this season? 

Not 100% sure but I think this is pretty accurate:

6 SEP 1 AYR UNITED RESERVES A L 2-4 Quitongo, og

27 SEP RLC HAMILTON ACCIES RES A W 3-1 McMahon, Connelly, Irving

29 SEP fr LOCHAR THISTLE H W 3-1 Mendy 2, Naylor

20 OCT PC1 MID ANNANDALE H W 12-1 McMahon 2, Mendy 5, Shaw 3 (2 pens), ??

25 OCT 2 QUEENS PARK RESERVES H L 0-3

1 NOV 3 HAMILTON ACCIES RES A L 3-4 McMahon, Naylor, Mendy

23 NOV fr THREAVE ROVERS H W 6-2 Irving 4, Ruth, trialist

10 JAN RLC KILMARNOCK RESERVES H L 0-8

24 JAN RLC PARTICK THISTLE RES H W 5-1 Irving, Armstrong 3, Currie

28 JAN PC2 CALEDONIAN BRAVES RES A W 3-0 Armstrong 2, Mendy

31 JAN RLC AYR UNITED RESERVES A W 1-0 Reilly

2 FEB RLC MOTHERWELL RESERVES H W 4-1

7 FEB 4 DUNDEE UNITED RESERVE A

21 FEB 5 LIVINGSTON RESERVES H

28 FEB 6 HIBERNIAN RESERVES H

7 MAR 7 MOTHERWELL RESERVES A

21 MAR 8 KILMARNOCK RESERVES A

4 APR 9 DUNDEE RESERVES H

TBA SCC1 NITHSDALE WANDERERS A

TBA RLCSF

21 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Rico Quitongo and Ciaran McKenna started for reserves tonight. Gav Reilly came on second half. 

All equally poor I thought. Rico's attitude is brilliant but I'm hoping we improve on him next season. McKenna was as shite in the reserves as he is in the first team. Gav was pretty anonymous when he came on. Thought young Mendy looked far sharper than him before being hooked. I'm maybe looking too much into nothing but at HT he briefly had a kick about with the other boys before going away himself. Kicking the ball off the side of the walls and then talking to someone behind the goal. Didn't give off good vibes. Not a good look when the new manager is sitting in the dugout. His final year with us perhaps? 

Jay Burns was ok in the first half but faded in the second. Botterill in goal never had much to do but I thought he was pretty commanding and came for a few crosses. He was very loud throughout and did make two really good saves. A poor touch from him is what gifted Motherwell their goal but I'm happy enough with what I saw. 

A very professional performance from the boys. Flying right now. 

7 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Not sure about the first part but Dan Armstrong is taking them.