The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

Nah it’s gone quiet on that. He’s nowhere near ready for a move like that, he should be seeing the season out with us.

I’m in 2 minds if a move now would actually help him or not. Would mean better training and quality of team mates but probably won’t get that much game time and certainly not at premiership level yet?

3 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

There’s plenty of community work Queens do including the Foodhub Community Fridge that doesn’t get the credit is deserves. Dan Armstrong does some incredible work away from the football side of things at Palmerston. 

Dan Armstrong does an outstanding job for the club- we are extremely lucky to have him. If the players could perform to his high standards we wouldn’t be languishing in 8th place!!!

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Dan Armstrong does an outstanding job for the club- we are extremely lucky to have him. If the players could perform to his high standards we wouldn’t be languishing in 8th place!!!

He'd probably do a better job than Currie in goal too.

Edited by Slipmat
appalling grammar

Totally agree with the comments about Dan Armstrong, the one bright star in the organisation. He seems to be involved in everything involving the club and we are, as has already been said, extremely lucky to have him. Just hope he gets full support from the Board.

1 hour ago, BeeJay said:

Totally agree with the comments about Dan Armstrong, the one bright star in the organisation. He seems to be involved in everything involving the club and we are, as has already been said, extremely lucky to have him. Just hope he gets full support from the Board.

Can't argue about complimentary comments regarding Dan Armstrong but it's possibly the backing he gets from the BoD that make possible a lot of what he does. 

2 hours ago, BeeJay said:

... the comments about Dan Armstrong, the one bright star in the organisation...

Dan certainly comes across as a smashing lad and a real asset for the club.  I think the implication that he's the only commendable member of the club management is a bit harsh though.  I can't imagine that it's at all easy to run a full-time professional club at our level and with our income.  I'm sure a lot of the management/administration team are either part-time employees or donate their time freely and I'm loathe to criticise their efforts.  True, the BOD make all the key strategic decisions and they have to be accountable for such, but that's the nature of their roles.  In summary, I'd suggest that Dan is maybe one of several "unsung heroes" behind the scenes.

Apparently we're setting up a 'link-up' with Queens. Seems more of an informal partnership like we've got with Abroath and Morton but probably means you'll get first options on our loans along with those two before we look at other clubs.

16 minutes ago, madton said:

Lads, what was Ally Roy like for you?

He is joining us on loan.

12 goals in 36 but only 18 of those starts suggests he did alright.

You'll get mixed responses I think but generally our fans weren't all that taken with him. Statistically I think he was comfortably our best goalscorer in terms of goals to minutes played but he only got 4 in the league. 8 in cups, of which 6 were in the Premier Sports Cup group stage, 5 of them against lower division sides. He lost his place in the team about end of August due to injury and although he was back fit about a month later, he didn't start a lot after that. He got a run of games about March after Wullie Gibson took over and scored another 3 goals but was dropped again for the last 3 games and wasn't offered a new contract.

I think generally he's quick and is a goalscorer but his fitness record is mixed and he's not perceived as working hard enough when he doesn't have the ball. Whether that's fair or not is another question. I quite liked him.

41 minutes ago, madton said:

Responded on your thread. SD has given you a detailed answer as well which is extremely generous IMO. A complete shitebag. If you come up against sides from lower divisions between now and the end of the season he'll do fine. If not, he's a waste of a jersey...

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Responded on your thread. SD has given you a detailed answer as well which is extremely generous IMO. A complete shitebag. If you come up against sides from lower divisions between now and the end of the season he'll do fine. If not, he's a waste of a jersey...

Fully agree with this. Had 2 seasons at Airdrie in league 1 and couldn't cement a starting place in the team, must have a great agent keeps managing to get moves to the championship.

1 hour ago, madton said:

He's just not Championship level, maybe L2.

On 09/01/2023 at 15:03, QoS99 said:

Kabia been recalled by Livi, wonder if he’ll end up here

It seems Kabia wasn't recalled as much as sent back by Morton. Sounds like he had a pretty underwhelming spell there overall. That coupled with the attitude issues that saw him dropped from the Livi squad paint the picture of a player that needs to be kicked up the arse and Bartley might be the man to do that. It seems, at the moment, the chances of Jaze ever playing for Livi again are pretty much nil