The Queen of the South thread

3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Did we? Not so sure about that. Could and should have been well out of it after 15 minutes and only a few half hearted efforts from us in that first half. We had slightly the better of the early period in the second half though but playing Ruth in what looked to be a lone striker role didn't produce much. The subs made all the difference, we got players further up the park and upped the tempo, should have had at least couple of goals too. I'd say a draw was fair after the 90+ minutes. 

I thought we thoroughly deserved it.................. but I didn't see the first half hour and I'm told we didn't offer much in it and were lucky not to be behind. From when I started watching until Reilly and Connelly came on there wasn't much in it. We looked the better side comfortably after the subs.

I think it was supposed to be a 4-3-3 with McKechnie and Gibson supporting Ruth from either side. Not sure either really ever did so though and in the part I saw Ruth was regularly looking a bit isolated. We looked better after the subs when it was a front two.

18 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

It seems Kabia wasn't recalled as much as sent back by Morton. Sounds like he had a pretty underwhelming spell there overall. That coupled with the attitude issues that saw him dropped from the Livi squad paint the picture of a player that needs to be kicked up the arse and Bartley might be the man to do that. It seems, at the moment, the chances of Jaze ever playing for Livi again are pretty much nil

Quotes today from Martindale  that Kabia's future is away from Livi and that his agent has a couple of options.

Definitely seems to be an attitude issue with him. 

If Imrie couldn't give him the kick up the arse he needed  not sure Bartley would be able to either.

16 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Quotes today from Martindale  that Kabia's future is away from Livi and that his agent has a couple of options.

Definitely seems to be an attitude issue with him. 

If Imrie couldn't give him the kick up the arse he needed  not sure Bartley would be able to either.

Aye I read it as a permanent move away rather than back out on loan. 

I think Bartley has the makings of a good appointment but as we all know it’s results that matter. Most Managers are adept these days at churning out the same old cliches so we need to see how he tackles the recurring underperformance that has been a feature of this squad’s performance throughout the season. The quality of the incoming reinforcements will determine the rest of our season as several of our regular starters need to be replaced as they are simply not good enough. 

49 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Was speaking with WG today, said he will definitely continue to play

46 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Was Sure he would, and that there will be a few clubs after him. 

Be interesting to see where he rocks up. He has the ability to still have 6 months in the Championship I'd say and would be a comfortable regular in League 1. But who's going to want to take a risk with his court case coming up? I think I'd find it questionable at best if he (a player like that) signed for us and I'd be wanting shot if he's convicted.

It would probably go under the radar at Stranraer and if affordable he could get a gig in L1 for Clyde regardless. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I thought we thoroughly deserved it.................. but I didn't see the first half hour and I'm told we didn't offer much in it and were lucky not to be behind. From when I started watching until Reilly and Connelly came on there wasn't much in it. We looked the better side comfortably after the subs.

I think it was supposed to be a 4-3-3 with McKechnie and Gibson supporting Ruth from either side. Not sure either really ever did so though and in the part I saw Ruth was regularly looking a bit isolated. We looked better after the subs when it was a front two.

I think if you had seen the first 20- 25 minutes you might change your mind on whether we deserved a win in normal time, or maybe not. Cliche alert:  it t was a game of "three thirds", first third we were barely in it, lucky not to be 3 or 4 down although we did muster a couple of half-hearted efforts on goal, middle third it was fairly even, Kelty seemed to have run out of puff or ideas but we were sitting too deep leaving Ruth to do a lot of running up front, their no. 6  was mopping everything up, we were well on top in final third of the match, our substitutions swung the game in our favour, we were more direct, less high punts, faster build up, wide men getting forward and getting crosses in. So one third each in control and a fairly even middle third is why in my opinion a draw was fair overall. 

15 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

Sounds too good to be true! Maybe it'll catch on....

New man, new approach, (hopefully). 

Marvin pictured in today's paper holding the QoS scarf above his head in the traditional pose.  NOW IT FEELS REAL. (shame the same picture's not on the OS)

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I think if you had seen the first 20- 25 minutes you might change your mind on whether we deserved a win in normal time, or maybe not. Cliche alert:  it t was a game of "three thirds", first third we were barely in it, lucky not to be 3 or 4 down although we did muster a couple of half-hearted efforts on goal, middle third it was fairly even, Kelty seemed to have run out of puff or ideas but we were sitting too deep leaving Ruth to do a lot of running up front, their no. 6  was mopping everything up, we were well on top in final third of the match, our substitutions swung the game in our favour, we were more direct, less high punts, faster build up, wide men getting forward and getting crosses in. So one third each in control and a fairly even middle third is why in my opinion a draw was fair overall. 

Thought it was more we clicked onto their midfield dictating the game. Todd seemed to drop in, Wilson played a bit deeper, stopped the space agyeman was getting into in ten and causing problems. Thought we finished the half the better team, without doing a lot.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Be interesting to see where he rocks up. He has the ability to still have 6 months in the Championship I'd say and would be a comfortable regular in League 1. But who's going to want to take a risk with his court case coming up? I think I'd find it questionable at best if he (a player like that) signed for us and I'd be wanting shot if he's convicted.

It would probably go under the radar at Stranraer and if affordable he could get a gig in L1 for Clyde regardless. 

He made a comment about possibly playing against Lewis, so imagine he’s got his eyes on a move to a league one team. Could possibly see Airdrie as an option as they have a really inexperienced team and he played with McCabe here for a season, other than that you’d imagine he’d go part time 

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

He made a comment about possibly playing against Lewis, so imagine he’s got his eyes on a move to a league one team...

Think he's played for Peterhead previously.

8 hours ago, QoS99 said:

He can certainly articulate himself really well. He seems a lot more enthusiastic than AJ and Wullie at least from their interviews

It's an excellent interview. Makes me feel positive again. Welcome to the club Marvin. I hope you are able to achieve all you set out to do. 

Was at the game last night and saw your memorial wall. Thought it was lovely. My great uncle Jim Hogg from Sanquhar was a big Queens fan and died last year. Will make enquiries and pass the information on his daughter. Good folk Queens, really enjoyed being down for the first time in a while 

20230110_203705.jpg

20230110_203759.jpg

17 minutes ago, Rouky said:

Queen's signing defender Jack Brydon on a 2 and half year deal from Hibs apparently, according to the Edinburgh Evening News

Got a Hibs mate who is season ticket holder, said he’s unreal and surprised they are letting him go