The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, sneeuq said:

Hope our defenders were watching the match last night and take note. I would be worried if I was any of them and would recommend starting some night classes.

Thing I took from last nights game is the amount of our players that wouldn’t get a game for them 

7 hours ago, qos1990 said:

Thing I took from last nights game is the amount of our players that wouldn’t get a game for them 

Thing last night was Darvel bowling green like grass pitch it was as good as I have seen .

Brilliant result for them even with a bit of money behind Darvel .

Aberdeen should still  not be losing that Cup Tie.

Edited by Greenacres

31 minutes ago, DoonhamerDon said:

Reserves have just smashed Partick 5-1 - no real first teamers involved but can't be a bad thing.  

A sign that players might be keen to impress the new manager or wishful thinking? 

My heart says the former, but my head says the latter.

58 minutes ago, DoonhamerDon said:

Reserves have just smashed Partick 5-1 - no real first teamers involved but can't be a bad thing.  

A sign that players might be keen to impress the new manager or wishful thinking? 

I think it's more likely a sign that the Partick team was even younger and less experienced on average than ours was.

I believe they played very well though (wasn't there).

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Thing last night was Darvel bowling green like grass pitch it was as good as I have seen .

Brilliant result for them even with a bit of money behind Darvel .

Aberdeen should still  not be losing that Cup Tie.

Bowling green like grass park like Palmerston was.

On 23/01/2023 at 18:27, the_palmy_pie said:

Additional post actions

Artificial turf banned: From 2025, Eredivisie clubs are obliged to play on natural grass. 

Hope everyone else does the same eventually. 

Pretty sure the Big three in Netherlands offered to pay to change the pitches between them so everyone is on grass. Fat chance of the Old Firm doing the same over here.

8 hours ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Hardly likely UK Govt. would follow EU.  Scotland might though !

Wouldn't be so sure.

Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons are the problem. Sounds nice that they are aromatic, but seriously not! Have a history of use in the tyre industry....which is where the rubber in pitches comes from, though usually from end of life truck tyres. The UK Government accept they are maybe not the best thing since sliced bread! For any other geeks interested. 

Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (Benzo[a]pyrene): general information - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

8 hours ago, DoonhamerDon said:

Reserves were excellent in that 2nd half. First half was even and Partick went in ahead. 2nd half was just about all Queens.

The sub who scored the hat-trick was Jamie Armstrong by the way, not Cameron Shaw as twitter said - he changed shirts after his first goal, must've picked up Shaw's by mistake!

What are the odds that he plays for Annan every week between now and the end of the season* after his stubborn refusal to pick himself ahead of our current dodgy right back this season** ?

* - court verdict permitting

** - assuming the decision was his 

Edited by Slipmat

41 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

What are the odds that he plays for Annan every week between now and the end of the season* after his stubborn refusal to pick himself ahead of our current dodgy right back this season** ?

* - court verdict permitting

** - assuming the decision was his 

It's a bit different when he's just a player and not player/manager. Whoever you believe as to the reasons he didn't play much for us this season, the decision on if/when he plays now rests with the Annan Manager. I expect he will feature regularly in the matchday squad if not the starting XI. 

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Was kinda hoping that we might do some more player business before the end of the window ... the clock's ticking on ...

Let’s be totally honest if Bartley can turn this rabble into “winners” without some more reinforcements I will be seriously impressed. Much more likely that they will keep stumbling and relying on the detached pair below us to keep us safe.